2012 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah quiet true.

I really dont get Ham and Hulk crash investigated while Vet and Senna not even looked at, I mean its a non contact sport, no matter whos fault it was really? where is the FIA consistancy? even if Senna was at fault....

We never have consistency from these people, ever. It's been this way for as long as I can remember, and if anything it gets worse every year. Quite how RBR got away with the whole engine map charade is beyond me, because anyone else would have suffered heavily. Mind you, it was exactly the same with Ferrari back in the day.

I'm not saying Vettel should have received a penalty, but Hulkenberg got one in very similar circumstances, and yet the Vettel/Senna accident isn't even investigated. Very telling.

So the yellow's I saw on sunday have been confirmed as red/yellow's. :confused:

I've looked back but I cant see how Vettel got away with taking out Senna? Seemed far more avoidable and wreckless than what Hulk did to Hamilton. Slippery conditions and a battle for the lead made that incident happen, whereas Vettel totally cut to the apex when Senna was already on it. This sort of move would raise a few eyebrows on even an RD race. :)

But what kind of penalty should the give Senna?
The season is over, their are no other races left so from what happen the only penalties that can come up to my mind are 5-10 grip slot drop or start from last. Except if their is a rule in which a penalty can be carried over to the next season then I don't really see how the FIA will penalize him. (and the incident is definitely not worth a fine)

I don't know what to think anymore. YT commentator seems correct with his third video but what is going to happen now?

After how much time can race control penalize a driver in F1?

But I cannot imagine that such a small offense would loose a driver the championship. Don't think Alonso would like to win a title like this either :)

Looks like some people REALLY don't want Vettel to be champion :D

Agree with Bram though. If they penalized Vettel and he lost the championship because of it now, it would constitute a huge loss of face for Formula 1.
Consequently, if this is legitimate and the FIA decides to take a look at it again, I'd guess they'd do the smart thing and give him a 10-second penalty (as opposed to 20 seconds). That way, they could penalize the illegal move but keep the championship result (and their reputation) intact.

Well The passes are Valid guys. There is nothing in the Footage i've already watched all the three
Umm did you watch the vid above your post. As the commentator kindly explains the two passes mentioned here were legal, but there was obviously a third illegal one.

the Torro rosso clearly slowed down and let Vettel pass in the straight. Look how the two other cars got away.
That doesn't allow Vettel to pass unless the TR got an issue and is about to retire.

Looks like some people REALLY don't want Vettel to be champion :D

Agree with Bram though. If they penalized Vettel and he lost the championship because of it now, it would constitute a huge loss of face for Formula 1.
Consequently, if this is legitimate and the FIA decides to take a look at it again, I'd guess they'd do the smart thing and give him a 10-second penalty (as opposed to 20 seconds). That way, they could penalize the illegal move but keep the championship result (and their reputation) intact.

That would be worse, would be recognising that Vettel did an illegal thing and manipulate a standard penalty so they are sure he still wins.

Rules are rules, or Vettel did nothing wrong and he wins, or he did wrong and he loses, or you consider that its too late to change results now so you don't even investigate it, this are the options.

David Garcia
True but two of the three were done under a static yellow/red light which is allowed. I am still waiting for someone that can point to the F1 rulebook where its defined where a greenlight zone officially starts.

Its quite an interesting case what the marshals will have to say about the third overtaking which I also would classify as illegal. I find it even more strange that nobody noticed it or do marshals also watch the Sky TV transmission :)

Umm did you watch the vid above your post. As the commentator kindly explains the two passes mentioned here were legal, but there was obviously a third illegal one.
Yep i've watched it and you check this out
http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://i.minus.com/ifCeF4LzTDLqY.gif#.ULWgIuRtjgw
You can see a Person waving Green flag at the Post and then He made the pass or STR. So it was Legal also in F1 fanatic forum people are saying due to confusion he handed the Place back to vergne and overtook again
Here is the Link for that
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f...lag-overtakes/?topic_page=2&num=15#post-80921

David Garcia
True but two of the three were done under a static yellow/red light which is allowed. I am still waiting for someone that can point to the F1 rulebook where its defined where a greenlight zone officially starts.

Its quite an interesting case what the marshals will have to say about the third overtaking which I also would classify as illegal. I find it even more strange that nobody noticed it or do marshals also watch the Sky TV transmission :)

You know what Bram? (Some news I have been told) Vergne, in the last lap and being in Safety Car condition was told to open a gap with the car in front (assuming Vettel would be penalized with 20 secinds for overtaking under yellow flags), so in the race GPS it is clear Vergne slow down a lot and open a gap with Vettel enough as to avoid the penalty (everybody having a F1 Android add on with GPS could see it)... with a little mistake, the gap Vergne had with Vettel was of 19,2 secons. So in case of being penalyzed Vettel will loose the champ because 0,8 seconds.

It is quite ashaming Red Bull, the team that likes to show how ethic in sport has to be, did not only used a team order, but used an order to a third party team as Toro Rosso. So they are not taking benefit of having a second team just to do easy overtakings, but they have done that... just to prove Red Bull´s excellence.

Alonso has just been interviewed on a Spanish Radio a while ago, and he have said Ferrari is going to fight for the tittle.

There is something worse than winning a tittle in a office, and it is winning a tittle cheating. Ask Lance Armstrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 72 59.0%