X-Motor Racing

Before this you could see lateral forces diagrams when slip = 0.
Lateral forces are different with the different slips.
On the picture you can see lateral forces when slip = 0, 0.1 and 0.25. This is just an example of lateral tire force variations.
lateralforce2.jpg

VehiclePhysics displays tire forces more obviously.
You could change longitudinal slip real-time for the lateral tire forces to see its behavior.
On the pictures you can see lateral forces for different longitudinal slips.
lateralforce20.jpg

lateralforce21.jpg

Or the full 3D diagram where you can see forces variations with longitudinal slip and slip-angle.
lateralforce23.jpg

On the short video you can see forces variations and its influences on the vehicle.

It’s nice to see static tire forces diagrams on the VehiclePhysics.
But it’s better to study them real-time under load, tire pressure, temperature, longitudinal slip, slip angle, velocity etc.
Telemetry Tire system allows to study tire model for the each tire (Left Front, Right Front etc).
This is something like tire “debugging”.
Each column consists of longitudinal and lateral tire forces and their components.
There are four columns for the four tires - LF, RF, RR, LR.
On a short video you can see telemetry tire system under different tire conditions like accelerating, braking, turning etc.

• apeiros

i started to ''test'' the demo version of the game and here's my feedback so far:

first i would like to congradulate for the many dynamical aspects that this physics engine covers!!!f.e in most simulators when you release suddenly the gas pedal there is no oversteer induced or very slight one but xmr has implemented that correct..

but my problems are:

the demo car doesnt oversteer when you press the gas hard or overrev the engine in sharp turns it oversteers correct only by weight transfer and not by wheel torque due to engine...

the engine seems to have a very high inertia and when you release the pedal of the gas revolutions die out too slow...(even if you press the clutch and you separate engine and wheels-axis systems)

and finally and most important(the two previous things might be my imagination i havent drove a boxter ever...)is the force feedback which lacks sthing i dont know
but im sure if you can upgrade it it would make a Big difference....

with regards

the demo car doesnt oversteer when you press the gas hard or overrev the engine in sharp turns it oversteers correct only by weight transfer and not by wheel torque due to engine...
You are right car in demo doesn’t oversteer when you press the gas hard.
This happens because of lack of torque and longitudinal tire force curve.
I think I could correct it very easy or add another setups.

the engine seems to have a very high inertia and when you release the pedal of the gas revolutions die out too slow...(even if you press the clutch and you separate engine and wheels-axis systems)
I'm not sure about very high inertia of the engine...

and finally and most important(the two previous things might be my imagination i havent drove a boxter ever...)is the force feedback which lacks sthing i dont know
It's hard to improve FF in this case but I will try to do it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Online update is available for the full and demo version.
* Improved Force Feedback code
* Added 3D Tire Model Viewer
* Changes in graphics engine code
* Changes in Clutch Code
* Changes in Transmission Code
* etc

We are proud to announce that have released a new version of the X-Motor Racing full game (v1.22) and also the free downloadable demo that you can try!

The changelog from 1.21 to 1.22:

• Improved Force Feedback code
  • Added 3D Tire Model Viewer
  • Changes in graphics engine code
  • Changes in Clutch Code
  • Changes in Transmission Code

Demo version 1.22 can be directly downloaded from our website:
http://www.xmotorracing.com/download.html

Enjoy the testing and if you have any questions or feedback, please click here to visit our forum!

Attachments

• xmr_9.jpg
    xmr_9.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 280
Online update is available for the full and demo version.
* Improved Force Feedback code
* Improved Suspension simulation
* Improved Camber Thrust simulation
* Changes in Clutch
* Changes is Sound code
* Added "G-G" Diagram
* Added "START REPLAY" at once
* Improved replays
* Added Camber Thrust diagrams to Telemetry System

Special thanks to andy4trance for his valuable suggestions.

Softer suspentions?

Hi Eugene,

First, congrats for this uptade.

I attached a screenshot of a soft setup for the Roster. To me the behavior of the car with it seems closer to the production car that the base setup. Plese correct me if you have some real life paramenter values.
One more thing, with this setup, the wheels cross through the car frame, at stronger jumps, can it be corrected?

Thanks

Attachments

• soft_suspension.jpg
    soft_suspension.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 203
Hi Andy,

I remember that you talked about suspension for A4 but I couldn’t find real data for it unfortunately.
Looking at your settings I guess that suspension travel is too high. 25 cm or 250mm looks too high. I guess it’s not more than 150-170 mm.
To prevent crossing through the car body you should tweak clearance in VehiclePhysics for the current settings.
Look at the attached screenshots that shows clearance at -0.02 for the front and rear suspensions.
Changing clearance and suspension travel you could prevent that crossing through the car.

Attachments

• suspension.jpg
    suspension.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 192
On the download page of X-Motor Racing version 1.23 appeared and is now up for grabs. Licensed members can update their game online like normal.

What has changed compared to the previous version:

• Improved Force Feedback code
  • Improved suspsension simulation
  • Improved camber thrust simulation
  • Changes in Clutch
  • Changes in Sound code
  • Added "G-G" Diagram
  • Added "START REPLAY" at once
  • Improved replays
  • Added Camber thrust diagrams to Telemetry System
Click here to download version 1.23

X-Motor Racing(XMR) is an indie racing simulator with accurate physicsHDR rendering, FSAA etc simulation. The game brings some innovation in racing simulation like a full customizable physics model. An advanced tire model, suspension, motor and more are available to tune them in the game. The game uses a graphics engine supporting True HDR rendering, FSAA etc.

Attachments

• xmr_adv.jpg
    xmr_adv.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 172
Camber thrust (or camber force) this is a lateral force in the direction of the tilt.
Camber thrust occurs on the pneumatic-tire wheel. Camber thrust depends on the camber and slip angles, load, pressure, construction etc. Camber thrust may add to or reduce from the total lateral force, depending on the camber angle. When a car turns around a corner camber thrusts for the front and rear tires can be in a different direction and lead to oversteer or understeer. It depends on the default camber angle, suspension kinematics and road surface tilt.
You can see camber thrust on the pictures below.

camberthrustdirection.jpg

A short video that displays camber angles tweaking

Q. What is X-Motor Racing?

A. The freedom of your imagination in vehicle physics and modding.
Our goal is not doing aggressive advertisement, but invent and improve XMR.

Q. Minimal System Requirements?

A. Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7
DirectX 9c or higher
1700 MHz CPU
512 Mb RAM
128 Mb DX9 Video Card, Radeon 9800 or higher
2600 Mb HDD Free Space

Q. Can I make my own cars/tracks for XMR?

A. Yes, you can make your own cars/tracks for the full version. Download XMR Editor and make your own cars and tracks.

Q. Does it support any modding?

A. Yes, you are able to create/edit tracks and cars.

Q. What are the cars?

A. Find them here.

Q. Are there any reals tracks?

A. Yes, find them here.

Q. Why Real 3D Simulator?

A. Real 3D means 3D tire/wheel simulation that allows cars in XMR move at any 3D surface, not only 2/2.5D racing track like in many other sims.
Well, that's the main and fundamental difference between XMR and many other sims.

Q. Is the game ever going to be sold as a disc rather than a digital download?

A. We are not going to distribute the game on CD/DVD with a game publisher.

Q. Does the game have a LAN option?

A. Yes, up to 32 players with Dedicated server.

Q. How many people can connect in multiplayer?

A. Any number, up to 32 players.

Q. I am thinking of buying this game, but I really need to see how good the physics are and how well the force feedback reacts with my Logitech G25. This is hard since the demo doesn't want to work with my G25.

A. XMR works fine with G25.
Check your settings in GameMenu->Options->Controls->FF/Zones.

Q. Does this take the G25 racing wheel with clutch and gearbox?

A. Yes, the game supports any DXInput compatible steering wheel with clutch.

Q. Can I use the Xbox 360 controller?

A. Yes, you can use it.

Q. How many activations are available?

A. Unlimited.

Q. It is only in English?

A. There are six languages supported: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Russian.
It's very easy to make your own localization. Just copy and translate *.lng, hints*.txt and tPackUI*.trc files.

Q. Can you elaborate on offline gameplay? How many AI drivers max? What is the duration of the races (either time-based or lap-based)? What kind (and how many) of garage tweaks and can we apply to cars?

A. The demo version supports up to 2 AI Cars. The full version supports up to 5 AI Cars. AI is still in development and will be improved step by step.

Q. Is it possible to extract the accelerations, the velocities and the rotation velocities in 3 axis, so to "drive" a motion platform?

A. Yes, it's possible. Full version includes SDK that contains an example to get all in-game data like torque, power, speed, acceleration, rpm, temperature, suspension data, pitch, roll, yaw, slip ratio, slip angles etc. You can do your own telemetry system, code for motion platform etc.

Q. HDR on nVidia video cards looks like low resolution sometimes.

A. If you are using HDR rendering on nVidia video cards and screen looks like low resolution, try to set another resolution to fix the bug.

Q. You mentioned that the simulator "supports any DXInput compatible steering wheel with clutch", and you left out steering wheel WITH PEDALS only. Can we assume that both kinds of steering wheels have full support?

A. XMR supports both kinds of steering wheels (up to 4 devices) as you want at any configurations (together, only steering, only pedals, only clutch etc).

Q. Can I use it as Driving Simulator?

A. Yes, you can use it as Driving Simulator. XMR includes SDK that can extract all internal physics data.

Q. Will you implement efi tunning so that we can set up the car for each track?

A. Yes, we will implement this feature in the future release.

Q. My first computer with X-Motor Racing is failing to start how can I download X-Motor Racing on my new computer?

A. Just contact us and tell your e-mail and name, and then we will send you a link to the latest version.

Q. Can someone with the full version play with a friend that has the demo version through the lan or internet?

A. Yes, if you have the full version you can play with your friend that has the demo version via LAN or Internet.

Q. Is the license a life-time license or will you have to buy another updated one after each amount of updates or years?

A. The license is a life-time license. You won't have to buy another for the updates or next year.

Q. Can I use the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel?

A. Yes, you can use it. But it works via Wireless Gaming Receiver without force-feedback.

Q. How do i reactivate the license?

A. You can re-activate the license by running activation.exe utility in the XMR Directory. If you want to update your version just run Update Master.exe utility and update it.

Q. Does it work with Ubuntu or Linux?

A. We never tested it with Linux, so can't say exactly will it work or not with Linux.

Q. Can I use the SDK to create a robot car? What language is supported?

A. Yes, you can create a robot car. Any language that supports:
- Windows file mapping
- UDP for Torcs compatible UDP interface

Q. Is this also compatible with the Logitech G27?

A. Yes, it's compatible with the Logitech G27.

Source: X-Motor Racing

Installed the full game of XMR yesterday and i was pleasantly surprised with the physics. Eugene & Co you guys are doing a great job on the physics development, really impressive!

Can't wait for the next updates in 2010, keep it up :thumb:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea