2013 MotoGP Season

Honda have the lion's share of rider talent and Bradl is coming into form at just the right time which is great to see. I'm sure if he was alive, Barry Sheene would have plenty to say about riders coming into form at this time of the season.

I read Crutchlow may be moving to Ducati; he's a solid prospect & a move to Ducati would be a huge risk given only Capirossi and Stoner have a record of success on their bikes.

Sad news..
It's said that Andrea Antonelli was killed during WSBK Moscow round in heavy wet condition last weekend.

wss_muore_andrea_antonelli_al_moscow_raceway_12109.jpg

Andrea Antonelli was killed after a first lap crash under torrential rains in the FIM World Supersport race at Moscow Raceway, part of the World Superbike weekend.
The race was stopped and the Italian rider for the Go Eleven Kawasaki team was transported to hospital where it was announced that he had passed away from his head injury.

At the age of 25, Antonelli lost control on the back straight and due to the extreme weather conditions on a slippery surface, the Italian went down and Lorenzo Zanetti could not avoid hitting his fellow competitor.
The Honda rider was unharmed in the crash.

It was terrible indeed - I watched the WSS race live from here in Australia and the accident looked awful. In fact the weather during the first WSBK race was shocking and only got worse; in hindsight the WSBK organisers should have stopped all of the races but I guess trackside patrons and TV viewers are factored into these decisions. Marco Melandri had suggested the races be stopped on Twitter.

RIP Andrea Antonelli

I'm not sure Stoner would come back to the championship, but it sure would spice up things if he rides a competitive machine.

Crazy races today, in all 3 categories. I'm happy that Tito Rabat is back at business, it's a shame he's basically out of the fight for the Moto2 championship. Next year, if he can keep this form, he'll be one of the favourites for the title.

A good Moto3 race too, Alex Márquez got a podium at last (first of hopefully a lot more) and Alex Rins is just great. He wins a race, he should be dripping adrenaline everywhere, and when they interview him after the race, he seems to be just out of bed, half-asleep :D
And MotoGP was good, both Pedrosa and Lorenzo are probably in a worse state than they claim to be, but still, they managed to finish 2nd and 3rd. Márquez widened the gap in the championship though, and unless they can stop his winning streak soon, things will look bleak for both Jorge and Dani. Great recovery by Rossi, snatching 4th in the last corner and going from 7th to 4th in barely 4 laps, it was really entertaining.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.