Modding Questions Thread

What helmet materials?

As in a xml file?
Yeap, if possible.
Im still trying to make that visor transparent to work on a helmet cam! :roflmao:
Just now i noticed that it is not transparent even on Parc Ferme, i though it was :redface:
But probably theres a xml file with these settings right?
Like the render_materials.xml. Unless one of those files it for the helmet, but im almost sure it is only for car parts :(

Gotta say Roberto, I haven't seen anything regarding helmet xml's.

I think it's hard coded.

I know the driver helmets point at a helmet texture within the pssg files, and the career helmets don't....thats why we get the white visor effect in career mode on replays.

I'll have a look around on my travels through the wonderful world of Codemaster files, if I spot anything I'll let you know.

Gotta say Roberto, I haven't seen anything regarding helmet xml's.

I think it's hard coded.

I know the driver helmets point at a helmet texture within the pssg files, and the career helmets don't....thats why we get the white visor effect in career mode on replays.

I'll have a look around on my travels through the wonderful world of Codemaster files, if I spot anything I'll let you know.
Thanks man!
One thing i know for sure, if this is regarded to textures, then you are the one to find it :thumbsup:

I found this on the system folder (render_persistend_data.xml):
<pssg processor="InCarCharactersPlugin" filename="/data/characters/models/driver_model.pssg" userdata="Master Model" bindAfterLoad="1"/>
So i think the answer is inside this driver_model.pssg.
Its a plugin inside the pssg file? Probably after figuring out how 50% of this game works, i will consider myself a developer! :roflmao:
If you see anything please tell me. I really appreciate that. Thanks ML!

Hi guys, I'm using the new visor mod that's been released and I have put together my own image but it looks strange in the game. this is a jpg of how it looks in Photoshop:
visorrd.jpg

and this is how it looks in the game:
73222881.jpg

There seem to be green areas that shouldn't be there Does anyone know the cause?

in the database.bin tab AI DRIVER
how it works "BAD DAY CHANCE" ??? 1 is good or bad
how ir works "GOOD DAY CHANCE" ??? 1 is good or bad
how it works "MISTAKES"???? 1 is less mistakes or more mistakes ?

Sorry my english, I hope you understand =)

Hi guys, I'm using the new visor mod that's been released and I have put together my own image but it looks strange in the game. this is a jpg of how it looks in Photoshop:
visorrd.jpg

and this is how it looks in the game:
73222881.jpg

There seem to be green areas that shouldn't be there Does anyone know the cause?
Looking at the 2 images i really think its because of the gamma in game. The same image is much brighter in the game, thats why you are not seeing the green on Photoshop. You can lower the gamma on the game, but i think the best solution is to make the image darker on Photoshop. :thumbsup:

in the database.bin tab AI DRIVER
how it works "BAD DAY CHANCE" ??? 1 is good or bad
how ir works "GOOD DAY CHANCE" ??? 1 is good or bad
how it works "MISTAKES"???? 1 is less mistakes or more mistakes ?

Sorry my english, I hope you understand =)
Database changes are lower number = less, higher number = more. So Bad day chance at 1 means a driver have 100% chance of having a bad day, same for good day chance and mistakes. Mistakes at 0,1 = driver hardly will have mistakes, while at 1 = driver thinking about the pit box girl instead of the race ;)

Database changes are lower number = less, higher number = more. So Bad day chance at 1 means a driver have 100% chance of having a bad day, same for good day chance and mistakes. Mistakes at 0,1 = driver hardly will have mistakes, while at 1 = driver thinking about the pit box girl instead of the race ;)

Thanks for the clarification ;)

Thanks bud, I came to the same conclusion :) just about sorted now :thumbsup:
Had the same problem, mine was on the visor itself, then i decided to make it brighter on Photoshop to see if i could find the "visor problems" and them i found. Doesn't look exactly the same due to the gamma.
Anyway, having this is awesome, now just fix the rain drops and if possible change a little the sound while using the "helmet", will be even better! :thumbsup:

can anyone help me get a fin on the back my helmet in career i have tried changing it in the datebase on the drivers helmet im replacing but its not working :/ even started a new career but still nope :/ so help please

• Deleted member 137812

at least that was me told and u believe its true. same for mech failures.
just check te default mistake values. lower = poor

at least that was me told and u believe its true. same for mech failures.
just check te default mistake values. lower = poor
Yeah, i remember that. And based on what you told me, completely makes sense now.
So thats why Agressive/Cautious poor drivers have a lower mistake number than the good ones. Hm.... :thumbsup:
Looking at the DB now, yeap, even mech failures have lower values for poor drivers.
But other tabs like agression/control looks like it higher = more.
Really hard to understand what CM crazies do! :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea