Modding Questions Thread

The
Wireframes for the drivers and crew I also put in as a seperate template by itself in the latest model release I done.

I don't see the need for a wireframe for the steering wheels/garages, as they are very very easy to work with, and it would take a bit of time to do them.

Perhaps Gerald will do them for you seeing he has provided you with the helmet wireframe.

Ok. Many Thanks.
You have right: i see the steering wheels and the Garages in the Ryder pssg Editor. No Problem: i Need no wireframes for this.

Only for the driver and the Crews i can Not Open your wireframes.

Can anyone please tell me what I have to edit to make all top teams available at the start of the career? I don't need a database file, I wan't to do it myself since I have a database file I want to use. Thanks

Can anyone please tell me what I have to edit to make all top teams available at the start of the career? I don't need a database file, I wan't to do it myself since I have a database file I want to use. Thanks

The solution is on page 52... This page is 53. :rolleyes:

Change the Id's of HRT, Marussia, Caterham, STR, Fi, Williams in f1 teams tab to the teams to you and make sure you get a new Profile as old profile will get corrupted

Hi, does anyone has a guide as to how to make 3D models of a car ?
I have tried messing around with 3dSimEd, Keyshot, and Cinema4d.
I can get one of them to actually show the car, cinema4d in flat .TGA view, but how do I make a 3D model I do not know.
The other programs does only show some coloured lines, or cannot open .DDS or .PSSG files.
A guide on how to do this will be great ;-)
Or maybe just some steps to be done, maybe the car file, .TGA, .DDS or .PPSG needs to be converted first ?
Cheers Peter

Hi, does anyone has a guide as to how to make 3D models of a car ?
I have tried messing around with 3dSimEd, Keyshot, and Cinema4d.
I can get one of them to actually show the car, cinema4d in flat .TGA view, but how do I make a 3D model I do not know.
The other programs does only show some coloured lines, or cannot open .DDS or .PSSG files.
A guide on how to do this will be great ;-)
Or maybe just some steps to be done, maybe the car file, .TGA, .DDS or .PPSG needs to be converted first ?
Cheers Peter

3D car made by Ml2166 doesnt work for you ?!

ML2166 makes them in Photoshop or ? Im trying to become best frinds with Photoshop but I am not there yet. Maybe one of the 3 listed programs could do the job easier. Just my thought.
I have made the team, car, garage, etc., what I would like to know is how to create a nice 3D, as I have the files ready for it so to speak. Its done. Only 3D to be used as pc wallpaper and presentation would be great.

The cars you can open up in 3DSimed.

You can export this file then as a 3DS file to a folder of your choice, and then open it with anything that is compatible with this file format.

3DS Max
Photoshop
Keyshot

to name just a few.

The cars you can open up in 3DSimed.
You can export this file then as a 3DS file to a folder of your choice, and then open it with anything that is compatible with this file format.
3DS Max
Photoshop
Keyshot
to name just a few.
Aah, so I use 3dsimed as conversion to 3DS and then Keyshot open 3DS and make the 3D.
Great, I will try that ;) Thanks ML.

In 3Dsimed I can import the .PSSG file, and see some colour lines presented. I cannot save it 3DS or Export it like that. It can be saved in .3SE which saves it as a very small file.
Any suggestion ?

In 3Dsimed I can import the .PSSG file, and see some colour lines presented. I cannot save it 3DS or Export it like that. It can be saved in .3SE which saves it as a very small file.
Any suggestion ?

I understand about you want a 3d model to view your work. But the problem is if you open it with an other program, its will just show the car right ?!? so with wich program you will use to make the skin ?!.

I know Photoshop is not easy to learn, but not impossible and still the easiest way to make a skin because we can paint directly on the car instead of other program you will use to view the 3d car

I have the car in both .DDS .TGA and .PPSG format. As long as one of them works its ok with me. View in 3Dsimed is default, When I import a .PSSG file I have these color lines in all directions. (Nothing happends in 3dsimed if I try to open .TGA or .DDS)
PS: Schifty: I have made it in Paint Shop Pro and converted in The COmpressonator with DXT5.
When a .PPSG file is imported I can press XYZ in view and Reset, and Eye viewing and Windows.
I use version 2.17A of 3dsimed.

You need to import the mc2_highLOD.pssg for example, to get the 3D model in 3DSimed.

Not just a normal DDS or PSSG file.

Once opened, there will still be quite a bit of work to do to get it to the finished state.

Yeah I can import that file and see a generic purple 3D car is visible.
Just thought there could be lets say 6-8 steps "do this and this", it seems to be a little complicated. Thanks anyway.

Yeah I can import that file and see a generic purple 3D car is visible.
Just thought there could be lets say 6-8 steps "do this and this", it seems to be a little complicated. Thanks anyway.

You then need to right click on a particular body part and import the material/skin

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 57.1%