You can mod but you can't really.

I'm more than happy to give Kunos all the credit for the underlying file structure and interior. I will even call it the ks Notchback I just wanted to get my car out there for people to enjoy.
ehm, you did with no word indicate that the model was based on the Kunos model, that's why I threw it into CM and then asked in your thread (where I could also see that all texture names are the same). There was some name but I think it was that of the designer of the notchback.

I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, but so far you simply disagree with the EULA rules and try to find reasons you should still be allowed to share it here - just go somewhere else, there are plenty of platforms, but RD has developed itself as the platform for well developed, scratch made car mods.

...and I just see your reply to Alfie and wonder why I waste my time typing this. You're really 49 years old? You sound more like 15.

ehm, you did with no word indicate that the model was based on the Kunos model, that's why I threw it into CM and then asked in your thread (where I could also see that all texture names are the same). There was some name but I think it was that of the designer of the notchback.

I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, but so far you simply disagree with the EULA rules and try to find reasons you should still be allowed to share it here - just go somewhere else, there are plenty of platforms, but RD has developed itself as the platform for well developed, scratch made car mods.

...and I just see your reply to Alfie and wonder why I waste my time typing this. You're really 49 years old? You sound more like 15.
So he makes fun of my grammar and I call him a troll and I'm the bad guy? Huh. I'm not looking for reasons to post it here anymore. I don't care. I didn't know the rules for posting, now I do. I will go on with my day as usual and continue making cars from Kunos cars for my personal use, I just won't post.

Erm... it was a joke :confused: Clearly you are not a person one can joke with :rolleyes:
Sorry, I felt under attack from the beginning so I took your remarks as an attack. It's very hard for me to get a read on remarks from people you don't know. I started this day kind of excited to see how people liked my Design and now I feel like ****. Didn't see it going this way.

Sorry, it probably wasn't the best thread to joke about grammar and spelling :( I do it all the time (it drives my wife mad :p). No offence meant, and please accept my apologies.

Keep up with the modding - not everything great needs to be released. If it gives you pleasure to make it, then that's a big WIN in my book :thumbsup:

EDIT - typo :redface: :roflmao:

Last edited:
So my popcorn is empty and it seems like it took an okayish turn now on topic. And you no longer provoke each other's.

@cski68 I really love the exterior you did so if you feel like trying again in the correct and accepted way:
Please create a WIP thread and ask for someone to slam in some interior. Maybe there's a person which likes to design cars too and can create something fitting and mustang style :)

Keep up with the modding - not everything great needs to be released. If it gives you please to make it, then that's a big WIN in my book :thumbsup:
Don't you mean "pleasure" and your sentence should end with a full stop. :p;):whistling:
Sorry but I'm a stickler for correct grammar and punctuation. :D

Last edited:
Sorry, I felt under attack from the beginning so I took your remarks as an attack. It's very hard for me to get a read on remarks from people you don't know. I started this day kind of excited to see how people liked my Design and now I feel like ****. Didn't see it going this way.
Unfortunately its the rules, some of the most talented modellers here encountered issues when they first joined this community. Legalities have proven to be a pain in the past so Kunos and Racedepartment is very strict on these matters. Some people arent too keen on following the rules so they post their content elsewhere. This is simply to maintain sustainability for kunos and racedepartment.

I get that you feel annoyed about the lack of recognition for your work but its just the way things here work, if you follow the rules people are more then willing and splash out to show their appreciation. It does however require that extra mile of work but by your track record its very clear you have the talent to realise this car to the end. You may have commit a foulball but you still have the chance to hit it out of the park.

The mirrors mine and are exactly the same but mine are the real Production Nurb surfaces that I converted to Poly and UV mapped because the surface quality was much better. I wonder how that would work?
How is this converted Nurb surfaces? No way in hell would it produce exactly the same mesh (tri orientation and all) as the Kunos ones...

n3IEEFn.jpg

Unfortunately its the rules, some of the most talented modellers here encountered issues when they first joined this community. Legalities have proven to be a pain in the past so Kunos and Racedepartment is very strict on these matters. Some people arent too keen on following the rules so they post their content elsewhere. This is simply to maintain sustainability for kunos and racedepartment.

I get that you feel annoyed about the lack of recognition for your work but its just the way things here work, if you follow the rules people are more then willing and splash out to show their appreciation. It does however require that extra mile of work but by your track record its very clear you have the talent to realise this car to the end. You may have commit a foulball but you still have the chance to hit it out of the park.
In one of my first mods I not knowingly ripped the sound from the XJ13 or so, I accidently put in the engine of a Porsche 911 turbo in a Caterham 620r and made a mess with my updates. Now, having learned from my mistakes I enjoy modding here and there and get along pretty nicely. So, my point is, you @cski68 obviously had a rough start but it won't stop you from posting genius mods (like mine:p) in the future here on RD

Last edited:
How is this converted Nurb surfaces? No way in hell would it produce exactly the same mesh (tri orientation and all) as the Kunos ones...
Are you really still going on about this? You have nothing better to do. If you see my image, I did model the mirror in Nurbs. I must have just used the Kunos Poly to save a little time.
As i said before, I understand the rules now and will no longer upload models, at least to this website. Now piss off back to your egg.
screen.jpg

Are you really still going on about this? You have nothing better to do. If you see my image, I did model the mirror in Nurbs. I must have just used the Kunos Poly to save a little time.
As i said before, I understand the rules now and will no longer upload models, at least to this website. Now piss off back to your egg.
Haha, I had no doubts you modelled them in nurbs, seems a shame to have not bothered to use them for the AC model, thats all :)

Glad to welcome such a polite guy to the community :roflmao:

Haha, I had no doubts you modelled them in nurbs, seems a shame to have not bothered to use them for the AC model, thats all :)

Glad to welcome such a polite guy to the community :roflmao:
If you wouldn't have been so insulting and accusatory about my upload and origianal post this could have turned out much better. Honestly I felt things ended good before your mirror post.

Its just a pretty comical situation in my mind; obviously talented and experienced modeller shows up with a half-stolen model, compares it to modifying a real car as if its a remotely similar situation, then ends up having posts edited/removed by mods presumably due to the childish/rude content.

Really makes me laugh. We get people do that all the time here, though typically they are 15 and know no better.
The mental image of a 50 year old modeller with most likely decades of experience doing so really tickles me :laugh:

Maybe it would be better both of you stoping here :)
@cski68 You've done an issue and should just say sorry and learn from it. And going on with this knowledge :thumbsup:

I will not apologize because there was no malice or intent to deceive in my upload. I admitted my lack of understanding of the rules and said it will not happen again. But it seems pod boy just can't let it go. Yes I am 49 and have been working in automotive Design as a Digital sculptor for 25 years. In that time I have never uploaded any models and not once worked in the gaming industry. Up until 1 year ago I never knew you could put your designs into a game. In that year I have developed 3 cars completely on my own. (with help from YouTube and of coarse Kunos for the base car) I joined RD after I purchased AC to get some modded cars to reverse engineer them so I could make my own. So you see my experience level when it comes to the Gaming world is probably less than a 15 year old. I'm not really interested in creating Mods for the Gaming community, I just love to Design and surfacing Concept car exteriors and posting videos with them in driving situations and driving them on my rig.(see pic) My real goal is to build one in reality, which I have come close on one occasion. That said, I would love to share my models with anyone who liked them but as you now understand they are not up to the rules.
Now that you understand my situation, I hope you can understand why I acted so aggressively towards the accusations of being a thief.
Yes Gary, I did have a post redacted for going off on David of which i was very sorry and said as much in the following post. You see I was so pissed at your comments when David made a joke, I couldn't see it and just reacted. Can we agree to disagree here and end this or do you want the last word.

20180303_101149.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years