Wijchen by PaleoPixels

Tracks Wijchen by PaleoPixels 1.25

Login or Register an account to download this content

Bjorn Klaassen

Houdini TD / 3D Generalist from the Netherlands
Bjorn Klaassen submitted a new resource:

Wijchen 1.0 by PaleoPixels - Wijchen - A street course in a small town from the Netherlands

Over the past few months I've created a procedural framework in Houdini in my spare time, with which you can relatively easy create tracks from scratch. It is procedural, which means it could load whatever Openstreetmap data and generate Amsterdam, New York or London.
Since it's a procedural, it's non-destructive, meaning that everything remains live so the developer can keep iterating without destroying previous steps.

A proof concept is this track called Wijchen, a track situated in this...

Read more about this resource...

You can't use png and jpg files as your textures. You must use DDS formatted textures and they should always be in powers of 2 like 1024, 2048, 4096, etc. You technically can use none DDS texture as you have done but it will always eat up too much VRAM.

upload_2018-5-9_10-19-59.png

You can't use png and jpg files as your textures. You must use DDS formatted textures and they should always be in powers of 2 like 1024, 2048, 4096, etc. You technically can use none DDS texture as you have done but it will always eat up too much VRAM.

Interesting, I shall give it a go in a new version. Thanks man!

Last edited:
I wasn't going to post this as a "Review" because I would have had to give it 1 star. i7 CPU, 16GB RAM and two 965 in SLI 8GB Total VRAM and I was getting 17-19 FPS. I took the two first corners and had to quit. Hopefully it will become considerably less resource hungry as you learn ways to optimize the track. I really, really like the premise. It sounds so interesting to me. Good luck! I will keep my eye on this thread, of course, so I will try it again once you fix the textures like Lilski pointed out.

I wasn't going to post this as a "Review" because I would have had to give it 1 star. i7 CPU, 16GB RAM and two 965 in SLI 8GB Total VRAM and I was getting 17-19 FPS. I took the two first corners and had to quit. Hopefully it will become considerably less resource hungry as you learn ways to optimize the track. I really, really like the premise. It sounds so interesting to me. Good luck! I will keep my eye on this thread, of course, so I will try it again once you fix the textures like Lilski pointed out.
Vram isn't doubled in sli. Only one Vram is used but both cores.
Not saying anything about the track, it's just for your information :)

8 GB RAM and single RX580 4 GB, so even less than ALB. This happened also with a bunch of RTB made tracks with the same texture issue. Internal conversion of the png and jpeg multiplies the VRAM usage as its uncompressed. A 8192x8192 jpeg or png for example will be over 200 MB on its own once loaded.

8 GB RAM and single RX580 4 GB, so even less than ALB. This happened also with a bunch of RTB made tracks with the same texture issue. Internal conversion of the png and jpeg multiplies the VRAM usage as its uncompressed. A 8192x8192 jpeg or png for example will be over 200 MB on its own once loaded.

Ah, I wasn't aware that is was such a big problem. I'll try to get it fixed within an hour, not sure if I'll manage but stay tuned.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back