Work In Progress - Screenshots & Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yo guys,

It seems some very interesting projects have been started recently for rFactor.
Can you guys do some showing off in this thread so outsiders like myself can get some kicks already? :rotfl:

Sure:
http://rapidshare.com/files/216513793/Textures_Stuff.zip.html
All the road textures are edited original BTB default XPack tarmac road textures, I hope I'm allowed to edit these....
The ground and the ripplemat textures are made my me, the ripplestrip is taken from F1RFT's Fuji track.
The only Object included is a very simple grandstand (also my property)... somebody who can handle 3D object better than me should really make a good grandstand object sometime :waiting:

PPS: Please forgive me if something is not perfect with or in this XPack, I've never really cared about the look of the XPacks I made only for myself - But it should work :D

PS: There might me some german expressions in the names of textures since I never planned to release my textures as an XPack... I'm sorry :)

There might me some german expressions in the names
ich glaub das interessiert sowieso keinen, so lange die Texturen gut sind ^^
Nobody will ask to expressions, when the textures are good ^^

somebody who can handle 3D object better than me should really make a good grandstand object sometime
the question is, how detailed you want and wich texture you will to use. I don´t know how should look a grandstand object, at rally it is scarce. I m only intrested at rallysports...

Sure:
http://rapidshare.com/files/216513793/Textures_Stuff.zip.html
All the road textures are edited original BTB default XPack tarmac road textures, I hope I'm allowed to edit these....
The ground and the ripplemat textures are made my me, the ripplestrip is taken from F1RFT's Fuji track.
The only Object included is a very simple grandstand (also my property)... somebody who can handle 3D object better than me should really make a good grandstand object sometime :waiting:

PPS: Please forgive me if something is not perfect with or in this XPack, I've never really cared about the look of the XPacks I made only for myself - But it should work :D

PS: There might me some german expressions in the names of textures since I never planned to release my textures as an XPack... I'm sorry :)

Great....my question was only for the grandstand, I need as you a basic grandstand to change for my track:
picture.php

Thanks a lot mate! :victory:

Hi , this is the project I am working on. I am attempting to reproduce the new Portimao circuit in Algarve Portugal that hosted the final race of last seasons SBK Champ. I have got the layout finally finished, here is an on-board lap for your enjoyment.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFEbfcosr3Y[/ame]

thanks dos - looking forward to releasing an xpack of all this once completed as all models / textures etc will be 100% original!

Great community we have here guys, keep up the good work!!

• jocalabrese

My First Project for rFactor
(Virtual)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvrFPL0wuxg[/ame]

This is an hill climb race, in Reggio Calabria (South Italy)

(Real) with a Peugeot 106
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Bpm33wDUo[/ame]

These are just three shots from Sweet Lamb SS for RBR. Based on WRC 2008 real stage. Textures are original RBR ones or modifications. Some objects imported from RBR, waiting now for jay_p_666 xpack for a big bunch of them!

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 273
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 286
  • shot3.jpg
    shot3.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 284
Death Valley, a California Fantasy 2.5 miler

still a wip ... my biggest problem now is FIXING my xpack to work with the new release of BTB ... ever since the "DOUBLE SIDED TEXTURE" issue broke and needs to be repaired ... and my xpack is a biggie that I really should have broke down into smaller chunks ... (OH WELL)

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 247
Hi fxs,

Not sure if you are refering to the T junction?, but if so this is quite easy.

The main road is obviously just one 'length' of road, the T road is simply another 'open ended' track that is butted up to the main road (use the M button to merge nodes BTW if this helps)

I then usually widen the width of the joining T road at the point where it joins the main road so that it is hidden underneath the pavement (ie so no gaps are seen)

Then simply sketch out a pavement that will go up the main road, round the corner and down the T road

It sometime gets fiddley if the main road has elevation as you then have to match the T road to suit (just adjust the cross sections on the T road to get a match)

I believe merging roads has been one of the main request from other guys also so perhaps this may be something Brendon can make a bit easier in the future??

Hope this helps

Ps great looking tracks Dawg and Martin!!

• 42Cliff

yup that sounds almost how I would do similar intersections.

only I don't touch the width modifier, I instead use for the last few meters approaching a intersection a seperate surface (cross-section) for each polygon on the open ended track. (ie, that intersection would have 4-6 cross-sections on the side road) - obviously the panel length on this end section is far more dense than the default.

in case its not clear, I would do a separate cross section for each panel, detailed areas use 1m or smaller panels.

edit: jofan, that is really exquisite work on making that intersection look so rounded. Maybe if you could make a tiny demo of the technique you use... some time in the next few months when I get some free time I plan on making a few technique demo tracks just to help out the beginners, I wouldn't mind at all if a few of you guys who have made such wonderful looking tracks would maybe make a few tiny demo tracks of some of the various techniques you all use. I hope to have a few small examples up some time next week.

This is mine

Is a SS from real world in north of Argentina that I drive in early 80´s

Attachments

• GRAB_000.JPG
    GRAB_000.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 224
  • GRAB_001.jpg
    GRAB_001.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 220
  • GRAB_003.jpg
    GRAB_003.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 212