Modding Questions Thread

Hello :)

Is there a possibility to drive online with edited database.bin? Or to bypass the anti-cheat? I do not want to manipulate any timetables I only play with friends against each other ...
Maybe know somebody a possibility. In F1 2011 it as possible to drive online after the Saison Update 2.5.. as always, it has also changed exactly...
Sorry for my bad english.... :)
Big THANKS in advance

Lucky

got two problems 1 is how to add text to helmet thumbnail in b_nonpersistent i can change image but when i do background is black so i cant see words im using Photoshop for this i no it can be done as dude did it in his helmet replacement mode and 2nd problem is how to switch all the images of the career driver on career mode to be picture of me or my helmet on it instead?

• Deleted member 137812

Hey guys there is an easy fix for the Melbourne second turn problem. (where everyone lose their wings)

Just open ai_vehicle_config and replace the 12.000000 below melbourne in this rule <vehicle_type name="melbourne">
<laDistMin float="12.000000" /> with 10.000000

Just let me know if there are more tracks with this problem ill find the right value then!

Maybe someone has F1 2011?? So maybe someone can uplode the tracks and the cars folder from F1 2011? Want to use them to put them into F1 2012 ( on database u cann see in trackmodel the tracks of nurburgring and istanbul......)

LOOK BACK camera? Does anyone know which is the view in cameras.xml that appears when you press the 'look back' button please? I want to alter the view slightly to try and make it seem more from the drivers perspective, thanks.
EDIT never mind, found it :) (headcam reverse)

got two problems 1 is how to add text to helmet thumbnail in b_nonpersistent i can change image but when i do background is black so i cant see words im using Photoshop for this i no it can be done as dude did it in his helmet replacement mode and 2nd problem is how to switch all the images of the career driver on career mode to be picture of me or my helmet on it instead?

• Deleted member 137812

Guys this might be a simple question but I cant get it.
Im changing values in ai_driver_config but I dont know what value to change to make AI doesnt crash into your back.

Thank you
Demy

Guys this might be a simple question but I cant get it.
Im changing values in ai_driver_config but I dont know what value to change to make AI doesnt crash into your back.

Thank you
Demy

If I remember it correct it's this line. <asRejectDistance float="7.0" />
And this one is for speed difference when overtaking <ovSpeedDifference float="0.1" /> make that one bigger and they won't overtake when there is little difference in speed and when breaking

QUICK RACE LAP VALUE

I know how to change the 100% values and found those in the track_model under the lap_num tab, BUT I do not want to change the default % values.

I would like to find the 3 and 5 lap values so I can modify those to lets say 12 and 15 so when I start a quick race I can select a 12 lap race or 15 lap race. Does anyone know where those are? Are they even in the database.bin file?

okay im trying to edit my menu icons but when ever i save it to upload its goes from have a trasparent background like this
helmets_7copy.jpg
to this
helmets_7.jpg
the background is transparent when its open in photoshop but when i save it that happens when i re open it or import it in to my game

(note) im editing this file from another user for personal use only so not taking any credit :)

okay im trying to edit my menu icons but when ever i save it to upload its goes from have a trasparent background like this to this the background is transparent when its open in photoshop but when i save it that happens when i re open it or import it in to my game

(note) im editing this file from another user for personal use only so not taking any credit :)

You need to do the alpha channel too.

Look in the channels tab.

Ok, I know how to change the 100% lap values by going into track_model then going to the lap_num tab, BUT I do not want to change those values because it will mess up the lap totals in my career.

Instead I would like to change the other quick race lap values to other than 3 or 5. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to change these particular values. I would like to start quick races with 10 or 15 laps.

Thanks so much.

anyone no a good mod to make the race more realistic with faults and crashes i have tried realistic damage and mistakes and failures and even tried using them together on there lower settings but i just always seem to end up wit either loads people losing wigs and pitting or ending the race with like only 8-14 cars left in it so any tips on how to sort this or any good mods to use would be great thank you

Hi, i want change the intro video of f1 2012 with one videos find on internet, how program use to conver the mp4 to bik, and what is the file to replace in video folder of f1 2012 thanks!
p.s. the video is 4 minutes is too long???

hi everyone, im a massive noob when it comes to modding and would just like to know how to change a drivers team, i heard it was something to do with language files but i still dont know how
Any help would be massively appreciated, cheers

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%