Work In Progress - Screenshots & Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yo guys,

It seems some very interesting projects have been started recently for rFactor.
Can you guys do some showing off in this thread so outsiders like myself can get some kicks already? :rotfl:

• Steppenwolf

I don't have GTR Evo. But i wouldn't mind if anyone wants to convert the track to it or to some other racing games.

Top Gear Test Track 2.000

Hi guys. I did the first TGTT last year and now with the newer BTB I can set about doing a new V 2.000.

I have the Laccetti ( I have the model but no idea how to get it game) from GTR2 with permission. It is perfect.

It should be much better thanks to Google Earth updating the UK to 2003 so Dunsfold is now with track markings and higher definition.

Mike :)

Hi guys. I did the first TGTT last year and now with the newer BTB I can set about doing a new V 2.000.

I have the Laccetti ( I have the model but no idea how to get it game) from GTR2 with permission. It is perfect.

It should be much better thanks to Google Earth updating the UK to 2003 so Dunsfold is now with track markings and higher definition.

Mike :)

great! since this is a "must have" test track, I would like it released for how many games you can, even RBR!!

Hey man...how did you do the movable scenery? :wink2:

Sam Moss pretty much nailed it ...

The river is basically made up of 3 textures. The Falls, The River and the texture that merges the two together.

Next came the WORK part ... Making the extra Frames for the movement ... 10 frames from the original for a total of 33 textures.

I still am working on the frames for the Merging section ... this is a pain ... Lots of time spent in Paint Shop Pro ... then it is a matter of setting the animation cycle in the order you want the frames to appear and a frequency. Add a cube map for extra effect.

Just be aware all this comes at a cost of FPS ... and is not for weak graphic cards ... I run 1920x1200x32/Dx9 WS and I still get a respectable FPS ~170 +/- 20 (this is on my 2 year old Ge8800GTS) ... (I cant stand running in lower resolution or DX setting so I don't even check what my tracks look like or perform in the FPS department).

This is also the reason that I removed a lot of the trees I had by the river ...

Ever since i started usuing BTB, ive tried to make complex curcuits without practice... I think i've learnt my lesson by practicing on small chunks of track.

BTB_Test_PArt.jpg

Things done in the photo...

1: Made the Track, with elevations.
2: Terrained it.
3: Made some Curbs with SObjects.
4: Made a Pavement/Sidewalk with a wall.
5: New track texture.
6: Tree's.

• nicokarting

info track

scusa Jo mi servirebbe un aiuto pagando magari un prezzo modico per terminare un progetto e realizzarne un altro.
in breve mio figlio corre da poco in kart (7 ann) lo faccio allenare con rfactor eurokart mod. A volte devo andare in piste mai viste per cui un mio amico grafico mi realizzava con bob asfalto cordoli prato e piazzali, io inserivo con 3 dsimed oggetti già fatti tipo tribune alberi. Ora questo mio amico lavora a tempo pieno e non può più aiutarmi.
ho in cantiere kartodromo sarno dove faremo prossime gare, il tracciato è fatto cè da mettere bene alcuni cordoli e realizzarne altri che mancano.
io non me la cavo con l'inglese, ho anche provato con bob ma non ci capisco nulla. Se ti viene un idea fammi sapere ringrazxio comunque ciao
la mia email è
salsaon2@libero.it
il mio sito è www.accademieguida.com

My project is an Italian hillclimb

3369690035_b1dbbf85b6_b.jpg

This is the venue

Like someone said in a previous post, I started off in BTB by trying to make a tri-oval with four different cambers plus an infield plus a 24-kilometre track with gradients, a billion different textures.... and then got down to doing something smaller to practice on because I was getting nowhere. So, here are my first two efforts, with some work to do still.

Kahanahaloo Park (this name is supposed to sound Australian. Since Brendon is from there I'd thought it would be nice, as a small tribute) (OK, a really small tribute, I know).
KahanahalooPark-Vistageneral.jpg

KahanahalooPark-Rectaprincipal.jpg

KahanahalooPark-Sector1.jpg

Watling Park
WatlingPark-Vistadesdeloaltodelacol.jpg

WatlingPark-Unosboxesuntantorudimen.jpg

• Graham Clemenger

My W.I.P

LOL Zerez86, Ive also been working on a versoin of Thruxton. Maybe we should get our heads together on this.

Attachments

• Thruxton.jpg
    Thruxton.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 252
I think I shall join the Thruxton club, though I'm not sure if my version will be ever be released (if it ever gets finished)

t6p5qr.jpg

Got some nice detail in there Graham, I never bothered with the underpass as I figured you'd never see it but it looks good with it in there.
What did you do to get your elevations?
thats my biggest problem with the track is that there is no decent elevation data to be found.

• Graham Clemenger

LOL even harder, Im gobsmacked Lasercutter, your version looks amazing, as for detail yours is looking very nice, the underpass I tought would look good in the replay cams.

Thought I reckonized those grandstands in your pic from the Grandstands thread, again there great you should definitely finish it because there are alot of people racing here at RD that want good, legal BTCC tracks so I thought I'd start with Thruxton, looks as if you got there before us.

As for track elevations I used google earth and the KLM Altitude Filler (v2.1) site to get a rough guide, I then found an old version I downloaded ages ago for rF, loaded just the track into Max, XPacked it and used that aswell as youtube vids of people trying to thrash F430 around Thruxton so it will never be perfect. I was also going to use KMLs to get hight data of the surrounding roads hills ect, from the screenshot you posted it looks virtually complete. I have access to max and own BTB (obviously) so if you dont finish it I would love to help see it completed and raced here at RD (thought i'd be cheeky and ask, no harm in asking so they say), although youve got that far so why should you not finish it.

that part of the track is about 75% complete, a few more buildings and fences to do yet, it is the most complete part .
The reason it might not get finished is that other stuff keeps getting in the way, but if it all does grind to a halt I'll get in touch.
Keep working on your version though because it's looking good and I'm still not 100% happy with my layout elevation wise (so I might want to drive your version on RD instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes