You can mod but you can't really.

@cski68 judging from your Linkedin profile looks like you have a lot of experience in car design, would be interesting to see what you come up with first, then talk about how to implement it in game.
I just had a look at your artstation page, WOW great work your quad layout looks fantastic. I've dabbled with poly modeling but never to a finished state like yours. Do you design original work also? I have a New Concept corvette that I am going to build in real life and try to get to SEMA this or next year but with no Interior so I need someone to help realize it in AC. Interested? I am a member of the SEMA organization listed as a car builder. Because of that I have access to 100% of the corvettes math data which I have already purchased. I could supply all the engineering data so If you decide to help you would know where all the structure, supports and mounting points are located. I would like to use AC as an advertising avenue. You can see in the image below an older version I was working on some years ago.
C6_ASM_Master_ASM.jpg

And then they became great friends and combined their power to make the best mods ever.

Peace.;)

How do you use differently sized monitors in AC btw?
In the video ini file you can modify length and width to be any size you like, you just need to add up how many pixels your working with. It's not true triple screen but it allows me to use both of my titan x graphics cards in SLI mode, which you can't in triple screen mode, and see much more of the track. Need to see the apexes to nail those corners.

upload_2018-3-3_12-56-48.png

upload_2018-3-3_12-57-54.png

I know, not the fastest way to get it done but when it comes to production it's the only way, for now. I have lots of Nurbs models from over the years just collecting dust. Here are 2 more on my short list to convert.

View attachment 238929 View attachment 238930

This is just beyond amazing... making a object in this kind of modeling is insanly tricky due to the fact you have to reverse engineering the form of that same object in order to pull it afterwards

Making a car though ... must be super hard to understand what you are doing

I confess when i first started to read this thread i though a "kid" stole a model somewhere and was crying (as this happen tons of times before)..so as our friends though the same possibly

Soon as i saw those concepts (mustang and the vette) you sir are living my personal dream :D
So thank you for showing and posting you work here

Personaly i enjoy and admire it so much really

This is just beyond amazing... making a object in this kind of modeling is insanly tricky due to the fact you have to reverse engineering the form of that same object in order to pull it afterwards

Making a car though ... must be super hard to understand what you are doing

I confess when i first started to read this thread i though a "kid" stole a model somewhere and was crying (as this happen tons of times before)..so as our friends though the same possibly

Soon as i saw those concepts (mustang and the vette) you sir are living my personal dream :D
So thank you for showing and posting you work here

Personaly i enjoy and admire it so much really

Thank you very much, some times it's hard to believe that I get paid to do something I love so much.
I plan on pursuing AC modding for the future and would gladly post images of my work but I would really need help to get them into the communities hands. If someone likes a particular project and wants to see it through to completion I would have no problem handing them the data to finish and release.

screen5.jpg
screen4.jpg

Here is one I enjoyed that could make a quick project if you could use a base Huracan. Is a kit I did for a company called Vorsteiner the car was based on the Huracan and called Novara.

screen6.jpg
screen7.jpg
vorsteiner_novara_huracan_56.jpg

I just had a look at your artstation page, WOW great work your quad layout looks fantastic. I've dabbled with poly modeling but never to a finished state like yours. Do you design original work also? I have a New Concept corvette that I am going to build in real life and try to get to SEMA this or next year but with no Interior so I need someone to help realize it in AC. Interested? I am a member of the SEMA organization listed as a car builder. Because of that I have access to 100% of the corvettes math data which I have already purchased. I could supply all the engineering data so If you decide to help you would know where all the structure, supports and mounting points are located. I would like to use AC as an advertising avenue. You can see in the image below an older version I was working on some years ago.
View attachment 238902
Just as a note, depending on what you mean by using AC as an advertising avenue, you may need to talk with Kunos about getting the AC Pro license.

Just as a note, depending on what you mean by using AC as an advertising avenue, you may need to talk with Kunos about getting the AC Pro license.
I just meant making some screen capture videos of the car in action and giving away the car as promotional thing. Don't tell that's a no no as well.
what is AC pro?

I just meant making some screen capture videos of the car in action and giving away the car as promotional thing. Don't tell that's a no no as well.
what is AC pro?
The opening screen of AC states rather explicitly what you're allowed and not allowed to do with it. If you were, for example, to set up a display at SEMA that used AC, you'd need the AC Pro license to do so (you pay Kunos for using their product as a promotional tool in a public setting).

View attachment 238902

I almost missed this message! after seeing your designs I was thinking of getting in touch with you for doing just that, well, I didn't realize until now you were still here, thought this thread went to hell so I didn't bother in checking back.
The Veloce GTS-R is exactly that, a one off custom built car made exactly to what the real car specs would be. AC served as a solid platform to showcase it and bring it to life.
Also worked many years with Keith Kaucher who's always at SEMA, though we never got into AC as his designs are more "cruiser" style than racers.

Anyway, feel free to PM or email me at daniel@a3drstudio.com and we can talk about getting something together in AC.

Jesus a car in parametric modeling !

ew.gif

You deserve a medal sir!
Could you explain what is the "parametric modeling"?

From the name of it, it's like taking measurements in 3 dimensions and then putting them in a 3 axes 3D environment and then watching the thing building?

When i 1st read the front page of this thread i thought that we have another "rippy" guy but i am starting to realize that maybe @cski68 might be one of the biggest modder ( artist ) in the history of AC.

Could you explain what is the "parametric modeling"?

From the name of it, it's like taking measurements in 3 dimensions and then putting them in a 3 axes 3D environment and then watching the thing building?

When i 1st read the front page of this thread i thought that we have another "rippy" guy but i am starting to realize that maybe @cski68 might be one of the biggest modder ( artist ) in the history of AC.
Thanks for the kind words but I have to disagree with the biggest Modder comment. This last week I have had a chance to view a few threads and there are some fantastic modelers here that have put out some great cars. My only advantage is that I've had more years to put together my library and my scope for Digital sculpting has been very narrow. I mostly do exterior concept or early production surfaceing. Modders here do most everything on the car along with the physics and sound which I find amazing.

Calling it Parametric modeling this is not a very accurate word for what I do. It was more accurate back in the 90's.
It means that every Nurb surface, curve or solid object has history attached to it so If modify one it will effect everything in the history chain which on some models could be in the 100's easily. This is no longer the case, now we have 2 areas, the digital modelers who create the show surface or A surface in a program like Alias Surface from Autodesk and the design engineers who take the show surface and create the solid models using Parametric modeling.
What I do is called Nurb's Modeling, Math Modeling or Bezier Modeling. I could spend hours explaining what this is but if you search YouTube there are plenty of videos that do this all ready.

Last edited:
I know this is quite late but, if you want to make custom cars based on other cars you can use a patching tool like xdelta and make a script that copies the original car to your folder and patches it with your changes.

This is perfectly legal, as you don't distribute any of the original content.

Last edited:
I know this is quite late but, if you want to make custom cars based on other cars you can use a patching tool like xdelta and make a script that copies the original car to your folder and patches it with your changes.

This is perfectly legal, as you don't distribute any of the original content.
Yet the goal is and should always be to create everything from scratch

I understand that a true model is 100% clean of any Base used, if any. But what would be the harm if you used this software that swapped out the Body with one like my Mustang. It would be like making a new skin but with poly instead of an image. I'm just trying to understand the mindset of the Gaming industry and Modders.

Game modding in general is known for ripping and stealing of assets. When AC was announced it was to be a modding platform Kunos put the squash on any mod that had stolen work in it on their forums. The mentality stuck and many feel that way about AC still.

Yet the goal is and should always be to create everything from scratch
Who sets this goal? because the point of modding is modifying, in fact using patches is exactly the same thing romhacks do (romhacks require you to provide the original rom and they patch the ROM with the changes done by the modder).

I don't see what's so particularly bad about making a mod that modifies base content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back