Work In Progress - Screenshots & Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yo guys,

It seems some very interesting projects have been started recently for rFactor.
Can you guys do some showing off in this thread so outsiders like myself can get some kicks already? :rotfl:

• Graham Clemenger

Your welcome to my BTB save to see how it compares, the elevation data is not finshed yet but its there if you want it.

I originaly started developing a circuit based at a dissused WWII areodrome near Notts but that turned into a 6/7km monster with several layouts, so I started Thruxton as its smaller.

I'd also like to see your finshed version in rF so I can get a referance of the building, seems like you've got them spot on and I've got no idea what half of the look like, I might soilder on with my thuxton baby as it would be good to see it in GTRe (as I have got into racing the GTRe Minis here at RD )and maybe a high detailed rF2 version but I'm also going to start thinking about another project, part fictional but based some sort of real life topographical data.

How do you go about collecting hight data for a circuit or for anywhere for that matter?

willowsprings2
pembreyv3
catalina v2

all using gps roadbuilder except pembreyv3.excuses the white grass this seems to be a problem with 3dsimed and vista x64.but i can say it looks a bit better in the game, :)

edit: typo on pictures

Attachments

• willowsprings2.jpg
    willowsprings2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 208
  • pembrey2.jpg
    pembrey2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 223
  • catalina2.jpg
    catalina2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 220
I just figured it out. It's the Multiply and Add textures on the grass texture that are causing the white ground. I removed them from the grass texture in a test track, exported it to GTL and then the ground showed up fine in 3Dsimed.

They are 256x256 while the grass is 512x512, maybe that's a problem in a GTL etc file for 3dSimed.

Hehe, that made me imagine you having a 3d version of yourself in 3dSimed going around kicking over grandstands and jumping up and down on the pit buildings!

Relax, build a snowman. It's just the winter version :wink2:

lol

thanks chub i have a poke at your solution.Do they have snow in australia ,i thought we only get that.lol
i also switched to xp with service pack 2 in simed,also switch off,desktop themes,disabled desktop composites,disabled scaling. only seems to work on older modelers eg: zmod2.:) (laugh at the bounding boxes,so you can't see a bleeding model)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yfk_txl8[/ame]

Updated with more objects, texture fixes, added shadowing and more replay cameras angles ... with only a small reduction in overall FPS performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes