2012 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point Hampus, but that was just my opinion... I had no source.
Why complicate things further by saying things like this?

You know what Bram? (Some news I have been told) Vergne, in the last lap and being in Safety Car condition was told to open a gap with the car in front (assuming Vettel would be penalized with 20 secinds for overtaking under yellow flags),
You made me spend time trying to find that radio message, i spent time talking to other people on other forums as well.

Completely pointless if it was just made up.

We are not exactly going to solve things any faster with this sort of things.

Really you see a flagman there???? :D I am amazed really with your capacity for viewing the flag man where I just can see something blurry... are you sure it is not a muppet??

Cmon guys, keep it serious...! ;)

What do you mean Hampus with the post above? From who you´ve heard it? Maybe it was a german creating the rummor about Spaniards claiming? Cmon, you don´t believe me, but believe anyoen else... We won´t move far further like that either.

Really you see a flagman there???? :D I am amazed really with your capacity for viewing the flag man where I just can see something blurry... are you sure it is not a muppet??

Cmon guys, keep it serious...! ;)

What do you mean Hampus with the post above? From who you´ve heard it? Maybe it was a german creating the rummor about Spaniards claiming? Cmon, you don´t believe me, but believe anyoen else... We won´t move far further like that either.
If you have iRacing i can prove the guy is Spanish,
You actually have a Spanish person talking to Xose in the same thread.
Xose can confirm that.

Who else have i believed? I don´t think i had a stance at all in all of this because there was so much uncertainty.

I´ve asked another person on another forum and he told me this,

I read that too - but the way I read it it seemed (based on said article - can't remember where I first read it) it seemed like a construct by the Spanish media.
So my random guess backed up by this guy and a Spanish person.
It wasn´t that hard to figure out because FIA is not morons.
If STR tells Vergne to slow down for no reason at all FIA will be on their asses instantly.

And as i said before, i´m sure we are missing something, as you can see that turned out to be true once again.

You can see the flagman on the left, as soon as Vettel passes he waves the flag downwards.

Concerning the Vergne issue:

According to the official F1 "live timing archive", the last lap of Vergne before crossing the finish line was a 1:48, Button had a 2:30, Alonso 2:11, Vettel 2:00. His lap was one of the fastest under SC conditions. This does not like "take it slow to keep a gap". Even if there was an order to do it, somewhere around entering S2 or S3, he would have been driving at enormous speed at the beginning of the lap.

But there won't be an investigation anyway. In 2007, there were issues about the fuel temperature of the BMW-Sauber cars. Big issue - no penalty, a DSQ would have made Hamilton WDC. The McLaren protest had no chance (might of course also have been Ferrari influence). The FIA won't take the possible shitstorm this year as well.

Edit: I have just seen: Vergnes last sector was in comparision extremely fast.

There's definitely a flagman waving a flag in the tower thing to the left.

It's likely it's a green flag, since it doesn't have any yellow tone at all.

If a marshal waving a flag overrides track and car lights, then the pass should be legal.

As much as I would like Alonso to win the championship, I think it's already over.

Yes every single move Vettel did was 100% legal. There´s no debate anymore, they have all been proven.

but i think he should have gotten a drive through for his stupid move in the opening lap.
Looked like a rookie,
Well that was the Thing amazed me too. Being a Fan of seb i too thought he needs a DT on that but Stewards deemed it as a Racing Incident. But fair play to seb he came back from Field to get the WDC.
Case is Closed in my View now.

Yes every single move Vettel did was 100% legal. There´s no debate anymore, they have all been proven.

Proven by who??? :O_o: Calling yourself F1 Supremo doesn´t mean you can decide over FIA, or can you? :p

I can´t see a flagman there guys... are you kidding now? Seriously? I see something really blurry.. and if that is meant to be a flag, it could be a blue flag, or it could be a german flag... cmon be serious about it.

I am not expecting the move to be ilegal really, understand me, I want FIA to make things clear. And not only in this one, but in the one on Kobayashi, as Allan McNish (invited Marshall in some races) clearly states it was under yellow flag.

About what I posted Hampus, I didn´t readed anywhere really... I was told by another person that Vergne dropped in the Sfaety car lap, and then I checked it on my own. The only reason I found to make it logycall was that there was something, as you are saying, that we don´t know.

According to the official F1 "live timing archive", the last lap of Vergne before crossing the finish line was a 1:48, Button had a 2:30, Alonso 2:11, Vettel 2:00. His lap was one of the fastest under SC conditions.
So, before the Safety Car he is 10 seconds behind Michael Schumacher... then he does teh fastest lap behind the Safety Car but he is 20 seconds far now... LOL :roflmao: Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes