X-Motor Racing

hi Eugene,

Here's my feedback to v1.2:

1) There is no new track in 1.2. Dunno about the demo, but the full version doesn't seem to have it; :(
2) There are some radical changes in physics that you made and honestly I don't fee they are ok:
a) overall now it seems arcade compared to the previous versions;
b) much more grip on all cars;
c) even the FWD seem to have more oversteer than the Doxter. Although the doxter had an overly happy tail, now it feels like it's in the other extreme, feels like a FWD.
d) before you could smehow really feel the weight transfer and was making driving interesting. Now this seem 80% gone somehow. And it's not because of that otherwise nice friction effect in the ffb, but just in the way the cars are reacting.

Dunno, maybe I didn't get it, althogh I am using the same settings with all aids off as usual.

Thanks.

Hi Andy,
The track must be downloading and installing from this page:
http://www.xmotorracing.com/download.html
The direct link:
http://www.exotypos.com/download/xmotorracing/additional_tracks/xmr_monza_racing_track.exe
Make sure that track is installed at the game directory.
This way allows easy adding additional tracks without game release.

Regarding physics. Tire model has been changed to more correct. This is not arcade style. People who drive real Boxster etc complain of much harder simulation than real life. Suspension was made as rigid suspension so you have this feeling of weight transfer.
Anyway I will prepare some setups soon with soft suspension and maybe updated tire model.

Hi,

Congrats for the new track, it looks nice.

Realted to physics and the softness of the suspesions, I remember that since v1.13 or so, softening the suspesion doesn't have such an impact. It doens't seem to decrease the frequency of oscillation. It's just my impression?

And yes it would be nice to have the physics settings of the real production cars they represent, Octavia, A4, etc.

Combined slip Pacejka Magic Formula is implemented as an alternative tire model.
This model gives good results and allows using data from the real tires.
To read more about pure-slip Pacejka model (not combined slip) click here.

Online update is available for the full version.
Changes in tire model mainly:
* Added combined-slip Pacejka tire model
* Improved precision of the original tire model
* Changes in FF code
* Improved physics
* Changes in VehiclePhysics Utility
* Changes in track format

Upd:
A small update is available.
It allows tweaking bump/rebound curves more precisely.
Changes in suspension.
Changes in sound code.

Indie developer Exotypos released the newest version of their game X-Motor Racing. Both the full game and the demo have been upgraded to v1.21.

You can download the demo or purchase the full game directly from their website at www.xmotorracing.com

Latest changes are mainly in the tyre model:
  • Added combined-slip Pacejka tire model
  • Improved precision of the original tire model
  • Changes in FF code
  • Improved physics
  • Changes in VehiclePhysics Utility
  • Changes in track format
X-Motor Racing is designed for racing enthusiasts from all around the world.
The goal is to develop an innovative and advanced racing simulator with tools for understanding/tuning vehicle physics.

Attachments

• xmr_adv.jpg
    xmr_adv.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 194
  • xmr_8.jpg
    xmr_8.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 216
  • xmr_9.jpg
    xmr_9.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 204
  • xmr_12.jpg
    xmr_12.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 229
  • xmr_7.jpg
    xmr_7.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 243
  • chgentso

Hi, I would like to download 1.15 full version. I think v. 1.21 and 1.20 have some clutch problems, when clutch is put to manual every time I change gears it makes loud noises (the sound when you drive normally and try to put reverse). Then it loses its gear and falls to N. So, I can only play with clutch to none (also, what does this mode do? if you could explain that mode I'd be grateful) and I would like to try v 1.15 (before the clutch code changes, that is). Finally, if someone discovers a bug what is the right place to post it?

• chgentso

Nice, when you have the patch ready please post so I update.
Also many thanks for the very quick reply!

The patch is ready.
Please check for update in game or launcher.
Or check your PM here.
Select transmission as "manual" if you want clutch like in 1.15 or select "manua mech" if you want more complex clutch like in 1.2.

• chgentso

The patch is ready.
Please check for update in game or launcher.
Or check your PM here.
Select transmission as "manual" if you want clutch like in 1.15 or select "manua mech" if you want more complex clutch like in 1.2.

Tried the patch, manual mode works fine now. Manual mech transmission mode does not work though (the same as before). Am I the only one having this problem?

hi everybody,

I confirm I also had this issue, manual didn't work, there was this continuous crackling noise, no matter what I do with the clutch pedal.

And v 1.21 crashes, I had to reverse to 1.2

Hi Eugene,

I checked, it's just Monza. Is it because I just copy pasted it from the previous version folder into the new one? It would be nicer if you could include it with the rest of the tracks into the downloadabla program...or better, make the updates to aply to the installed game so that one doesn't have to re-install the whole thing... especially that you have your updates so frequent... :)

Was the problem with the manual clutch solved for the G25?

Thanks

You should re-download Monza for v1.21 again because I have to change track format and re-compile Monza for v1.21.

Sure, manual clutch problem was solved.
Check your PM here it contains links for the updates or you could update online from the game/launcher.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.