PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
I would up getting the one with a dead power supply and swapped in my original .one.only cost me 75 if I remember correctly

Wow. That's cool. I always thought your combination of tech ingenuity and my legal pressure (not that I can pressure Thrustmaster, but I can Amazon or another American based company that can be served) would be unbeatable. I basically got two free wheels because of that and you got two repaired and working wheels because of the other. Really, if you pay more for your wheel than your xbox, there is zero excuse for a breakdown. Peter, fortunately, has very favorable laws, and the retailers know it. It's even stronger in the U.K. now that Brexit is here. Ummm...sorta.

Reserved.

IndyCar series planned for Saturday or Sunday @ 4pm ESTUS, which will follow the actual IndyCar schedule. Prizes and sponsorships may follow. This will be all variety of track, with assists off.

If interested, discuss below.

Last edited:
When are you looking at this starting Rob? I'm interested but i've only just picked up the game and was planning on waiting on patch 3 to come to fix some of the online problems in particular before getting into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
When are you looking at this starting Rob? I'm interested but i've only just picked up the game and was planning on waiting on patch 3 to come to fix some of the online problems in particular before getting into it.
No worries there Peter. I planned to mimic the 2018 IndyCar Series, so we would race when they do, and try to get the game's track as close as possible. Some are exact, of course. If interest here can sort of "develop" as the game improves, that would be ideal. Hopefully it will. After the last patch, handling is improved, but not up to Assetto standards. Multiplayer is the real worry, though, since stability has not been that great.

The other league seems to be on hold, so I'll wait what goes on there, but it would also be good to play. A.I. also seems to be improved, so adding them, at least on non-ovals, may not be a problem, and could help if we have low numbers to start. Also, a "warm-up" oval series would not be that bad either. Something GT ish and easy, just to get the idea of racing that fast inches apart.

No worries there Peter. I planned to mimic the 2018 IndyCar Series, so we would race when they do, and try to get the game's track as close as possible. Some are exact, of course. If interest here can sort of "develop" as the game improves, that would be ideal. Hopefully it will. After the last patch, handling is improved, but not up to Assetto standards. Multiplayer is the real worry, though, since stability has not been that great.

The other league seems to be on hold, so I'll wait what goes on there, but it would also be good to play. A.I. also seems to be improved, so adding them, at least on non-ovals, may not be a problem, and could help if we have low numbers to start. Also, a "warm-up" oval series would not be that bad either. Something GT ish and easy, just to get the idea of racing that fast inches apart.
Yeah, until there is some level of consistency and stability to the online play I don't think the other place is going to get much traction anyway. I think the gap between the two series was always likely to be a problem in so far as retaining drivers but hopefully if SMS get the game up to scratch people will come back to it and if not it will be good to have something here ready to take up the slack.

How are the AI in general outside of the ovals. How are they in comparison to the ones in pCars 1?

Yeah, until there is some level of consistency and stability to the online play I don't think the other place is going to get much traction anyway. I think the gap between the two series was always likely to be a problem in so far as retaining drivers but hopefully if SMS get the game up to scratch people will come back to it and if not it will be good to have something here ready to take up the slack.

How are the AI in general outside of the ovals. How are they in comparison to the ones in pCars 1?
Ovals are still bugged, AI wise. And multiplayer is a disaster. The handling model is only slightly better that F1, but not much better that PC1.
I'd love to know if anyone with a TX had upgraded from v. 47 to v.51 driver? My though was, if I didn't need to with Assetto, why risk running it for a broken game?
That said, frame rate is better. Weather is unparalleled, and AI are decent on non ovals. I hate to say it, but I just don't think there are enough people on the console who want a SIM. If there were, we would not always get an interior version of any given game, save Dirt4, and the Forza franchise would be bankrupt by now.

Ovals are still bugged, AI wise. And multiplayer is a disaster. The handling model is only slightly better that F1, but not much better that PC1.
I'd love to know if anyone with a TX had upgraded from v. 47 to v.51 driver? My though was, if I didn't need to with Assetto, why risk running it for a broken game?
That said, frame rate is better. Weather is unparalleled, and AI are decent on non ovals. I hate to say it, but I just don't think there are enough people on the console who want a SIM. If there were, we would not always get an interior version of any given game, save Dirt4, and the Forza franchise would be bankrupt by now.
Assetto was always going to be behind on the console but it's getting closer following the last patch but as far as I'm aware the PC version of pCars 2 is no different between the formats handling wise. Graphically it's better of course because it isn't bound by the same limitations.

Assetto was always going to be behind on the console but it's getting closer following the last patch but as far as I'm aware the PC version of pCars 2 is no different between the formats handling wise. Graphically it's better of course because it isn't bound by the same limitations.
I'd have to disagree based on the effusive comments from the PC crowd here, when compared to the trashing that PC1 always got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back