WRC 9 Available | Release Trailer

dghfd

10RPM
Nov 5, 2015
The envoirement looks disconnected from everything, like they lack textures or immersion, I just can't look at it, rocks on the road feel like they don't belong in this game, just looks weird and ugly, hard to unsee.

Raikku

250RPM
May 27, 2013
Lots of positive buzz around this. And also news how this will be 4K/60fps on PS5/XbSX. So I might buy Xb's version at some point.

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
Also anyone saying that the graphics arent any good. Early evening, Monte Carlo looks absolutely amazing. Havent tried others yet but imagine they're all on par.

Reactions: toweleeie
Feb 8, 2018
To those with performance issues: try toggling between full screen and full screen borderless, or switching to another resolution and back to your resolution. I have to do the resolution swap every time I load the game or else it runs like crap. I had the same issue in WRC 8, too.

Last edited:

DrDeath_MD

75RPM
Premium
Aug 16, 2013
Really loved 8 and was hoping they'd polish it up and improve for 9 but I'm left a little bit disappointed. I've been playing it for a couple of days now (pre-release) and it's a buggy mess.
Yes, there is a bit more content and the physics have improved a bit, but the amount of bugs I'm encountering is just too much, with some of them being gamebreaking ones.
What bugs are you experiencing? I really want to get this.

BlobbeLobbe

10RPM
Jun 9, 2020
To those with performance issues: try toggling between full screen and full screen borderless, or switching to another resolution and back to your resolution. I have to do the resolution swap every time I load the game or else it runs like crap. I had the same issue in WRC 8, too.
WRC 7, 8 and 9 runs butter smooth on my old MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4GB and Intel Core i7-4790K

PS

And so did DR 1 & 2

DS

Cheesenium

250RPM
Jul 15, 2011
Still enjoyed the previous game, would get it day 1 if it is not epic exclusive.

I hate the epic client, it is slow and clunky to use. I spend more time seeing this than actually looking for my games.

They got so much money to buy off developers but they ain't got that much to fix the crap client.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GriffinJ

Enzo Fazzi

Always sideways
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
What bugs are you experiencing? I really want to get this.
Audio bugs, random game crashes, some annoying stuff like changes to FFB strength not saving, so everytime you launch the game, you have to change settings again.
Menu's flatout don't work in 5760x1080.
I can go on but I'd rather wait for a place where I can actually report these to the devs...

BlobbeLobbe

10RPM
Jun 9, 2020
Still enjoyed the previous game, would get it day 1 if it is not epic exclusive.

I hate the epic client, it is slow and clunky to use. I spend more time seeing this than actually looking for my games.

View attachment 403948

They got so much money to buy off developers but they ain't got that much to fix the crap client.
I see no difference in Steam or Epic clients as I just click the icon for whatever game I want to play !

Never had a problem with any of the clients !

Reactions: Ruy Horta

BlobbeLobbe

10RPM
Jun 9, 2020
With the news of Codemasters having the contract next year i dont think ill bother with WRC 8.5.
Codies wont be getting the franchise until 2023 but you can experience what it'll be like right now !

Get Dirt Rally 2.0 because that is what it is going to be like more or less !

• Haha
Reactions: toweleeie

HoiHman

1000RPM
Dec 7, 2009
The WRC series has no telemetry out except for D-box.

This means the buttkickers, AccuForce, GS-5, SFX100 motion, simhub displays and the windsimulator will not work :(

So moving on....

• Sad
Reactions: DC WOLF

DrDeath_MD

75RPM
Premium
Aug 16, 2013
I'm serious. Most of the reviews say that it finally allows for multiinputs (WRC 7 couldn't handle my bodnar cable), other than Billy Strange's video with the freezing, most have said this years version runs better than in the past (which had issues in WRC 6 and 7 at FPS's greater than 60 forcing me to refund them on Steam), and I skipped 8 but am considering 9 since I've basically memorized the stages in DR 1 and 2.
Epic lacks a discussion forum for people to post issues they are experiencing so I'm trying to figure out if the game is seriously broken or if I could have fun throwing cars into rocks at high speeds.

Last edited:

ShredatorFIN

500RPM
Aug 18, 2015
This worked for me in WRC7 also. Weird if the same issue is still not fixed after 3 games.

As for the whole Epic Store thing, why don't you people just use GOG Galaxy 2.0 to launch your games. Everything can be launched from there, Origin, Steam, Uplay, Rockstar Launcher, Epic Games. Doesn't matter.... just one click.

I think it's pretty dumb reason to boycott Epic Launcher. Better reason to boycott would be, that Epic Games is partially owned by Tencent, a Chinese company in bed with a totalitarian single party government that quite literally loads ethnic minorities onto trains and ships them into camps

But complaining about the UI in Epic Launcher.. I mean come on, who cares about the UI or lacking features, it has the "Play" button, enough features for me. With GOG Galaxy 2.0 even easier.

Last edited: