Cars WIP Honda S800 - Stock and RSC

Hi guys, I'm finally settled down (well kind of, renting a place for now while building our house), so I'll be able to work on the S800 some more next week and hopefully release at least the stock version, just need to catch up with the physics and wrap up the remaining LODS.

For those interested, moved to this place, is called El Calafate, located on the Santa Cruz province, Argentina. Well known around the world for the Perito Moreno glacier and being an international tourism destination. Only downside here is the internet connection which I'm still on mobile data, but I'll be able to update more regurarly since next month (hopefully!).

Cheers!

View attachment 158028

View attachment 158029

Spectacular view my Friend,
And I would not blame you if you never in front of your PC, except I'm a huge Honda fan and owner so really looking forward to this S800, but no pressure please,

Enjoy the view and first settle in, that's most important,

And if you need a Barman in that village let me know..................

Cheers,

ET

Back on track...
O9jZFWX.jpg

Last edited:
The quality of this car is absolutely incredible, I can almost say that it looks even better than a few of the cars made by the developers.

Almost!? Its definitely better than plenty of the cars made by the devs. But you can't hold that against them, they have to make far more models in less time, but this is really as good as it gets for AC models.

Thanks for the support guys, I'm doing the "silent work" right now, LODs and final touches to textures and shaders, while physics are being perfected as well, so not much to show but I promise that work is getting done! I want to release the stock version first and then we can focus entirely on the RSC version which is a whole different beast.

Finally, doing some testing before the release! it won't be final as this still needs work, but it got to a stage where it is acceptable in every aspect.
I've decided to release a beta to get some feedback from you guys, would be great if someone who drives the car in real life can give us feedback on the physics. Right now is all based on real data and measurements but none of us actually got on a real S800.
Same goes for the sound, if anyone is willing to help on that department just let me know.

Will be getting all the files ready in the next couple of days, hopefully the beta will be up this weekend.

30577494030_ee5de41731_b.jpg

30762349692_2c22b6e207_b.jpg

30762350382_5f4ae31deb_b.jpg

Finally, doing some testing before the release! it won't be final as this still needs work, but it got to a stage where it is acceptable in every aspect.
I've decided to release a beta to get some feedback from you guys, would be great if someone who drives the car in real life can give us feedback on the physics. Right now is all based on real data and measurements but none of us actually got on a real S800.
Same goes for the sound, if anyone is willing to help on that department just let me know.

Will be getting all the files ready in the next couple of days, hopefully the beta will be up this weekend.

30577494030_ee5de41731_b.jpg

30762349692_2c22b6e207_b.jpg

30762350382_5f4ae31deb_b.jpg
Even if it sounds like a lawnmower and drives like a wheelbarrow it will not matter,

I will just park her and admire all the detail you so lovingly created,

But then I just know everything will be right,

Thank you for your efforts, this must have been a labour of love and turned into something very special,

You have my respect man..............

ET

I can promise it's fun to drive and that all of the data we have is good. But as with nearly every car, there are a few holes... and independent of that, nothing beats a RL owner's feedback for polishing the details. So by all means, if anyone has anything relevant to say on the physics side, please let me know!

Final touches, doing the invisible work making sure all the suspension parts work, lights, dirt, damage, etc.
Didn't put much effort on the damage textures because I think the whole damage system in AC looks silly, I only made them so it won't feel "incomplete".
So far it's missing some adjustments to the driver animations and position, and most important, trying to figure out what to do with the sound for the 1.9 update.
Screenshot_honda_s800_vir_10-11-116-10-46-8.jpg
Showroom_honda_s800_10-10-2016-11-11-49.jpg
Showroom_honda_s800_10-10-2016-11-12-16.jpg
Showroom_honda_s800_10-10-2016-11-12-57.jpg

Hello,
Many congratulations for your mod A3DR ! This Honda is a very well made car, extremely detailled and fun to drive. In terms of physics, it looks very realistic to me, very immersive. Against a bunch of AI competitors with Hondas and Fiat Abarth S2s it is a huge pleasure to race at small places like Magione or VIR Patriot. Looking forward to driving the racing-oriented version that looks to be in the works. A big thank you for such a top job.
Laurent

When you find the time, please throw in some skinning templates if the AO layer is in it's final form too. Many skinners will be happy to take a look at this car, specially the RSC.
Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the good feedback we've got from the reviews, happy to hear that physics seems to feel just right for this car! Aphidgod did an excellent job on it and as usual, and it was a pleasure working with him on this project.
Still need to find more info on the RSC version, but we already have a solid base to work with.

When you find the time, please throw in some skinning templates if the AO layer is in it's final form too. Many skinners will be happy to take a look at this car, specially the RSC.
Thanks!

You're right, I completely forgot to make a template for it, sure, will post one later today.

I think by "more info" you mean "some info." :(

I've been utterly skunked in my searches so far. Literally nothing. (Well, no... there's a horsepower figure out there and I know the gearing. So I guess that's something.)

Anyway... expect some tweaks to this thing too. I wouldn't say it's entirely finished and there's still a bit of data missing. But I am also glad to hear most of you mostly like it so far. :)

"The “RSC” which stood for Honda Racing Service Center, was even more so, bumping displacement to 873cc for a claimed 100-plus ps at 10,500 rpm (for comparison, a stock S800 made 70ps at 8,000 rpm)" :unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back