F1 2013 Why i refused to buy F1 2011 to F1 2013 ...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiian Guy

Banned on request
Codemaster still have not learn their lessons after 4 goes at it making the same F1 that are no different to any releases.... want people like me to buy the game then let me be part of the game .. i want to feel as if i am racing in the game i want to earn money and buy expensive equipments for my cars as i go along in my racing career.

i want to be able to customize the way i look, i want to upload my photo into the driver profile so i can look like me in the game.

If you wont let me do that then good bye to you company man ... you dont deserve my money.

This sort of games is for people who want to race in a car they can never do in real life and to make it as close as possible for my fantasy to come close is to allow me to customize the game by adding myself into the driver seats .....

I want to be able to unlock parts that will improve my cars and earn money to purchase good parts to make my car better.

This is the reason why i only race in cockpit view mode because i want to be totally in the game as me racing against the F1 best drivers :) Let me be in the game and part of the game ...

The online races are a total disaster still ... after all these years ....

Still no Audio commentary during replay mode? Oh my lazy or just cant be bothered coding that in?

Got me once in 2010 but you wont get me ever again ... lucky for you company man there are thousands of talented people that modded this game to keep it alive. Without the modders your game and company would die just like Test Drive Unlimited 2 game and Atari.

Last edited:
Fortune? Like 10 bucks? LOL Cheaper than WoW or SWTOR. If you don't have ten bucks a month..well....

yeah where talking racing here, not RPG and you don't just play it for a month do you? plenty of other racing games won't even cost as much and you own it, so don't pretend iracing doesn't add up to a lot of money.

That's me done here, can't believe this thread is a long as it is.:rolleyes:

You mean like you giving me 10 odd disagrees recently? You must be thinking you are really clever and big. Man you make me crack up. Oh and I am not sorry for being passionate about what I believe in. Just as you are mate. Let me ask you a question though: Do you play F1 on a console or are you a PC gamer?
Try to be quiet? Are you telling me off for voicing my opinion?

P.S. Hope you had a good sleep. :)
I just lost ALL respect for you Tom.
'DID' being key here. And yes. Because what you built up here is quite the awesome place tbh. It seems that rules only apply when moderators feel like it. Ultimately meaning there are no real rules.
You have to do sod all. Question is who cares.
Great for a console game. Very shallow for a PC release. Sorry, I just don't know how often I have to repeat this. LOL

Just to keep you updated on the nice features of RD's CMS system. You know that you can hit the reply link on every post you want to reply to, thus keeping your reply to one post, rather than actually making six of them. (example above).

Your current method makes it look like spam.

Just to keep you updated on the nice features of RD's CMS system. You know that you can hit the reply link on every post you want to reply to, thus keeping your reply to one post, rather than actually making six of them. (example above).

Your current method makes it look like spam.
Did not know. Thank you :) Did not mean to spam. I shall do this from now o
Come on Mr Venom, chill out. You are way too uptight. It's only a game. A very good one mind and well worth the money I paid for it. Why are you so upset?

ps, PC gamer through and through.
Oh jeez bro. I am not uptight just very determined in my statement, that I am sick and tired of the gaming industry producing fast-food-consumption console titles, that WILL NEVER EVER have the depth of PC games of old. If you are willing to settle for second best, then that is your choice.

Look I understand why they do it, but I don't have to like it. Ultimately the day the consoles die a flower will blossom and devs will have to produce REAL quality again. Not just a nice case study, that drives well, but lacks the ambience, depth(repeat) and sense of achievement.

See, since four years I am waiting for real time replay, being able to watch cars on track, waiting on telemetry to be able to set up a car correctly to name a few. You call that uptight, I call it standing up for what we deserve as gamers. CM has more and more fallen into the scheme of what I described above. Look at Grid2 for instance. Grid1 had grand gameplay all up, Grid2 drives nice, but the game around it is a joke of an excuse.

You left the bit out were you spend a fortune on subscription for something you will never own.:thumbsdown:
Yeah ok, I can see your point to an extent. No need top get all nasty about it. My pet peeve with iRacing is the fact I cannot train offline. No internet, no iRacing. In so far I agree.

I have always stated that the consoles and their users have ruined it for PC gaming. I'll agree with you about that. But this constant complaining about F1 2013 is just nonsense. It is the best version to date without a doubt. But most importantly of all, you don't have to buy it. Boycott CM and it's products if it means so much.

Me, well I still play GP4 for my real F1 gaming and I love it. But I also play many other games on my PC, some of them years old but modded to the hilt.
As much as I agree about the consoles ruining PC gaming, It will not stop me from using this years F1 game, just like all those who buy the next years FIFA games. They need the latest.

You have made yourself look a fool to be honest, with some of your rants aimed at members and moderators alike. You really do need to chillax man.

I have always stated that the consoles and their users have ruined it for PC gaming. I'll agree with you about that. But this constant complaining about F1 2013 is just nonsense. It is the best version to date without a doubt. But most importantly of all, you don't have to buy it. Boycott CM and it's products if it means so much.

Me, well I still play GP4 for my real F1 gaming and I love it. But I also play many other games on my PC, some of them years old but modded to the hilt.
As much as I agree about the consoles ruining PC gaming, It will not stop me from using this years F1 game, just like all those who buy the next years FIFA games. They need the latest.

You have made yourself look a fool to be honest, with some of your rants aimed at members and moderators alike. You really do need to chillax man.
See? We agree! Could have been there pages ago, but you have nothing better to do but trying to rub me the wrong way (one post relating to Tom I did not even reply to) and then i let you have it. End of story. I am glad we think alike, with the difference of me not having to provoke you. Maybe we can from now on be more civilized with one another. And I am no fool to tell people off when I feel treated the wrong way. Again I stand my ground for what I believe in. And yeah my rant about F1 2013 is over and it won't make a difference. But more people realizing what CM does or does not just 'might' make a difference in the future. I have hope. :)

Have a grand day Andy.

P.S.: Just found the Telemetry app in the dl forum for F1 2013. Giving that a whirl now and see if it works and remedies some grief I have. :)

Dude then this game is not for you.F1 series is for real hard core fans.Yes some features feel abit arcade.But I feel the game is improving every year.
What online races are not good????? Mate you need a good buddy to race similar to you.I and my friend race 100% with NO AI.They are really good.
Try to get a buddy then do coop with him then say its bad or good.

F1 series is for real hard core fans.

*cough*

You are crazy. Thats not for hardcore fans, hardcore fans buy rFactor or something and play the mods for the F1 season or are on real race tracks.

I assume he's talking about hardcore F1 fans in that post, not hardcore sim racing fans. :)
Hardcore F1 fans are, in my opinion, people who are interested not only in F1 but also in technical aspects, etc etc. And the feeling of a car should be as realistic for hardcore fans. And thats given more in rFactor (i think, cuase i never driven an F1 car :p)

Hardcore F1 fans are, in my opinion, people who are interested not only in F1 but also in technical aspects, etc etc. And the feeling of a car should be as realistic for hardcore fans. And thats given more in rFactor (i think, cuase i never driven an F1 car :p)
Agree for most cases but then there are people who are not interested in realism but the game looking all nice and shiny, having easy gameplay etc. - but yes, in essence I agree with you for most cases. :)

Agree for most cases but then there are people who are not interested in realism but the game looking all nice and shiny, having easy gameplay etc. - but yes, in essence I agree with you for most cases. :)
Totally agree.

But most people who just look at graphics and want to have easy gameplay... Are not hardcore F1 fans. But i play the game anyway, cause there are smaller communitys to drive with, unless rFactor, Rac07 or similar games

F1 series is for real hard core fans.

*cough*

You are crazy. Thats not for hardcore fans, hardcore fans buy rFactor or something and play the mods for the F1 season or are on real race tracks.

Actually I think this series is for the hardcore F1 fan. I love nothing more than watching the Practice and qualifying coverage on Sky (UK) and then the pre race build up and all that goes with it. Then after a GP, I do one of my own career ones using this game. Why? Because despite it not being a 100% sim, it does 100% simulate the real thing, complete with atmosphere in my opinion. Rfactor does not, neither does anything else since Goeff Crammonds GP series.
:)

Actually I think this series is for the hardcore F1 fan. I love nothing more than watching the Practice and qualifying coverage on Sky (UK) and then the pre race build up and all that goes with it. Then after a GP, I do one of my own career ones using this game. Why? Because despite it not being a 100% sim, it does 100% simulate the real thing, complete with atmosphere in my opinion. Rfactor does not, neither does anything else since Goeff Crammonds GP series.
:)

Are you playing all 3 practice sessions? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back