PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
Read lobby issue has to do with them having some deal with ms not using xbl servers hence the cheaper price.if thats the case take my 15 dollars and nake custom lobbies.lol

Yea, I read that post and it's plausible for sure. You have to think that the use of servers is intentional. So that begs the question of whether they intend to use them or not for private lobbies. (They had to know that P2P was available and did not choose it for a reason...I had just assumed it was performance, but you can bet almost every business is only motivated by money, sadly, to the exclusion of quality and citizenship, usually). What worries me is their silence. That tells me they have no intent on making the lobbies customizable. We shall see. I was thinking about getting it this weekend, but I think I'd like to see NASCAR first. Assetto will be relegated to the junk heap if they don't sort this lobby issue out.

That must be one hell of a physics engine, because they can't get anything else right...
Numbers Rob... the framerate is fine, I haven't had any problems at all. There's so much junk about all this and ice never bought into it. It's one of those things that PS4 owners tend to throw out because there machine tends to get higher numbers but it's not something I buy into at all. The other thing to note is that they tend to show these things mainly from behind car view... how many times will you be using that ;)

Last edited:
Numbers Rob... the framerate is fine, I haven't had any problems at all. There's so much junk about all this and ice never bought into it. It's one of those things that PS4 owners tend to throw out because there machine tends to get higher numbers but it's not something I buy into at all. The other thing to note is that they tend to show these things mainly from behind car view... how many times will you be using that ;)

Well, I bit the bullet and got Assetto today. First off, I was banking heavily on your hands on. Also, I figured that, however imperfect, guys like Kunos deserve support. I knew there would be one redeeming quality and that was the driving. Besides, I could always trade it back in for breach of warranty (yes, they did say, right on the cover "fully customizable multiplayer" lol. Doh.

In any case, I wont have to come over and shake you down for some coin Hooper. lol. You were right in general. I still think the frame rate and resultant tearing (especially in replay) is hideous. And the rendering is just 3rd grade. I know they are not Codemasters, but they have to know they can't get away with that crap for long. What saves it all, like you said, is the driving itself. It truly is like DiRT on pavement. That's all I was looking for, since I was resigned to the fact that MP will probably never happen unless many other things happen first. That will always make it a second rate game IMO, but nobody can hold a candle to the physics. The tearing is not so bad in cockpit, but often noticeable in open wheel. Yet that flawless feeling of being at one with the car is enough to distract. The lack of custom control for the steering wheel is 3rd grade, and annoying, but they did get the position fairly right if you go with 50 degrees FOV in cockpit. Mirrors are well placed, but w/o a look-back button, you have to rely on some HUD, especially since you have no way to toggle the car's actual dash. pCARS truly is much further along....except in that one area where it's enough to compete, pending clean up....driving.

You must be immune to them. Either that or you need to go to the eye doctor. lol.
Seriously I have not seen any at all :geek: and of course I never drive anything other than cockpit so if it's visible in the outer car 'arcade' views then I don't give a monkeys lol. I have driven the open wheel Lotus 49 mainly and not seen anything approaching a tear. Where do you see it mainly and is it anything like we had in F1 2015?

Seriously I have not seen any at all :geek: and of course I never drive anything other than cockpit so if it's visible in the outer car 'arcade' views then I don't give a monkeys lol. I have driven the open wheel Lotus 49 mainly and not seen anything approaching a tear. Where do you see it mainly and is it anything like we had in F1 2015?

Oh it's there. You are in denial But I think I know why. Because I nearly had five orgasms while driving the car with a wheel. I cold have been looking at a blank screen, or space invaders and I would have been just as happy, Never did I think on this console we could get a game that mimics a mechanical being, i.e. a car. And like DiRT, every one is very different.

Me and rob just did a quick online race in the 49 ..lol new track to me first drive in car.see twitch feed on how not to drive this car.lol good fun thou. Pit stops are manual too.

Oh my. Zandvort. In my Top 10 in all of Europe. That track is no neglected, but it is one of the world's best. And you just had to put Jim Clarke's Lotus on it? lol. wow. That game is stunning. Actually, it's all crap, but the handling is the best in the world, PC or otherwise. I could have 220i graphics and be just fine. lol.

Oh it's there. You are in denial But I think I know why. Because I nearly had five orgasms while driving the car with a wheel. I cold have been looking at a blank screen, or space invaders and I would have been just as happy, Never did I think on this console we could get a game that mimics a mechanical being, i.e. a car. And like DiRT, every one is very different.
Nope. Definitely nothing at all. Even questioned a few others about it and they have not seen anything either. I saw a few framerate stutters the first time I played it in Time Attack mode but it's been solid ever since even with the max AI on grid.

The handling is just the nuts.. have you tried the 49 at '66 Monza yet?

Well, I bit the bullet and got Assetto today. First off, I was banking heavily on your hands on. Also, I figured that, however imperfect, guys like Kunos deserve support. I knew there would be one redeeming quality and that was the driving. Besides, I could always trade it back in for breach of warranty (yes, they did say, right on the cover "fully customizable multiplayer" lol. Doh.

In any case, I wont have to come over and shake you down for some coin Hooper. lol. You were right in general. I still think the frame rate and resultant tearing (especially in replay) is hideous. And the rendering is just 3rd grade. I know they are not Codemasters, but they have to know they can't get away with that crap for long. What saves it all, like you said, is the driving itself. It truly is like DiRT on pavement. That's all I was looking for, since I was resigned to the fact that MP will probably never happen unless many other things happen first. That will always make it a second rate game IMO, but nobody can hold a candle to the physics. The tearing is not so bad in cockpit, but often noticeable in open wheel. Yet that flawless feeling of being at one with the car is enough to distract. The lack of custom control for the steering wheel is 3rd grade, and annoying, but they did get the position fairly right if you go with 50 degrees FOV in cockpit. Mirrors are well placed, but w/o a look-back button, you have to rely on some HUD, especially since you have no way to toggle the car's actual dash. pCARS truly is much further along....except in that one area where it's enough to compete, pending clean up....driving.
The lack of ability to toggle the HUD from within the car is a bit of an annoyance and IU agree that they should have the look back option. It is available on PC I believe so I think it will probably come. However, I have decided to try to go with the ‘actual’ mirrors and get rid of the virtual mirror as I find that a bit of a distraction and takes away from the immersion a little.

Although I was initially disappointed to find so little in the way of adjustment possible for the steering I actually find it quite refreshing as well and in all honesty I am very happy with that side of the game. I made a some adjustments to the few FFB settings (reduced them all especially the first one which was defaulted to 100%) and everything else seemed to be just about perfect. No messing about with linearity or saturation or deadzones, etc… more time on track 

No doubt pCars is the more complete game by a long way but there is still so much within AC right now that those missing parts kind of fade away once you start driving.

The framerate and tearing stuff as you know is something that I am just not finding. I have no idea what the framerate is when I am driving but I notice no major difference between it and anything else I currently race. It does confuse me why some report these issues while others are not experiencing the same. Earlier build Xbox’s perhaps, inferior HDD’s.. unlikely but I can’t think what else could be the cause. How about TV’s.. not sure whether that can come into the mix in relation to this sort of thing.

Anyway, I’m glad you have picked it up and are enjoying it for what it is. There is a lot of things to be improved upon but with the support and patience of the community I am sure they will get there and we can all only be winners as a result of getting this to console at last :thumbsup:

However, I have decided to try to go with the ‘actual’ mirrors and get rid of the virtual mirror as I find that a bit of a distraction and takes away from the immersion a little.

This is not possible on all cars. To their credit, F1 2016/pCARS gets the mirror placement right in most cars, which is far wider that your average gamer would thing. No F1 mirror, for instance, should obstruct the top area over the front tires. And in many cases (like the Sauber C9) there is no mirror. So until they work out that nasty development issue which groups the HUD into wanted/non-wanted or allow the user to move the seat up/down, back/forth. I'll just suck it up and run the mirror. Cockpit helps ease the frequent frame tears.

The handling is just the nuts.. have you tried the 49 at '66 Monza yet?

The Lotus 49 with Eric at Zandvort was great. Dtill significant tearing, but since we were lobby connected, the actual car was smooth as silk. Shame that al we get. I missed Zandvoort so much! :inlove:

I made a some adjustments to the few FFB settings (reduced them all especially the first one which was defaulted to 100%) and everything else seemed to be just about perfect. No messing about with linearity or saturation or deadzones, etc

How about we trade settings.
What do you all use for DoR? I tried 900 and it worked, but 360 worked better. Have you tried? And if so, notice any difference? I thought we were going to be able to adjust the steering ratio etc.) in each car's garage? Another missing PC port?

Overall Strength - 35%
Kerb Effects - 50%
Road Effects - 10-15%
Slip FFB - 15%
Understeer Effect: On (I like it on because a car's grip does fall off, and the "Slip ffb" fills in the tire scrub/chirping.)
Shift + effect: Off

The framerate and tearing stuff as you know is something that I am just not finding. I have no idea what the framerate is when I am driving but I notice no major difference between it and anything else I currently race. It does confuse me why some report these issues while others are not experiencing the same. Earlier build Xbox’s perhaps, inferior HDD’s.. unlikely but I can’t think what else could be the cause. How about TV’s.. not sure whether that can come into the mix in relation to this sort of thing.

I'd like to know if the lobbies are region coded. They are so empty that a small group of us could have some races, like in the GT2 class. There are about 5-6 races set up for them. I never see the lobbies populated in fact. And can you kick anyone. The lobby I did with Eric was butter-smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 27 52.9%