Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Here is a question and answer that I have been waiting for since I have been gaming. No offense, but when I see controllers keeping up or surpassing wheels (in the same hands) in any racing game, I automatically discount the game as not being a SIM (e.g. there has never been a SIM on the console). I understand the marketing and logic behind wanting to make pad users happy, but I have been longing for at least ONE game to be a real SIM.

Here is a question and answer from Yorkie (a PC user, who has played on the console, and has played many many multiplayer games in pCARS). This is the answer to my prayers, at least if he is right.

Q:
Nick Roberts
16 hours ago
Hi Yorkie great racing you are very fair to the other drivers my question is I know driving with a wheel is more realistic as I have had a few but I am more comfortable with a controller do you think people using the console editions will compete with the PCs version when on track together ie Xbox One.

A:
Yorkie065
12 hours ago
+Nick Roberts I'm going to assume you mean playing with a controller on PC rather than consoles and PC's playing together, as you can't do the latter. It will be very very tough. The amount of fidelity and accuracy you can get in this sim with a wheel over the controller is big, you can probably keep up for a bit if you're good, but you're potentially going to run into issues with tyre temperatures and tyre wear. This game is designed for the wheel with the functionality there for controllers. Your speed and driving experience will be limited compared to a wheel.

So, you may be thinking "well, they will change this for the consoles and make it easier to control the cars with the pad." However, having played both versions, Yorkie thinks otherwise:

Q:
Dougla Don
8 hours ago
Yorkie. Quick question mate. Will the PS4 version have the same features and quality as it's PC counterpart? Have not seen any recent footage of an example. Only PC.

A:
Yorkie065
7 hours ago
consoles and pc versions are identical. Only difference is grid sizes in mp (maybe sp too but still very big grid sizes) and wheel support. obviously slightly lower graphics but that's expected, and both consoles are apparently running 1080p @ 60fps.

So, the xbox is 900p and the PS4 is 1080p. Now, I don't want to get in a console war, because I think both will be a great deal for the money compared to a PC. Those of you who own or are thinking of getting an Xbox One need to be aware that resolution is not everything. Sometimes, believe it or not, lower is better. Of course, if the PS4 didn't have some serious anisotropic filtering issues (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992156) this may all be academic, but don't automatically assume that pCARS will not look as good on the Xbox, because several 900p games (vs. 1080p games on PS4) have looked better on the xbox one due to the AP issue. Here is a definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

i read that different to you then, frame rate to me is the most important thing and ps4 seemed to win even if there are both abit scary with the drops

I think you are generally right about frame rate, although the PS4 dips as well (both only dip to 360 levels anyway). More to the point, it's not an issue in multiplayer...and that's all I'm playing. A 45 car race at LeMans against the A.I. might be a nice diversion, but its just that, a diversion. At least for me.

I think you are generally right about frame rate, although the PS4 dips as well (both only dip to 360 levels anyway). More to the point, it's not an issue in multiplayer...and that's all I'm playing. A 45 car race at LeMans against the A.I. might be a nice diversion, but its just that, a diversion. At least for me.
im proper torn between x1 and ps4, im thinking of waiting for reviews because i have a feeling the x1 might be the lesser product (i know you feel otherwise but just my view) but i know i am part of bigger communities on the x1

Well you have both....so you will know for sure. I can see both sides too. Yea, the xbox has 900p, but the PC guys say that's the least important factor. Yet, I'd still want it if I could get it. Then, there is the AF issue on the PS4, which makes distance detail blurry. That's why the digital foundry tests saw the PS4 cars blurry in motion. But I think they may get better with patches on both. Of course, the xbox does not have the detail on the grass, crowds, etc. And they both need to stabilize the frame rate to 60fps, even though this appears to only be a problem in 25-45 cars in singleplayer.

Well you have both....so you will know for sure. I can see both sides too. Yea, the xbox has 900p, but the PC guys say that's the least important factor. Yet, I'd still want it if I could get it. Then, there is the AF issue on the PS4, which makes distance detail blurry. That's why the digital foundry tests saw the PS4 cars blurry in motion. But I think they may get better with patches on both. Of course, the xbox does not have the detail on the grass, crowds, etc. And they both need to stabilize the frame rate to 60fps, even though this appears to only be a problem in 25-45 cars in singleplayer.
I would imagine our sole concern will be how the servers hold up. i prey they do a better job then codemasters. i dont wanna see flying cars, different people with different weather on there screens ect. with such a focus on sim and league racing i really hope they nail online

Interesting. Xbox One wins graphics test in many categories important to racing....
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

I'm assuming right when I think you are a xbox one player? :) next to the so called "masterrace" pc (no I'm not playing racing games on the pc), it is quite clear that ps4 is better than x1 at this moment and the near future as it promises more of the same in terms of performance for that near future...

I'm assuming right when I think you are a xbox one player? :) next to the so called "masterrace" pc (no I'm not playing racing games on the pc), it is quite clear that ps4 is better than x1 at this moment and the near future as it promises more of the same in terms of performance for that near future...

I'm not going to get baited into a console war. Those can be left to the kids. The DF test was done on a February release of the xbox copy and had to issue an apology. Even so, the cars don't blur in that old build, which had been massively clanged and improved according to SMS. So, let's wait. I'm sure they will both be better than anything before on either platform. This thread is for xbox users. I think the PS4 crowd is on another thread.

Just pre-ordered Project Cars (Digital) on the Xbox One.

I maybe interested in a Xbox One league, but it depends on what day and time.
But I would be interested in race nights

Reactions: Rob
Glad to hear the interest is growing. Now, to decide what sort of league. There are so many possibilities, but Clio Cup, and British GT3 some to mind. We could even follow the British GP track for track, except for one, but substitute Zolder. Races could be on the same day even, with the exact same weather. Since the schedule is sparse, maybe a "Multiplayer Career" in between...which is a first. From what I understand, it's just like the offline career, but you rise up through the ranks with a group of friends in multiplayer. Sounds interesting. There sure will be much to explore in the coming months. Everyone is very excited.

Reactions: Gaz
Trying to keep a touring car feel, as the open wheelers/track day cars are going to be very difficult to come to grips with for pad users. I have a feeling pad users are in for a rude awakening with this one. I don't want to make it so frustrating that they give up, since assists are not an option unless the series itself allows it. I'll give you a for instance...take a look at this video:

But who knows, maybe the multiplayer career mode would be a great option to run in between British GT races and that would fairly cover the lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back