Modding Questions Thread

so i imported pmgl's vettel helmet from USA to the AI vettel in the rb2 folder, the helmet shows up while i am driving as vettel but not in the parc ferme animations.

does anybody know why that is and/or how i can change it so it does show up in parc ferme?

so i imported pmgl's vettel helmet from USA to the AI vettel in the rb2 folder, the helmet shows up while i am driving as vettel but not in the parc ferme animations.

does anybody know why that is and/or how i can change it so it does show up in parc ferme?

It needs to go into Vettels characters/models hightxt folder too.

PMGL normally carries a characters folder in the download, you would just need to copy this over too.

• Deleted member 137812

How can i change the fuel simulation? To switch it on or off, because in the game it isnt possible.
Database > Difficulties > Change fuel_simulation value to 0

At least thats what I think

Hi everybody!

I have a big problem when it's raining in the game. This morning I was first in Q1 and Q2 but in Q3 it have started to rain so I was finally 10th with a 2 seconds gap with the 9th driver. I have done my best, but for me it was impossible to improve the times.

So the question is: it's possible to change the wet weather ability/performance of the AI drivers? I have tried to change the wet weather ability in the databse in 'ai driver' tab but it seems that there is no variation in the AI times when it's raining. I have even reduced the values of 'track difficulties' tab but AI wet times are still similar.

Please, some help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

yes it is possible.
The wet weather ability in the database file only changes the simulated times (accelerated times or when you are sitting in the pits). To change their speed on track, you need to edit wet weather ability in ai_driver_parameter_mappings.xml.

Sorry if I've missed this but been looking for a while and can't find anything. I'm trying to add kers to HRT and Marussia but can't work out how. I tried copying and renaming the CTF files from another team (Sauber) but this didn't work. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

Sorry if I've missed this but been looking for a while and can't find anything. I'm trying to add kers to HRT and Marussia but can't work out how. I tried copying and renaming the CTF files from another team (Sauber) but this didn't work. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

In the database under teams, make a tick under KERS.

Its simple, when you know where to search ;)

yes it is possible.
The wet weather ability in the database file only changes the simulated times (accelerated times or when you are sitting in the pits). To change their speed on track, you need to edit wet weather ability in ai_driver_parameter_mappings.xml.

Thanks for answer. I'm there but I don't know what to do with these values:

<mapping ai_variable="wet_weather_ability" characteristic="wet_weather_ability" type="NEFloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />
</mapping>

What should I do to reduce the AI wet weather times?

Thanks again in advance.

Thanks for answer. I'm there but I don't know what to do with these values:

What should I do to reduce the AI wet weather times?

Thanks again in advance.

Sorry to keep you waiting, just got back in :)

Try:
<mapping ai_variable="wet_weather_ability" characteristic="wet_weather_ability" type="NEFloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />0.90</limit>
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />0.95</limit>
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />0.90</limit>
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />0.95</limit>
</mapping>
Don't ask me to explain as I did it by trial and error, but the .90 to .95 seems to be a range and the two pairs of lines relate to the difficulty setting I believe. So I just put the same range in both pairs of lines, in this case, 0.90 to 0.95, but if they are still too fast, try 0.85 to 0.90 in both.
I am currently using 0.93/0.98 and can see a definite improvement, but I'm still tweaking it race by race; it is now MUCH better than before for me, hope you enjoy the difference :)

Sorry to keep you waiting, just got back in :)

Try:
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />0.90</limit>
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />0.95</limit>
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />0.90</limit>
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />0.95</limit>
</mapping>
Don't ask me to explain as I did it by trial and error, but the .90 to .95 seems to be a range and the two pairs of lines relate to the ifficulty setting I believe. So I just put the same range in both pairs of lines, in this case, 0.90 to 0.95, but if they are still too fast, try 0.85 to 0.90 in both.
I am currently using 0.93/0.98 and can see a definite improvement, but I'm still tweaking it race by race; it is now MUCH better than before for me, hope you enjoy the difference :)

Ok! I'm trying to understand... so, could you post the lines you're using? Where I have to put 0.93/0.98? Sorry for my misunderstanding...;)

Hello, i went to the download section and i have downloded a serious number of skins for f1 2012, the problem is, inside the rar files there is no instruction, so i think those files should go inside the cars folder inside f1 2012 folder, now the problem is, theres a few folders and they all have only 3 letters, so which one belongs to who?

Any help please? thanks

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%