Wijchen by PaleoPixels

Tracks Wijchen by PaleoPixels 1.25

Login or Register an account to download this content
OK, but can you copy-paste the contents of your (crash) log of Assetto Corsa? Thanks.
in these cases it does not produce a crash log, it just keeps on "loading" with the harddrive working like crazy. At least in my case the only remedy is a hard reboot vie power button, nothing else works (I once waited ~10 minutes, not with your track tho), so its potentially even dangerous for the hardware

After installing the latest version (1.20) I have the following performances:
On High - ~27 fps (VERY LONG LOADING TIME ~2min 40 sec)
On Mid - ~32 fps (Loading time ~26sec)
On Low - ~51 fps (Loading time ~20sec)
i5-4460 @3,20GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD R390 Strix 4GB DDR5 OC, Windows 10 Pro x64 (legit)

I5-4670k GTX 1070 16GB Ram: I tested the Mid version with AI and have absolut no issues performance wise.
Just the AI retired.

Its not my kind of track but this is not an issue of the track maker.

Greets After_Midnight

Ok I took a deeper look into this. Here are some issues.

First this is WAY too dense for land especially considering how flat it is.
upload_2018-5-29_19-32-10.png

Lots of you textures are not in powers of 2 which can also cause issues. 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc. are what you want.

This is far too dense as well
upload_2018-5-29_19-40-45.png

In the end the combination of overly large textures in some cases, non square texture sizes and these far too dense meshes will likely equate to the lack of performance.

Thanks man for looking into it. This has to be the slowest profiling for a game ever :) Do you know if Assetto Corsa has some profiling tools so we know for sure? I mean, sure I can reduce the polygons (and I will) , but it doesn't look excessive triangle-count wise. The alpha test overdraw in the vegetation is probably an issue as well on slower cards.

Thanks man for looking into it. This has to be the slowest profiling for a game ever :) Do you know if Assetto Corsa has some profiling tools so we know for sure? I mean, sure I can reduce the polygons (and I will) , but it doesn't look excessive triangle-count wise. The alpha test overdraw in the vegetation is probably an issue as well on slower cards.
Yeah I think in general you are pushing the limits of AC. The alpha test overdraw was another thing I meant to mention too as you have a lot of alpha test based objects. In general you triangle count is quite high especially with all the 3D trees. Also make sure you only have shadows on the objects that need it.

In the end it is up to you as to what level of computer you want to support. The land shot in the last post looks much better.

Here is an example of some land from my Watkins Glen track. You can see how you really do not need much detail even when a track is fairly hilly like The Glen.

upload_2018-5-30_11-24-33.png

Thanks for the example. I worked at a game company where the engine was pretty robust in handling millions of polygons by clever culling and LOD-ing. So this feels like a very tuned down version of what could have been. If only Kunos would enable modding in their new title :(

Anyway, I removed lots of triangles and removed the 3Dtrees in version 1.25

352ucZ2.jpg

hk6UdO7.jpg

dmG4I7r.jpg

DKVTAWh.jpg

After installing the latest version (1.25) I have the following performances:
On High - ~33 fps (Loading time ~30 sec) :D
On Mid - ~41 fps (Loading time ~26sec)
On Low - ~50 fps (Loading time ~17sec)
i5-4460 @3,20GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD R390 Strix 4GB DDR5 OC, Windows 10 Pro x64 (legit)

Oh one last thing I forgot to mention. Loading time can be shortened by making sure all textures have mip maps. If a texture doesn't have any then the engine makes them on loading which can slow things down.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.