Modding Questions Thread

1. Download the BXML Converter.http://petar.outer-heaven.net/d ownloads/
2. Drag and Drop your file on "Ryder BXML Editor.exe". Press enter.
3. This will make a new file called ai_vehicle...C.xml
4. Edit the new file.
5. Drag and drop edited file on the exe again. It will ask for a conversion type. Press 1 and then enter.
6. Rename your new file ai_vehicle...C.C.xml to ai_vehicle....xml
You're absolutely ready.:D

Thank you very much. The reconverting worked. I changed some Values but there is no effect ingame. I changef FOV to 90 f.e. but nothing changed. So i disabled the driverhead to see if there is any reaction to my changes at all. Nothing. What could be the reason?

Hello! A few database questions:
1 - In database (ai_driver) whats the difference between speed_in and speed_out?
2 - In mind_games_efectiveness 1 is very high possibility and 0,1 very low possibility?
3 - In mistakes 1 is very high possibility and 0,1 very low possibility?
4 - What's variance?
Heeeeeeeeelp

• Deleted member 137812

Need some big help, how do I change it that top teams stay out on prime tyres in Q1? With the big tyre difference in Melbourne they dont get past Q1 due that. Does anyone know a fix for this?

• Deleted member 137812

Need some big help, how do I change it that top teams stay out on prime tyres in Q1? With the big tyre difference in Melbourne they dont get past Q1 due that. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Guys I fixed it myself, this is something that might come handy for others too!
In the database there is a F1 team tab thats named Team tier, you need to make every team tier 3 or 4 to get the top teams use option tyres in Q1. Otherwise for example, in Melbourne, some top drivers wont promote to Q2 because they are on the prime tyre (which is the medium one) and the backrunners are on option tyres (which is super soft).

Guys I fixed it myself, this is something that might come handy for others too!
In the database there is a F1 team tab thats named Team tier, you need to make every team tier 3 or 4 to get the top teams use option tyres in Q1. Otherwise for example, in Melbourne, some top drivers wont promote to Q2 because they are on the prime tyre (which is the medium one) and the backrunners are on option tyres (which is super soft).
Hy Demy will you do the realism mod for 2013 too with correct names, performance for teams, and skills for drivers?It would be great to see your realism mod updated for 2013 season:)

Dear Racedepartment,

--in case this is known and I overlooked it pls delete the thread--

I have always been interested in adjusting the tyre degredation in the career mode, but found that it wasn't possible. After trying and trying I just found out that it is possible!
In the database.bin in the section "track_tyre_wear_level" the values of the type represent the characteristics of the track. 1 being a track not hard on tyres and 3 being a track that is hard on the tyres.

The value you should now edit is the "wear_level" - but be careful: the range is only from 0 to 1. If you enter a number >1 it will cause your race engineer not to allow any pitstops in the menu, as well as for the AI.

I did some testing and I think these values are quite good:
type.../...wear_level
1.../...0.3
2.../...0.8
3.../...0.9

I hope this was news to you and I could express myself clearly.

Regards and thank all of you for all these great mods here!!

Call me dumb (which I don't mind :D), but I don't quite understand what this is about... Could you give a concrete example of the effect of those values?

TIA

• Deleted member 137812

Hy Demy will you do the realism mod for 2013 too with correct names, performance for teams, and skills for drivers?It would be great to see your realism mod updated for 2013 season:)
Yes mate, its almost done to be honest. :)

Sorry if I caused some misunderstanding!
By editing the values for wear_level in the "track_tyre_wear_level" section you can increase the amout of tyre degredation in the career mode. That should also make shorter race distances with adjusted tyre degredation possible for the career mode

So far I just played around with the values myself but my impression is that there are two regulating factors on the tyre consume for career mode:

1. the track type -> integer value from 1 to 3
2. the wear_level -> float from 0 to 1

they are connected. For example: Melbourne is a type 1 circuit so the wear_level 0.3 will apply. Sepang is a type 3 circuit so the wear_level is at 0.9 (using the setting in the OP).

I tried many settings and different values (only changing the wear_level - because I don't know what the type might be nessesary for aswell and I don't want to screw around with it) and found the values of 0.3 - 0.8 - 0.9 as most realistic.

Hello to everybody!
I decided to use some mods in my F1 2012 game and I will need your help, in order to achieve the best result.

I have downloaded the following mods:

-Unlocked Debug Menus
-Revised performance v1.1
-Mechanical effects and problems v3.1
-Safety Car Fix
-Realism v3.1
-Realistic damage v3.0
-Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0
-Mr_Pibbs 2013 v2.0

My questions are the following:

a) Can I use Mr Pibbs 2013 v2.0 mod along with Realism v3.1 and Safety Car Fix, since all three of them have a database.bin file ?
b) Same goes for Realism v3.1 and Safety Car Fix, with the ai-driver_config.xml file
c) Same goes for Realism v3.1 and Realistic damage, due to the loose_part_settings.xml

If yes, which of these files should I use in any of the above cases ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.