PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
Actually if you remember I didn't but pCars on release as I didn't have an XBO or wheel at the time but as soon as I did I still purchased it despite the problems you guys were having with the online side of the game. This game was bought with the full knowledge that there were no private lobbies, that was common knowledge prior to release but I decided that it was worth the punt just to see what the fuss was about with regards to the driving in the game. A decision I'm certainly not regretting now having played it.

Unfortunately we are beta testers for most games in this age and most games are released requiring patches and fixes. Is it right... not really but we pay our money knowing that and have free choice to do so.
Actually if you remember I didn't but pCars on release as I didn't have an XBO or wheel at the time but as soon as I did I still purchased it despite the problems you guys were having with the online side of the game. This game was bought with the full knowledge that there were no private lobbies, that was common knowledge prior to release but I decided that it was worth the punt just to see what the fuss was about with regards to the driving in the game. A decision I'm certainly not regretting now having played it.

Unfortunately we are beta testers for most games in this age and most games are released requiring patches and fixes. Is it right... not really but we pay our money knowing that and have free choice to do so.

I was not a beta tester for dirt and that was a port. We are not beta testers for F1, although you could argue last year was one big beta. Forza is never even flawed but for design. I think game makers are lazy and beholden to Microsoft and Sony and I'll never excuse that.

Project cars at least had the framework for multiplayer. Assetto has no such thing.

I was not a beta tester for dirt and that was a port. We are not beta testers for F1, although you could argue last year was one big beta. Forza is never even flawed but for design. I think game makers are lazy and beholden to Microsoft and Sony and I'll never excuse that.

Project cars at least had the framework for multiplayer. Assetto has no such thing.
Its always been a project Robert. Even PC have no custom lobbies and they've been going for a couple of years now. I am very happy to have the chance to enjoy the sim in its current state and enjoy it as it evolves over time. Kuno's are a small team trying to put out something very special. It won't be everyones cup of tea and that's why the choice to buy or not is there for all. I just hope enough pick it up and stick with it to make it worthwhile for the devs to see the project through on console as well as PC.

Its always been a project Robert. Even PC have no custom lobbies and they've been going for a couple of years now. I am very happy to have the chance to enjoy the sim in its current state and enjoy it as it evolves over time. Kuno's are a small team trying to put out something very special. It won't be everyones cup of tea and that's why the choice to buy or not is there for all. I just hope enough pick it up and stick with it to make it worthwhile for the devs to see the project through on console as well as PC.

I certainly don't wish anyone not to enjoy it, I'm just giving my perspective. Since I can't think of a game that didn't have multiplayer on the console, I have to single Kunos out. They, in fact, promised a "fully customizable multiplayer" before release, and I counted on that. The difference in pCARS and Kunos is that SMS at least incorporated MP, but Kunos didn't even try. I do hope they can get things straightened out. I guess some of us value multiplayer more than others, and judging by the massive returns, many feel that way. But again, I'm sure it's a pleasure to drive. It's just not a priority right now for me. Curious yes.

Insanity!!!!!!!!!
man I was freaking out watching that finish last night, these guys have massive balls. I'd have to agree that indycar drivers are probably the top of the pile right now with high racing quality like this on ovals AND race tracks, completely nuts. I've always been a bit against open wheelers on ovals due to obvious safety problems but when the racing is like that you can easily see why they should continue. Really great entertainment...
can't wait for the glen next week

Toast, thanks for the comment on You Tube. I clearly had the pace, probably a solid #2 in qualy if I had pushed it. Actually the race car felt better, as the track rubbers in more. Too many mistakes, as usual, with you and Nova being the beneficiaries. Nova was fast too, and you always are My teammate, elpeltz, drove a great race. Very good lines, and he is much improved. I think you may have run away with it again, but for that dropped game. That's so frustrating.

I certainly don't wish anyone not to enjoy it, I'm just giving my perspective. Since I can't think of a game that didn't have multiplayer on the console, I have to single Kunos out. They, in fact, promised a "fully customizable multiplayer" before release, and I counted on that. The difference in pCARS and Kunos is that SMS at least incorporated MP, but Kunos didn't even try. I do hope they can get things straightened out. I guess some of us value multiplayer more than others, and judging by the massive returns, many feel that way. But again, I'm sure it's a pleasure to drive. It's just not a priority right now for me. Curious yes.
I can't disagree with you on the fact that Kuno's were misguided in advertising it as 'fully customisable single player and multiplayer' as that was always going to lead to some strong disent. It's very strange to do that really considering that on PC that's still not the case. But to their credit at least they came clean and admitted that was not the case before it was on the shelves.

As I half expected MP to be a problem (although not in this way.) it's not a biggie for me and the single player side is so good that I can live with it as is until they do something about it. I am going to try the MP side of it as well though as some of those predefined races look pretty cool anyway. The concern is if the response from the console community is really bad then it will not pay Kuno's to continue it's development which would be a huge loss as far as i'm concerned. Currently there are still a lot of like-minded guys loving the game for what it is and I just hope that's enough to keep the incentive there for the devs. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events