Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.4.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, yesterday I noticed Advanced Gamepad assist started to behave different even though I didn't touch any settings, I simply switched back and forth between 2 different presets and now they both seem to be broken. Ever since, the cars automatically straighten out during a slide, preventing me from doing donuts when before it never used to do that (see attachment). I tried messing with the settings, resetting the app to factory settings, and re-installing the assist but no luck. Any advice on what I should do?

I've never seen it do that, so it's hard to know. Have you tried disabling GamepadFX or using another one? Just to make sure it's not something else causing it. Also try a different car, some mod cars can act weird.

Last edited:
I've never seen it do that, so it's hard to know. Have you tried disabling GamepadFX or using another one? Just to make sure it's not something else causing it. Also try a different car, some mod cars can act weird.
I did some messing around and luckily found the issue, so for some reason with the new content manager update, the script now interferes with the stability control and messes up the steering. Prior to the update I had stability control at 100% and the script worked perfectly fine, but now you have to put it to 0% or just lower it then it'll work as it should.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-17 194232.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-17 194232.png
    567.8 KB · Views: 50
This just gets better and better. Thanks for the update. The manual shifting option is an absolute godsend for cars that aren't setup properly. This is a legitimately better control setup than any AAA racing title, built around controllers or not. Great work man.

Hi! This is a must have app to AC. Thanks for your work! May i ask: some cars can´t use the app because they dont allow the app to read engine data. Like many URD mods (Darche, Bayro, Oreca...) If i use one of this cars, the auto shifting is completely broke. I thing the case here might be encription data (Dont know for sure).
My suggestion in this case, as if this cars issues are detected (like unable to verify engine data) the app auto disables itself, leaving AC/CSP/CM default settings working. When you use another working car it enables itself again. Making this process automatic.

Another issue is about the VRC cars that uses csp. When using auto shifting with auto clutch, the gears dont work even when they are engaged. There is something about the vrc car code (F1 2023, TA2 and ERC) that broke the app auto shifting too. In this cars, if thee app auto shifting is engaged, the engine dies as soon as some acelerarion is applied (TA2 and ERC) or just dont engaging at all (F1 2023).

--> If the cars above are detected, the app disable the engine/clutch/shifting and uses only the gamepad "driving" aids benefits. (Sugestion)

Anyway, here some suggestions about problematic cars :)
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi! This is a must have app to AC. Thanks for your work! May i ask: some cars can´t use the app because they dont allow the app to read engine data. Like many URD mods (Darche, Bayro, Oreca...) If i use one of this cars, the auto shifting is completely broke. I thing the case here might be encription data (Dont know for sure).
My suggestion in this case, as if this cars issues are detected (like unable to verify engine data) the app auto disables itself, leaving AC/CSP/CM default settings working. When you use another working car it enables itself again. Making this process automatic.

Another issue is about the VRC cars that uses csp. When using auto shifting with auto clutch, the gears dont work even when they are engaged. There is something about the vrc car code (F1 2023, TA2 and ERC) that broke the app auto shifting too. In this cars, if thee app auto shifting is engaged, the engine dies as soon as some acelerarion is applied (TA2 and ERC) or just dont engaging at all (F1 2023).

--> If the cars above are detected, the app disable the engine/clutch/shifting and uses only the gamepad "driving" aids benefits. (Sugestion)

Anyway, here some suggestions about problematic cars :)
Thanks a lot!

Yeah I know some cars with encrypted engine files, but in those cases the assist already disables the custom clutch and shifting. So anything weird beyond that is probably the just car's fault.
I also tried the VRC F1 2023 car and it worked fine. The only thing was the anti-stall sometimes interfering with the auto clutch when setting off, but the shifting worked just fine.
Thing is, with how many thousands of different mod cars people are using in AC, I can't possibly account for every one of them. I also don't wanna have hard-coded exceptions for specific cars, that's just unmaintainable. So as much as I try to make things work for as many cars as I can test, there's always a risk that some mods won't play nice.

Yeah I know some cars with encrypted engine files, but in those cases the assist already disables the custom clutch and shifting. So anything weird beyond that is probably the just car's fault.
I also tried the VRC F1 2023 car and it worked fine. The only thing was the anti-stall sometimes interfering with the auto clutch when setting off, but the shifting worked just fine.
Thing is, with how many thousands of different mod cars people are using in AC, I can't possibly account for every one of them. I also don't wanna have hard-coded exceptions for specific cars, that's just unmaintainable. So as much as I try to make things work for as many cars as I can test, there's always a risk that some mods won't play nice.
Seems fair enough, will try some alternatives to see what works best here. Thanks for the amazing app!!

Hi Guys,

Question.

I want to mainly use the automatic shifter function that this mode contains, but i want to keep playing on wheel. is it possible to do? or do i need to play with keyboard on controller,

The reason i am asking this is that other Real gearbox mods dont work with the current version of CSP, and i would love to use it for cruising.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Question.

I want to mainly use the automatic shifter function that this mode contains, but i want to keep playing on wheel. is it possible to do? or do i need to play with keyboard on controller,

The reason i am asking this is that other Real gearbox mods dont work with the current version of CSP, and i would love to use it for cruising.

GamepadFX scripts only work with controllers (or keyboard depending on the script), hence the name. I can't do much about that. Those other mods are a different type of script, but mine needs to be a GamepadFX because of all the other things it does.

GamepadFX scripts only work with controllers (or keyboard depending on the script), hence the name. I can't do much about that. Those other mods are a different type of script, but mine needs to be a GamepadFX because of all the other things it does.
Is it possible to make it a standalone mod, the shifting? or extract it somehow

This is mainly rear engine GT race cars, but also affect other cars. Very noticeable when using the 911 GT3 R 2016 car on Nordschleife Tourist track. The problem is the rear tires overheats on corners heavily, maybe the steering is too aggressive, I experimented with changing the Target slip angle to 90, the lowest it can go but I guess that only affects the front tires. I think essentially the problem is that the assist suffers when the car oversteers at high speeds.

This is mainly rear engine GT race cars, but also affect other cars. Very noticeable when using the 911 GT3 R 2016 car on Nordschleife Tourist track. The problem is the rear tires overheats on corners heavily, maybe the steering is too aggressive, I experimented with changing the Target slip angle to 90, the lowest it can go but I guess that only affects the front tires. I think essentially the problem is that the assist suffers when the car oversteers at high speeds.

Can you record a clip?

adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.4.3

• Added some sliders to the extra settings menu to adjust AC's own controller settings
  • Made factory presets read-only since previously you could delete them or save over them which might have been confusing
  • Fixed a potential issue that could have caused the custom automatic shifting mode to not update its shifting points when the car's gear ratios have changed

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for version 1.4.3!!! This version corrected my VRC F1 Alpha 23 1.4. My automated cluch /gears now works as it should with this version!
I was having little hiccups with the first 3 gears in RSS F1 23 too. With this version it´s gone too. So, just good news. Thanks a lot!

Does it automatically apply the updates or do we have to reinstall them manually? I have been using it for a long time and I recommend this mod to all my friends who play Assetto or are just starting out and they are also very satisfied. Thanks for your efforts, buddy.

Does it automatically apply the updates or do we have to reinstall them manually? I have been using it for a long time and I recommend this mod to all my friends who play Assetto or are just starting out and they are also very satisfied. Thanks for your efforts, buddy.

You have to re-download and install it. I've been thinking about some sort of automatic update system, but it would need some work. Maybe one day.

Last edited:
You have to re-download and install it. I've been thinking about some sort of automatic update system, but it would need some work. Maybe one day.

I looked into automatic updates. It would be possible, but sadly I can't make those updates count towards the download numbers here on RaceDepartment. So if I added an update feature then the download count here would drop quite a bit, and it wouldn't reflect the popularity of the mod anymore. I'll have to think about this a bit more.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.