You can mod but you can't really.

It is ilegal because Kunos didnt bought the licenses to different versions of the cars of the game. So, if you take the same model and modify, it is a Kunos version but not licensed.

But, every mod has a hand on dirty unless is a totally fictional car.

It was deleted because he took content from the game and published it here for free. Yes its Exterior was changed, but the Interior was identical, apparently enough to warrant a moderator to delete it. Its against the EULA of Assetto Corsa and the EULA of RD, first and foremost. Legal perspective and licensing is something totally different

Based on what he's saying, I don't think him being aware (which he now obviously is) changes his mindset on ripping.
If it did, I'd have expected a, "Oh sorry, I wasn't aware this wasn't allowed, I'll remove it" rather than the, "well I payed for the game therefore I own it" nonsense :)

That sort of attitude IMO warrants a bit of fun :D
Of coarse I was unaware of the Modding restrictions, I would never have posted the file. I've had some people on facebook ask for it so I thought I would be nice. I could care less about the EULA my only intention is to use it for personal projects. I Design and Surface cars in the real world and thought this would be a great way to visualize and of coarse drive my digital designs. (see below) these are Nurb surfaces done to production data. Designing in Nurb surface isn't like Poly modeling so it takes much longer but the end results are much more realistic and can be manufactured. that is why I use the interior of existing game cars, it saves time.
Maybe now you can see why when some hack calls me a thief I get a pissed. It's really no sweat of my back, I'll just keep using for my own use. Seems a bit of a shame though not to share.

alias screen.jpg
NB Alias screen.jpg

@cski68 judging from your Linkedin profile looks like you have a lot of experience in car design, would be interesting to see what you come up with first, then talk about how to implement it in game.
Thank you, I usually don't come up with full cars so I don't know where it could go.

If anyone wants the math data to the Mustang to create there own interior and then release it. send me a message and I will give you a like where you can download the CAD. I don't have the time to make a custom interior.

Of coarse I was unaware of the Modding restrictions, I would never have posted the file. I've had some people on facebook ask for it so I thought I would be nice. I could care less about the EULA my only intention is to use it for personal projects. I Design and Surface cars in the real world and thought this would be a great way to visualize and of coarse drive my digital designs. (see below) these are Nurb surfaces done to production data. Designing in Nurb surface isn't like Poly modeling so it takes much longer but the end results are much more realistic and can be manufactured. that is why I use the interior of existing game cars, it saves time.
Maybe now you can see why when some hack calls me a thief I get a pissed. It's really no sweat of my back, I'll just keep using for my own use. Seems a bit of a shame though not to share.

View attachment 238514 View attachment 238515
Those models look stunning, but really the point is there should be no need to be hacking away at Kunos models. When it was pointed out, all we got was comparisons to something completely different :roflmao:

Load of people in this community would love to see those things in AC, I just don't understand why you'd take the shortcut and go ripping Kunos to do it - put the whole thing in from scratch, it'd be fantastic!

If you follow the game industry for some time you will notice that game developers are very human and not always demand things that are rational to us or from a purely financial perspective. For example, many small game developers get way too upset about pirates who wouldn't have paid for the game anyway. They spend energy on that, and they damage the experience of the paying users. Not rational, but it is what happens if their baby gets stolen.

Plus as people said, the licensing to make well-known cars seems to have a restriction that Kunos does in no way help people make cars that would require such a license. That means Kunos cannot provide starting points for modification of such cars. Not really rational on part of the car makers but there you go.

Those models look stunning, but really the point is there should be no need to be hacking away at Kunos models. When it was pointed out, all we got was comparisons to something completely different :roflmao:

Load of people in this community would love to see those things in AC, I just don't understand why you'd take the shortcut and go ripping Kunos to do it - put the whole thing in from scratch, it'd be fantastic!
the funny thing is I don't really like Mustang but I worked on the real Mustang interior for Ford and I did the Exterior for the GT350 showcar. I was disappointed with the Design so I decided to do a personal version that captured more of the heritage of Mustang. It was merely an exterior Design exercise.
I wonder if Kunos gets licensing from the Automotive companies to make there copies? Kind of like when the early kit cars of the Lamborghini came out and Lambo sued them for making copies to close to the original surface.

the funny thing is I don't really like Mustang but I worked on the real Mustang interior for Ford and I did the Exterior for the GT350 showcar. I was disappointed with the Design so I decided to do a personal version that captured more of the heritage of Mustang. It was merely an exterior Design exercise.
I wonder if Kunos gets licensing from the Automotive companies to make there copies? Kind of like when the early kit cars of the Lamborghini came out and Lambo sued them for making copies to close to the original surface.
Yeah Kunos get licences for every model (and track) they make :)

Zero bodywork, but the rest is true. why should I recreate all the parts since it is a custom Mustang. On top of that I own that model, I paid 40 euros for the game which came with all the cars. When I buy a Corvette and add a custom body kit, GM doesn't cry about steeling there design. Just because you can't design a car doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.
well you bought limited rights to use Kunos SW .. that is all, you don`t own any part of that game ... it is like buying music and than remixing it to dubstep version and offering it as your song ... you just can`t ...

I'm that annoying twat who corrects everyone for that particular phrase, not just you :roflmao: Bit OT anyway.

Hope someone picks up the offer on modelling the interior (and wing mirrors, they looked copies too), would be cool to see done properly.

I'm that annoying twat who corrects everyone for that particular phrase, not just you :roflmao: Bit OT anyway.

Hope someone picks up the offer on modelling the interior (and wing mirrors, they looked copies too), would be cool to see done properly.
The mirrors mine and are exactly the same but mine are the real Production Nurb surfaces that I converted to Poly and UV mapped because the surface quality was much better. I wonder how that would work?

well you bought limited rights to use Kunos SW .. that is all, you don`t own any part of that game ... it is like buying music and than remixing it to dubstep version and offering it as your song ... you just can`t ...
I'm more than happy to give Kunos all the credit for the underlying file structure and interior. I will even call it the ks Notchback I just wanted to get my car out there for people to enjoy.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.