Cars WIP Honda S800 - Stock and RSC

Following the thread from the official forums, I'll continue posting the progress here on RD from now on.

At this point the car modeling and texturing is mostly done, only missing some minor details here and there, and I still have to model the coupe version and LODS.
Physics are being developed in the meantime.

Modeling/texturing/shaders: Alberto Daniel Russo (A3DR)
Physics: Aphidgod (Jason Coates)
RSC Skins: GTAce
Contributors: Ga2jo from official AC forums, and Masaru Hasegawa (Honda designer & S800 owner)
Triangle count for convertible: 193.400
Triangle count for RSC: 193.781
Full WIP gallery here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbrider/sets/72157667066717922

26644197814_25f48a5008_b.jpg

26571599054_3fc01df035_b.jpg

27175908142_4e35e5d877_b.jpg

26701447643_9e7b3dd11d_b.jpg

26705998603_68b25c0bf0_b.jpg

27392807925_23e88d96f5_b.jpg

26887437604_c634ef2b80_b.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't too excited about this car when A3DR announced it as his next project. Sure, it looks gorgeous. A3DR is too skilled to release anything but the best 3D models. But I didn't really know much about the car. So, I decided to look it up. Now, I'm anxiously awaiting its release. If as much care is put into this S800 as went into the Veloce GTS, we will have an awesome car to add to our stables. :) :cool:

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it'll be a good experience to drive this car since the physics are in good hands, and we'll have the help of a Honda designer that actually owns this car, so that'll make it something special.

Wowzers!

Great attention to all the fine details :D

If it drives as good as it looks it'll be amazing!

But those triangle counts seem quite high!?

Triangle count is something I keep an eye on all the time, so trust me, it's perfect as it is. There's even room for improvements at this point.
According to Kunos' official guidelines, the LODA shouldn't be over 125k triangles (body, wheels, chassis), and the HR Cockpit below 125k too.
That makes 250k in total for the entire high res model, and I'm counting less than 200k on mine so far.

Ah ok, so those values are for both interior and exterior.

Seems very reasonable then given the smoothness and amount of fine polygon details!

Nice work indeed :D

I think it's absolutely brilliant that someone on this project's team was able to contact an actual owner of a Honda S800. That right there is dedication. The Assetto Corsa modding community never ceases to amaze me. :thumbsup:

I think it's absolutely brilliant that someone on this project's team was able to contact an actual owner of a Honda S800. That right there is dedication. The Assetto Corsa modding community never ceases to amaze me. :thumbsup:

I think the most amazing fact of having an actual owner of the car to help us, is that he also works at Honda as a designer, latest public project he worked on is the Civic Type R:

He takes a while to get back to me, but he's willing to help with data and sounds for the S800.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back