WRC9 WRC 9 Available | Release Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yesterday, NACON and KT Racing released the brand new WRC 9 videogame - the official simulation of the 2020 FIA World Rally Championship.
  • Available now on console and PC.
  • New launch trailer released.
  • All official cars, rallies and teams of WRC, WRC 2, WRC and JWRC 2020.

Sadly for fans of good game platforms, the new WRC 9 will only be available exclusively on the Epic Games Store for PC players, with no plans to release the title on Steam in the forseeable future. Anyone who has used the Epic Games Store in the past will likely be disappointed by this news, as in comparison to the more widely adopted Steam version functionality and ease of use are rather less apparent than would be an ideal scenario.. anyway, I digress..

WRC9_Screenshot_Kenya_Ford_4.jpg

WRC 9 Key Features;
  • 3 new rallies: Japan, New Zealand, Kenya
  • Over 50 official teams and their livery from the WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 and Junior WRC
  • Over 15 bonus cars that have left their mark on the history of the WRC
  • The brand-new Clubs Mode, to create customised championships
The new game released yesterday (03.09.2020) and is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC - with next generation console release expected to arrive closely following on from the new console releases and Nintendo Switch versions expected to be announced in the near future.

Check out the new WRC 9 launch trailer below:

Furthermore, the developers have confirmed their initial plans for post release content within the simulation - revealing the below post launch roadmap - with some interesting content additions coming to the title - not least of which is the inclusion of some epic historic events the likes of Finland and Portugal:

unnamed.jpg

WRC 9 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to learn more about this new rally title? Looking to share your experiences with WRC 9 so far? Head over to the RaceDepartment WRC 9 sub forum and get a post up and live today!

WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Ford_2_4K.jpg

Attachments

• WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K (1).jpg
    WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K (1).jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Really loved 8 and was hoping they'd polish it up and improve for 9 but I'm left a little bit disappointed. I've been playing it for a couple of days now (pre-release) and it's a buggy mess.
Yes, there is a bit more content and the physics have improved a bit, but the amount of bugs I'm encountering is just too much, with some of them being gamebreaking ones.

What bugs are you experiencing? I really want to get this.

To those with performance issues: try toggling between full screen and full screen borderless, or switching to another resolution and back to your resolution. I have to do the resolution swap every time I load the game or else it runs like crap. I had the same issue in WRC 8, too.

WRC 7, 8 and 9 runs butter smooth on my old MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4GB and Intel Core i7-4790K

PS

And so did DR 1 & 2

DS

Still enjoyed the previous game, would get it day 1 if it is not epic exclusive.

I hate the epic client, it is slow and clunky to use. I spend more time seeing this than actually looking for my games.

They got so much money to buy off developers but they ain't got that much to fix the crap client.

Last edited by a moderator:
What bugs are you experiencing? I really want to get this.
Audio bugs, random game crashes, some annoying stuff like changes to FFB strength not saving, so everytime you launch the game, you have to change settings again.
Menu's flatout don't work in 5760x1080.
I can go on but I'd rather wait for a place where I can actually report these to the devs...

Still enjoyed the previous game, would get it day 1 if it is not epic exclusive.

I hate the epic client, it is slow and clunky to use. I spend more time seeing this than actually looking for my games.

View attachment 403948

They got so much money to buy off developers but they ain't got that much to fix the crap client.

I see no difference in Steam or Epic clients as I just click the icon for whatever game I want to play !

Never had a problem with any of the clients !

I'm serious. Most of the reviews say that it finally allows for multiinputs (WRC 7 couldn't handle my bodnar cable), other than Billy Strange's video with the freezing, most have said this years version runs better than in the past (which had issues in WRC 6 and 7 at FPS's greater than 60 forcing me to refund them on Steam), and I skipped 8 but am considering 9 since I've basically memorized the stages in DR 1 and 2.
Epic lacks a discussion forum for people to post issues they are experiencing so I'm trying to figure out if the game is seriously broken or if I could have fun throwing cars into rocks at high speeds.

Last edited:
To those with performance issues: try toggling between full screen and full screen borderless, or switching to another resolution and back to your resolution. I have to do the resolution swap every time I load the game or else it runs like crap. I had the same issue in WRC 8, too.

This worked for me in WRC7 also. Weird if the same issue is still not fixed after 3 games.

As for the whole Epic Store thing, why don't you people just use GOG Galaxy 2.0 to launch your games. Everything can be launched from there, Origin, Steam, Uplay, Rockstar Launcher, Epic Games. Doesn't matter.... just one click.

I think it's pretty dumb reason to boycott Epic Launcher. Better reason to boycott would be, that Epic Games is partially owned by Tencent, a Chinese company in bed with a totalitarian single party government that quite literally loads ethnic minorities onto trains and ships them into camps

But complaining about the UI in Epic Launcher.. I mean come on, who cares about the UI or lacking features, it has the "Play" button, enough features for me. With GOG Galaxy 2.0 even easier.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 262 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing