PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
I'm talking about handling between console and PC versions of pCars 2. I'm not aware of any difference between them and the same problems exist on all formats whether console or PC.
That's what I am talking about too. Did my comment come across otherwise? How so?
We don't own the PC version, so neither of us can make direct comparisons, like Eric.
But if you aggregate the comments from the PC crowd regarding both games, there is a massive difference in their opinion, regarding the physics, upon release. Almost everyone said the new one was a proper Sim, handling wise, which caused a huge disconnect with the console crowd. I noticed and felt this, upon release of #2 directly. The praise from most sectors of the PC audience cause serious console racers, who owned the game, to realize sms skimped on the ffb and tire model for the console. That goes to my larger point.

That's what I am talking about too. Did my comment come across otherwise? How so?
We don't own the PC version, so neither of us can make direct comparisons, like Eric.
But if you aggregate the comments from the PC crowd regarding both games, there is a massive difference in their opinion, regarding the physics, upon release. Almost everyone said the new one was a proper Sim, handling wise, which caused a huge disconnect with the console crowd. I noticed and felt this, upon release of #2 directly. The praise from most sectors of the PC audience cause serious console racers, who owned the game, to realize sms skimped on the ffb and tire model for the console. That goes to my larger point.
Yeah it seemed your first point was comparing pCars 1 and 2 which is what I was confused about.

Things must have moved on as previously when I read the reviews on the forums about the new game it was getting slated.

I actually thought you weren't impressed with the handling until patch 2. I'll fibs out for myself soon enough.

There are however plenty of dedicated console racers who are not arcade merchants but I get your point that on PC they are much more prevalent which is understandable with the bigger outlay and commitment required.

Yeah it seemed your first point was comparing pCars 1 and 2 which is what I was confused about.

Things must have moved on as previously when I read the reviews on the forums about the new game it was getting slated.

I actually thought you weren't impressed with the handling until patch 2. I'll fibs out for myself soon enough.

There are however plenty of dedicated console racers who are not arcade merchants but I get your point that on PC they are much more prevalent which is understandable with the bigger outlay and commitment required.

It's easy to get confused if you don't read the forums here vs. somewhere else (that is console only). The problem with the corporate sites is that often people who are shills or fanboys (from the PC side) invade the console forums and "police" negative ans positive comments. So, if "they" deem a game "bad" on PC, you are an idoit for liking in on the console (this happened with PC1) and, conversely, if you don't like a game that "they" like, you are also an idiot (this happened with Assetto). Here, the game PC2 was met with mixed reactions, but the handling was not. It was 80% positive. Then, I go to the PCARS2 forums, that PC users were specifically told to stay away from (either by label or by the forum's non-corporate bent) people were like "WTF"? That's when I knew there was a massive disconnect between the console and the PC, only this time SMS slighted the console because they knew that the console fanboys (like myself) were in the bag. So, now, instead of defending them, I'm taking a "fool me once" approach. Unless I feel it for myself, PC2 is never going to equal Assetto. In fact, nothing on the console is complete. Because the hardware is not marketed to serious racers.

I'm not impressed with the handling period, but it's much better now. It's still simply above average, for the console, but nowhere near Assetto. It's like F1 with 1000 bugs. But F1, for all the improvements, is no benchmark, since they could have easily nailed an F1 car by now. They simply don't want to. If you want to feel what an F1 car (I'd imagine) is like to drive, go buy the Ferrari pack. If someone said to me -- how about we just play Assetto all the time -- and there were leagues (of console users who actually care) then I'd probably just play Assetto until I could buy a PC. It's absurd (me that is) that I spend all this time doing a hobby that I play with people (not you) who don't want what I do, and every game that comes out is sub-par (except PC1, which was actually a bad PC experience because of so many other great titles) compared to PC. We have the wheel. We have the monitor, and we don't have any excuses. It's all plug and play now, practically, and we are smarted than 90% of the PC users out there. There is no excuse. Only group-think and money issues. The latter, I can appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%