WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 634
I'm also a noob when it comes to car set up so I'd be interested in getting some tips.

I'm on level 5 at the moment so I've started driving both the P-WRC and S-WRC cars. I find that the default set up on the 4WD cars has a bit too much oversteer for me so I tend to move both the braking and centre diff toward the front to get the car a bit more balanced. Other than that I'm not making a lot of changes.

I'm really enjoying the game at the moment. The graphics and sound are not the best, but it's a lot of fun and I like the way the career mode works.

I've got the game on the Xbox 360 and I am particularly enjoying the career mode on it. The car handling takes a bit of getting used to but I've found it to be very rewarding. It's definitely got its faults, particularly the graphics, but the game play is good. I haven't played RBR since I had it on the PS2 so can't really compare to that, but I prefer this to the rallying in Dirt 2.

Supported wheels?

downloaded the demo and to my utter amazement it does not recognize my thrustmaster pro clutch even though it is a preset whell in many titles of the last three years (f1 2010, dirt1 and 2, nfs shift, race on, you name it ...) i couldn't set the controller because the manu did not work properly. anybody have any experience with this wheel and the finished game?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.0%