2012 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC links posted by Metalfreaky and Markus Neumann should make things much clearer about Sebs overtake.

I think somewhere in there, it says the yellow LED on Sebs display was (on) solid right through the yellow sectors.

I just wonder whether the bookies will pay me if the his win is overturned.

Ohm and the standard penalty which has to be imposed is 20 second, which will make Alonso champion.

We'll have to wait and see. The FIA have until tomorrow (November 30th) to decide.
The yellow light in the driver's car is ignored if a green flag is being waved by a marshal.

He knew he was slower than Vettel, so I don't see anything bad in that.

The problem is that precisely him was slower in several occasions and it made a lot of sense for him to try to keep overtaking cars at his back. Remember Barrichello almost smashed on a pit wall, Hamilton behind Schumi, etc etc.

So for them it made sense to try even to dangerous/illegal means, but for Vettel, bahh, do not want to interfere. Pft.

Massa let Alonso pass to take 2nd place... and he did that multiple times this season too,
Really???? Mention when and where, because as far as I know Alonso qualified ahead of Massa 17 out of 19 times this season... when you give data like that, you should be more accurate.

Even if he is his team mate, shouldn't Alonso have to fight for his position?
Suuuuuuuuuuureeeeee... that´s what every team in the grid wants, his two cars out of the race because a fight. Better than that, that is what every team having one driver with 300 points and another one with 50 wants to happen... and of course I am sure that if you had a team you would do that in that situation.

:cautious: Be serious Giorgios! :D

Alright, here we go, Monza, Austin, Interlagos.(which is 10+15p (since Alonso finished 3rd after Massa letting him start on the clean side)) Oh and Massa out-qualified Alonso 3 times, Austin, Monza and Interlagos.

Plus I was adding up to the fairness of the battle to the championship not the points for the constructors.

Alright, here we go, Monza, Austin, Interlagos.(which is 10+15p (since Alonso finished 3rd after Massa letting him start on the clean side)) .
He did not gain 25 points from that
He gained 3 points each of those races by looking at the positions they finished in, So a total of 9 points and not 25.

Monza: Alonso 15p, Massa 12p
Austin: Alonso 15p, Massa 12p
Brazil: Alonso 18p, Massa 15p

Austin Massa started behind Alonso.
But he beat him in Qualifying.

And he did let Alonso past in the Brazil race.
Massa was quite a bit quicker in the race in the beginning trying to hold of a train with cars while Alonso was struggling. He did a fine job there team wise.
I was immensely impressed actually.

Austin Massa started behind Alonso.
But he beat him in Qualifying.

And he did let Alonso past in the Brazil race.
Massa was quite a bit quicker in the race in the beginning trying to hold of a train with cars while Alonso was struggling. He did a fine job there team wise.
I was immensely impressed actually.

I was very happy to see him doing so nicely after the last 2 seasons, I hope he can fight for wins next year again :)

I don't really understand the article and why ist is such a big deal when Ferrari asks for clarification. We discussed the Vettel inccidents here and it took 2-3 days until we found the important details.
So what is wrong to ask someone who should know it?

They have NOT protested against the official race results which is something completly different.

I don't really understand the article and why ist is such a big deal when Ferrari asks for clarification. We discussed the Vettel inccidents Herr and it took 2-3 days until we found the important details.
So what is wrong to ask someone who should know it?

They have NOT protested against the official race results which is something completly different.

personally i don't think it's a big deal, if there were questions that Vettel may have won the championship by making illegal overtakes i think Ferrari have every right to ask for clarification. I'm not a Ferrari fan by the way, so i say that as a neutral observer. as someone neutral in the whole matter i, and i'm sure a lot of F1 fans, are actually glad that the FIA have clarified because now it means the matter is closed completely.

i just thought the article had some interesting points to make. it is an opinion piece after all, of course a lot of people will have differing opinions to the author :)

FIA made this blow up into a bigger situation than it already was. They refused to discuss whether they are looking into the situation or not, and only now cleared it. They cleared it during the race one source says and now only decided to tell the media who've blown it out of proportion and so have the fans.

Just went through the race again and when talking about flags, Ferrari and Alonso in particular have something to explain:

We can agree that you can't push to the max when there's yellow flags out, to ensure the safety of the marshalls. Alonso though failed to brake properly on the beginning of lap 5 under flashing yellow and he took the escape route with quite some speed.
In lap 56, Alonso almost lost the car at the exit of turn 3, again under yellow because marshalls were clearing the car of Hamilton.

So in my opinion, Alonso pushed too hard and wasn't respecting the yellow flags at all, and should be penalized for that.

So if Ferrari demand explanation, they should give some explanation too!

Just went through the race again and when talking about flags, Ferrari and Alonso in particular have something to explain:

We can agree that you can't push to the max when there's yellow flags out, to ensure the safety of the marshalls. Alonso though failed to brake properly on the beginning of lap 5 under flashing yellow and he took the escape route with quite some speed.
In lap 56, Alonso almost lost the car at the exit of turn 3, again under yellow because marshalls were clearing the car of Hamilton.

So in my opinion, Alonso pushed too hard and wasn't respecting the yellow flags at all, and should be penalized for that.

So if Ferrari demand explanation, they should give some explanation too!
Mate the Season 2012 is Over so please Don't Raise new points here

Both of those incidents are due to the conditions.
The track was getting wetter and wetter and particulary in lap 56 it was already quite wet and he was still on slicks which was at that point maybe 1 lap to late.
Tires were getting colder and losing grip and they have to manage 750hp with a throttle play of maybe 30mm at the limit (i think DC said this duirng quali)

Yellow flags means only this,

1. No overtaking
2. Do not improve your sector time
#2 is not correct: You're allowed to improve sectortimes, but you must be able to show you acknowledged the yellow flags, by going slightly slower in the yellow flag zone, for the safety of the marshalls.
Alonso pushed that hard that he went off track in 1 case, and nearly lost the car in the other case. I can see that in the 2nd case the track was indeed quite wet and it was time to get interns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back