AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

Its working indeed ;)
AMS 2016-12-12 20-26-49-93.jpg

its like the showroom in ac and yes its possible in ams too ;)

13392022_1621772114805449_1396405996733809920_o.jpg
Köln! Nice! :)

This is pretty off topic, ain't it? Alright, let's on-topic it a bit - currently trying to understand the new tyre mechanics and struggling with the textures for pickup/flatspots a bit, could someone point me into the right direction? Seems like it's done via diffuse maps (judging by Marcas stock & GT3 mod content), but I don't have any clue on how to add them via 3DSimEd (if it's even possible, that is?). Any hints? ;)

without the left part? dont know but i dont think so
edit: did you have the pic on your post in high res?

Sadly not, I found it on the net as example...I can try to find it...
...or I can try to obtain a panoramic photo from the game itself...:cautious:

I shall look at it, but this showroom is with a movie in the wall.
Also you must edit the showroom to the mod.

Oh thanks, really appreciated but mine was just an idea, I really appreciate your work so please I don't want to waste your time...

@Bram Can an admin move the posts about showroom to a new thread?I didn't want to ruin the original one...

Last edited:
Köln! Nice! :)

This is pretty off topic, ain't it? Alright, let's on-topic it a bit - currently trying to understand the new tyre mechanics and struggling with the textures for pickup/flatspots a bit, could someone point me into the right direction? Seems like it's done via diffuse maps (judging by Marcas stock & GT3 mod content), but I don't have any clue on how to add them via 3DSimEd (if it's even possible, that is?). Any hints? ;)

open a reiza tire and you can have a look on the material in 3dsimed... theres one tire texture followed by the wear, flat, grass, sand and cube map textures on the secondary channels... for me the easiest way on the gt3 was to map a tire on the reiza textures so i could use the same material just with copy and paste from a reiza tire... but i think it can work also when you have a tire with separate textures for tire wall and tread... just have to make two materials and create new textures what fit the tire...

like i already wrote, open a reiza tire, check the material and recreate it on your tire

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.