Modding Questions Thread

OK so I have few minor problems that I think are easily fixed but I just don't know how. I started changing basically everything that said Bruno or Senna or SEN into Valtteri, Bottas and BOT. I ended up doing something right and something horribly wrong.

Now I just don't get why there reads d. db_Bottas
rsrb4m.jpg

Here you can see I got the BOT part working and also the nationality, but his name is just D :S
8wecyb.jpg

Here I cant understand why isn't there a picture of Bruno since I didn't change any texture files yet, also the name doesn't show correctly...
2rh4pok.jpg

Now I know there is probably some really easy explanation to this..
Here are the things I changed in the database.bin (didn't touch any other file)

1. From f1drivers: first_name_string_id from Bruno to Valtteri (didn't touch the file name column)
nationality_id (I got that right)
short_name_string_id from SEN to BOT (that went right also)
surname_string_id from Senna to Bottas
2. From ai_driver: name from Bruno Senna into Valtteri Bottas

And that's it. Now if someone could kindly put me to the right direction, it would be great. Thank you!

Ok.. So should I change everything in the database.bin back to normal?

Uhm... Yes.

The only problem with just changing the language file is the right short name list in the menu.
But just there, in all of the rest fo the game there will be BOT.

You can fix that, if you make the file id to Bottas in that point, but than you have to do everything, whcihc is linked to it, to it, like in frontend files, all senna pics rename to bottas and so on...

And thats very much work for some little thing in the menu ;)

Ok thank you so much! that saved my day :thumbsup:

just one additional thing: Nico rosberg and Nico Hülkenberg are connected with the same frontname... (ID is the same).

Means: If you make one of them to Tino for example, both has Tino as frontname.
There are in the language file db_nico and db_nico2. In the db under drivers both, Hül and Ros, are connected with db_Nico. one of them you must rename to: nico2.
then they will work fine, too.

Hello buddies!!! I need some help... I want to change some car and drivers name, what should I do? What specific place in languange.ing and database should i change? Please be specific... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU

Hello buddies!!! I need some help... I want to change some car and drivers name, what should I do? What specific place in languange.ing and database should i change? Please be specific... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU
Then you have to be specific, too. Which driver name or team name do you want to change?

For example Khartikeyan to Bruno Senna or HRT for monster energy team

Team name, look into team menu selection, took exactly the name of the team, inside language file, do ctrl+f, click on the tab where you can replace the name, on the find line, put real team name, on replace one, your new team name. After click on replace all

For driver name, search for first name of driver like Fernanado Alonso, search for alonso, and replace it for you new driver name. But for this one do not replace all, so just find it, two place to change it, the one has in CAPITAL, and the other normal, You should saw more than one with first name... so look at the left colum, if the first name doesnt appear, its because its the name for when you create your driver....
Last name do the same

Team name, look into team menu selection, took exactly the name of the team, inside language file, do ctrl+f, click on the tab where you can replace the name, on the find line, put real team name, on replace one, your new team name. After click on replace all

For driver name, search for first name of driver like Fernanado Alonso, search for alonso, and replace it for you new driver name. But for this one do not replace all, so just find it, two place to change it, the one has in CAPITAL, and the other normal, You should saw more than one with first name... so look at the left colum, if the first name doesnt appear, its because its the name for when you create your driver....
Last name do the same
thank you man!! thank you! It works!!

Didnt know, where to put that question: We already have great, great templates for helmets and gloves. maybe i missed it, but i think, overall templates would be awesome!

(Not the one from ML, there are very good, but can o0nly be used by people with 3d programs i think... There are really great for those people, but me, as a 2d "programmer", would like to have a overall templat ;))

IOts soemthing half a request and a question, so, if its the wrong thread for anyone, ill delete this and post it in the other thread ;)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 69 58.5%