Windows 7

Windows 7 RC & Vista SP2 released

Microsoft has released both Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) final (RTM) to MSDN and Technet subscribers.

Windows 7 RC will be available to the public on 5 May, and Vista SP2 should be publicly available in the next few days.

For now you can read this Microsoft Article detailing notable changes in Vista SP2.

I installed it over my Vista 64-bit which i had in dual boot with Vista 32-bit.

Installed very fast and solid, replaced the bootmanager by the Windows 7 version and dual boot kept working as before.

Found almost all drivers, except for my TV card which is kinda prehistoric.

Microsoft has released the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) to the general public. The download is available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and there is no limit to the number of downloads available. Note that the RC will formally expire on 1 June 2010, however on 1 March 2010 the RC will begin automatically shutting down on a regular basis, meaning the RC has an effective life of 10 months.

I have downloaded both 64 & 32 bit version....but only the 32 bit installed on my old buddy system (old 7 year old Pentium 4 system with no 64bit support back then).
I have to admit, even on a really really old system the Windows 7 works great. Boots up fast & smooth
I love it

I was installing win7 on my old P4 system. But just after installing windows my graphics card died (6600GT). And now I'm running Win7 with a Geforce 2 MX200 32MB!
Runs very solid. I think I'll put Win7 on my game machine as well.

But I'll install 64bit on gamemachine. Just waiting for Fanatec to release 64bit drivers which are verified.

Was running W7 beta version for months. Just downloaded RC version 64 bit. Gonna backup essential files before doing a clean RC install. Johan I can run all the games I have in W7 without problems.

Was running W7 beta version for months. Just downloaded RC version 64 bit. Gonna backup essential files before doing a clean RC install. Johan I can run all the games I have in W7 without problems.
What about GTL with it's starcrap? And I first need to know whether my printer works in Win7, as it doesn't work in Vista. I guess, since a lot of devices now can also work with XP drivers, my printer should work again:party2:
Canon MPC190
And of course the 64bit driver for my wheel..

Aha GTL story is bad I am afraid. No patch coming for this game. Maybe if Simbin is pressured to do something about it.

Not sure about printers as I dont use printers at home. If it wasnt working in Vista then chances are it wont work in W7. Good luck

Hmm I heard the 'decrypted' version of GTL doesn't have a problem in W7.. So I might be doing that then..

Here I just installed Win7 on the old pc, on a camping table I only put down for this :p.

Here the 6600GT was still in the pc.. 2 minutes later it was dead...
06052009380843.jpg

Installed W7 onto my laptop a a dual boot, and it works nice. Its quick, although the mouse pad buttons cant be changed it seems in W7 (but i hate those mouse pad on laptops anyway).

Havent been on it that much, but it looks like vista, just quicker, certainly quicker to boot up thats for sure.

Thanks, already have the 9.4 Win7 driver installed. This seems older (versionnumber) but whql. For now I have no graphics problems, so I might wait on the 9.5 driver.

Or do I miss something important in the 8.x driver?

Problem with GTL is the used version of the Starforce protection which need to be updated by the publisher I think. Since 10tacle is not amongst us anymore, I think thats betting on a dead horse.

As developer, SimBin might be able to help their fanbase, but its not needed according their own support policy for GTL.

From the SimBin website:
GT Legends Game Support
All support issues regarding this game is handled by 10Tacel

The game runs fine however without Starforce protection, so a workaround without SimBin's help would be a not-to-be-discussed way of installing/running this game.

Which update are you talking about Ramon cause i found something for our SARL guys which helped them to run GTL with no problem....... I'll see if i can find it unless you guys already have it .

Not unimportant info regarding possible upgrade from Release Candidate to Final (once released)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/c1f7df2b-0fff-4df5-998f-104be8bf82ac/

You will be required to perform a clean install of Windows 7 RTM (Final) build.

From the Windows 7 RC FAQ:

Q. Can I upgrade from the RC to the final version of Windows 7? A. When you install the final version of Windows 7, you'll need to do a clean installation. So plan on backing up your data then reinstalling your applications and restoring your data.

Windows 7 Release Candidate Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Which update are you talking about Ramon cause i found something for our SARL guys which helped them to run GTL with no problem....... I'll see if i can find it unless you guys already have it .

For Vista there is a starforce update to download from starforce website. For Win7 there is not.
I tried installing it, but my win7 says its not compatible and will not continue.
So if you have a legal way of solving, that would be great!

busy looking for that file now....... I remember our GTL community died because of this problem we had ....then i came across a patch of some sort which allowed all to play online again .......to be honest dont remember what the actuall problem was but all were happy thereafter.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back