Windows 7

Today Tests GTR evo and COD5

Good Windows 7 64bit beta 3x faster More than Windows vista ultimate 64bit

GTR evo Win vista 64bit 180 fps,Win 7 fps 232 fps :D:D Gigabyte nVidia 280GTX

I expect very much original Win 7 price :) :love2::love2::good:

I am just curious. Have you run any other real benchmarks like 3Dmark to prove that? I doubt it is that much better only b/c of the OS unless there are new drivers as well.

Its only 25% increase which should be possible if it has a smaller system footprint than Vista, along with better multicore optimization memory control etc. Benchmarks are a good pointer but need to be taken in context. Either way I'm just off to install it now so I'll run some benchmarks over the weekend. I'm going to back everything off to stock to see how they really did, since most people will have to use it on a normal comp rather than one setup specifically for gaming.

Sorry for sounding a bit lost but is there a way tp see your FPS in Race 07 for e.g ....i know Rf you press Alt f button and it pops up.

Reason for my question is i am running a Suped up vista from Rockersteam and in Rf i get up to 500 fps which may vary but an average of around 350 to 400.I would dearly like to make that specific comparison as i am 90% racing eaither Rf or RACE07 so my needs would obviously be catered for within that range of game

Rob McColl

• Wido Rossen

I installed W7 to without key.
I got a key from microsoft that comes with the beta but did not have to use it.
I read that the beta version is operational till august 2009.
And i have to say to that i like it so far.
Gotta figure out more of its functions do.

Thnx for the link Marcel

rFactor/GTL with Windows7

Has anyone been successful to install rFactor yet with Windows 7?

Been trying to install the demo but everytime the system restarts and restores to a previous checkpoint prior to installing rFactor.

GT Legends aswell has this problem. Anyone heard of these games having problems with Windows7 or solutions to installing em without the system crashing?

Thanks in advance guys.

Has anyone been successful to install rFactor yet with Windows 7?

Been trying to install the demo but everytime the system restarts and restores to a previous checkpoint prior to installing rFactor.

GT Legends aswell has this problem. Anyone heard of these games having problems with Windows7 or solutions to installing em without the system crashing?

Thanks in advance guys.

GT Legends may be a problem with the starforce drivers - i doubt there are any new ones out to update to.

James, you are right m8, GTL problem was do to with Starforce Drivers. Doubt the game will ever work then once Windows 7 is officially released.

There is a possibility that it will in the same way that it did with Vista. With Vista all you had to do was download the newer drivers after installing the game, and they should release Windows 7 starforce drivers when the OS officially comes out.

• Ratang McColl

i installed Windows 7 ...the latest version on my PC and rfactor kept on giving me the setup window ( the window where i setup resolution and anti alaising) it refused to keep the res i chose so i reinstalled XP

The big Windows 7 topic

I will merge all Windows 7 topics into this as i expect more and more info about this new coming OS.

Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) is going to be released to Technet and MSDN subscribers shortly, and will be available to the public on May 5. The MS page where this confirmation occurred is here, however it has changed to remove references to the RC. A snapshot of the page as it originally was, with relevant RC information, can be found here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back