Modding Questions Thread

Hello,
i need some advice. I would like to know if someone know what values i would have to change to get the camera angle and hight (without moving) to create my own camerafile. I know how to open and change values in the camera file. I also understand the codes logical design. f.e. numbervalues ect. I just have no idea what exact number i would have to change. Does someone has any idea?

Thank you very much

[mod] - Guys, it my fault that Befaro's question is repeated below ..... I merged his thread without realising he had already reposted

Hello,
i need some advice. I would like to know if someone know what values i would have to change to get the camera angle and hight (without moving) to create my own camerafile. I know how to open and change values in the camera file. I also understand the codes logical design. f.e. numbervalues ect. I just have no idea what exact number i would have to change. Does someone has any idea?
http://www.youtube.com/user/LucasDiGrassi
Thank you very much :)

Hello,
You can experiment with the values ​​in these rows:
<Parameter name="pitch" type="scalar" value="???????" />
<Parameter name="offset" type="vector3" x="???????" y="???????" z="???????" />
<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="???????" />
Remember to make backup your own files.:thumbsup:

If somebody could help me out here.....

I've been tooling around with the 2013 database and language files that I downloaded here and have stuffed something up along the way. I now have Perez (driving the Mclaren) being referred to as Schumacher by my race engineer (audio). What do I have to alter in the database to have him (Perez) called by his proper name? Thanks.

• Deleted member 137812

Just a question to all of you, have you ever noticed some AI cars run wide in this corner?
australia-turn-4-melbourne-albert-park_2913137.jpg

It's melbourne turn 4, they cross the other sides kerbs for no reason and lose a lot of speed with it.

Hello! A few database questions:
1 - In database (ai_driver) whats the difference between speed_in and speed_out?
2 - In mind_games_efectiveness 1 is very high possibility and 0,1 very low possibility?
3 - In mistakes 1 is very high possibility and 0,1 very low possibility?
4 - What's variance?

Hello all,

I am experienced in rFactor modding and am able to replace a car model if needed... however in this game it seems ot be a little odd,

Currently i am driving the caterham, although some of the 1997 cars look very good to place it on my caterham... problem now is... if i want the minardi on it for ex. i will have to replace the HRT carshape... i am driving a caterham...

Could i put the HRT car shape in the Caterham folder and then get the textures on it? does anyone know where i find that tuturial if there is one...?

Many thanks!
Marco

Hello all,

I am experienced in rFactor modding and am able to replace a car model if needed... however in this game it seems ot be a little odd,

Currently i am driving the caterham, although some of the 1997 cars look very good to place it on my caterham... problem now is... if i want the minardi on it for ex. i will have to replace the HRT carshape... i am driving a caterham...

Could i put the HRT car shape in the Caterham folder and then get the textures on it? does anyone know where i find that tuturial if there is one...?

Many thanks!
Marco

If i've understand properly,

You drove a Caterham with a 1997 skin so the Tyrrell skin, but you want the shape of HRT with the Tyrrell thats right ?? If yes.... you need to redo a skin for the HRT to get the same skin has Caterham

Hello all,

Many thanks!
Marco

You can replace all caterham files in cars/ca2 by HRT files, and rename them from hr2... to ca2..., then you will have to do the same in the folder interiors for mirrors, and you will have the HRT car with caterham.

After that, you'll be able to play with the skin from HRT on Caterham.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.