Work In Progress - Screenshots & Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yo guys,

It seems some very interesting projects have been started recently for rFactor.
Can you guys do some showing off in this thread so outsiders like myself can get some kicks already? :rotfl:

• Luc Byard

Circuit de Bergerac: Sans 2

My first BTB effort with the demo. Based on my favourite karting circuit (link below). It's scaled up to just over 4km and I've taken a little artistic licence with elevation and such in places.

I'm looking into the whole AIW thing now but I'm running GTRevo so I'll have to see if I can figure it all out. Very challenging layout but a lot of fun: maybe more so for me though as I know the real circuit it's based on.

http://www.bergerac-karting.com

Attachments

• Bergerac image 2.jpg
    Bergerac image 2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 356
  • Luc Byard

Will this track be available for rF?

That would require a little co-operation. My demo has run out and I couldn't get the AIW editors to run with GTR Evo or GT Legends so at the moment, all you can do is drive around on your own.

I couldn't export to rF myself as I was using BTB Evo but if the BTB file will open in BTB Pro I could make it available to someone if they're willing to do the AIW and send it back to me to add into the GTR package (Then we can both have it). I've heard the rFactor AIW file will pretty much do "as is" for GTR Evo so if I get an offer, I'll upload the BTB file.

I'm impressed with BTB Evo but won't be making a full purchase until 0.8 or whatever it's called when I can do grids and pits and racing lines in the same complete package as right now, I'd be left driving on my own.

pembrey v3. added a few new buildings.
camden airport topgear australia

Edited: added new pictures : CAmden topgear australia

Attachments

• pembreyv3.jpg
    pembreyv3.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 317
  • pembreyv3-2.jpg
    pembreyv3-2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 282
  • pembreyv3-3.jpg
    pembreyv3-3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 280
  • pembreyv3-4.jpg
    pembreyv3-4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 281
  • camden1.jpg
    camden1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 243
  • camden2.jpg
    camden2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 255
ptrack1.jpg

The tarmac is from cgtextures.com. After finding a suitable plain tarmac texture, in PSP I added a noise layer and gave it a motion blur effect, then reduced the opacity to give some subtle streaks in the direction of the road. The white lines are from the same site. There is a 'paint' section which contains some suitable starting points for worn white lines.

The grass is also from cgtextures. I found that reducing the saturation helped it look better because it wasn't so distracting from a driver's point of view.

The kerb is a wall using a texture from the Ennis_extras XPack, and the barrier uses a texture from Haywood club. On reflection the kerb is probably too big - it's almost as wide as the car.

I've found that a good way to do trees is to have two 'layers'. A wall with a solid tree texture at the back (I got these from Trackside Objects), and in front, an SObject, which is 3d from Great Britain.

updates, now with running ai.:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2zSUV_RKy4[/ame]

Attachments

• GRAB_003.JPG
    GRAB_003.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 270
  • GRAB_004.JPG
    GRAB_004.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 275
  • GRAB_002.JPG
    GRAB_002.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 266
Hi Guys,

Here are a few screens of a track I have been working on for a while now!

Ads: Rfactor!
Sky: Ennis!

All Buildings, Grandstands & Bridge etc created in BTB!!! (shadows off)

Attachments

• Park 1.jpg
    Park 1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Park 2.jpg
    Park 2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 293
  • Park 3.jpg
    Park 3.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Park 4.jpg
    Park 4.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Park 5.jpg
    Park 5.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Park 6.jpg
    Park 6.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 283
  • miasmic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZTA8MGSmtE[/ame]

This is my first track I've been working on with BTB, 22km based on a real road in New Zealand. Terrain is rough close to the track in some places and the textures are rubbish, also no vegetation yet.

This video is just to give an idea of the road (I just finished cambering the turns and adding crash barriers) and shows about the first 12 or 14km

Here's the Version 2 of the stage. Made stage a bit longer and added terrain before start and after finish. This is a fictional stage, but it's based on real roads. The wider road has been used in Neste historic rally some years ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crBnwEHNMiE[/ame]

• Jeff Eckert

W.i.P. --- "Hillclimb" GTR² Track

Hello Community,

first i wanna Thank Bob for his great Work he has done. :thumb:

My Track...

-6km of Track (Fastest Round @ Viper 2:20.XXX)
-heavy up`s and down`s
-Short and Blind Corners
-long Straights

Known bugs...

-some Terrain parts (wrong material)
-Clean Terrain (no Objekts)
-Multiplayer crash (FIXED, AIW was Problem)

Following :kewl:

Actually working @ Track... Fixing known Bugs, finding new Bugs... Maybe if Terrain and Objekts are done i will Post a Video.

Other thing is that i can need some XPacks or Objekts for Box and Start/Finish Terrain. Like Buildings in normal GTR² Tracks. If someone
can help me with this it would be great ;)

Your`s userxy79

Imola 1963 - Up for grabs

Hey everyone,

I had a crack at building the 1963 version of Imola (San Marino), however while editing the driveline I stuffed the whole thing up. I don't have the patience to sit there and fix it all, so I am giving away all the elements that I have for the track to anyone willing to make it.

I also have several videos for the track. So if you are interested in taking on this project, please email me at forshowdog@hotmail.com

and I will give you all that I have done on the track for you to take over!

Cheers,

Rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back