Which are your favourite cars in AC?

I've played over 1000 hours of AC yet still have got nowhere near getting to know all the cars. I do have some favourites though.

I'd really like to know which cars other Race Departmenters like and use the most.

Here are the ones I use and like the most in no particular order:
Kunos
  • Nissan GT3
  • Corvette C7R GT2
  • Cobra 427 S/C
  • Porsche 917K, 917/30, 911R, and 911 Carrera S
  • Ferrari GTO and F40, and 458 (but haven't used the 458 for a long time)
  • Mazda RX-7 Tuned
  • BMW M3 E92
  • F1 2004

Mods
  • The two Laguna Seca Mustangs
  • Jaguar XJ-13
  • Lola T70
  • The Formula Renault (but haven't tried it for a long time)

generally consider AC good for older cars and road cars .. but I don`t get that many hours in it lately so hard to remember and lots of them just blends together .. also FFB is kind of inconsistent to me .. sometimes it feels great, next day it is dull crap .. :) I liked F1 2004, mx5, Porsche 911 RSR (or whatever it is .. almost as good as mod for AMS ;) ) .. GTO, historic Lotuses, BMW M3 DTM .. and many more ..

Ask me about AMS favourite cars .. that is easy :)

It's truly impossible for me to pinpoint a true Top 5 or even 10, probably...but, here's a general short list of cars that would keep me content even if all others were removed from AC.
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ferrari GTO
  • Ferrari 312/67
  • Lotus 49
  • Shelby Cobra
  • Lamborghini Countach
  • Porsche 962C Long & Short Tail
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
  • Porsche 917K
  • Ruf Yellowbird
As far as mod content goes, I'll name a few that I think are crucial.
  • Lamborghini Diablo SE Jota
  • Lamborghini Diablo VT
  • Ferrari 512TR
  • Henry Clay Motorsports Veloce GTS-8
  • Acura/Honda NSX

If we are talking mods then I've got a lot of affection for the Fiat X1/9 Dallara '75 at the moment. It's just so much fun and sounds like God singing in the shower.

From original content I guess it'd be the 911 RSR 2017.

"God singing in the shower!!":D
I'm sure 'God' will be chuckling over that every time he thinks about it for a while?:p

The 917k on the currant Targa Florio beta test track from Simtraxx with the improved road mesh. I know AC doesn't have the same kind of tire flex physics as rF2 but that car/track combination really shows there is working tire physics for sure. I swear I can feel the one tire bounce off the road in some tight corners?

I noticed a couple of you guys mention the F40. That car for me has some missing communication at times through a drift. The scids are most inconsistent with that car for me. I can even hold a drift without any fuel for a while at lower speeds, which would only be possible on icy roads in real life.

Are you guys doing any setup with the F40?

When I watch real drivers drifting the real F40 in videos, the car definitely looks responsive and fun to drive with that turbo lag.

No you can't. I think it is quite a different model then AC's tire flex physics. AC has a nice heavy feel where rF2 is more violent at times. Depending what you like.
There is a detailed discussion about 'canned effects' that helps understand how it all works.
I'm sure the way that RFactor 2 does things is different than Assetto Corsa's. Still, there is tire flex in every set of tires on cars for Assetto Corsa. Every car. They just didn't take the time to animate the process the way that rF2 has. It's beautiful..I've seen lovely videos showing rF2's tire deformation...That doesn't take away from Assetto Corsa calculating it/doing it.

I'm sure the way that RFactor 2 does things is different than Assetto Corsa's. Still, there is tire flex in every set of tires on cars for Assetto Corsa. Every car. They just didn't take the time to animate the process the way that rF2 has. It's beautiful..I've seen lovely videos showing rF2's tire deformation...That doesn't take away from Assetto Corsa calculating it/doing it.
It seems there is more visual body movement when following other cars lately or I just never noticed it before. Looks really cool!!

Just getting into Assetto Corsa myself after so much time with AMS, but the sounds in AC are soo much better.
I'm not a huge Porsche fan but the 908 and 917 are amazing to hear and drive, I actually prefer the sound of the 908.
Then theres the Ford GT which hopefully has the COX sticker on it somewhere, which is the model I had so many years ago.
Finally theres any F1 car from 1967, especially the Ferrari 312, I could just drive it all day, its just that good, along with the Lotus 49.
I like the Lotus 25 too, but that car just sounds awful, especially off throttle.

Just getting into Assetto Corsa myself after so much time with AMS, but the sounds in AC are soo much better.
I'm not a huge Porsche fan but the 908 and 917 are amazing to hear and drive, I actually prefer the sound of the 908.
Then theres the Ford GT which hopefully has the COX sticker on it somewhere, which is the model I had so many years ago.
Finally theres any F1 car from 1967, especially the Ferrari 312, I could just drive it all day, its just that good, along with the Lotus 49.
I like the Lotus 25 too, but that car just sounds awful, especially off throttle.

The Mercedes C9 and Porsche 962c are great in AC too.

I spent hours in the V8SC Holden last night in RF2..that car round Atlanta ..and the sound on the down shifts..OMG !!!

• Deleted member 130869

Sauber Mercedes C9 Sprint mod
Porsche 962C Long + Short Tail (long has the nice turbo)
Porsche 917 K
Lotus 98T (despite issues)
McLaren MP4/4 mod
Mazda 787B mod

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually do casual multiplayer, and I tend to pick one of these if i see it listed:

Ferrari F40 (normal and S3)
Shelby Cobra
McLaren MP4-12C
Ferrari 488 GTB
Ferrari 312/67
Lotus Exos 125 (normal and S1)
Porsche 718 Cayman S
Ruf CTR Yellowbird

Kunos:
  • Toyota Supra (stock and time attack on C1 loop for the Tokyo Xtreme Racer nostalgia)
  • Mazda RX-7 (same reasons as Supra)
  • Nissan Skyline R34 GTR (same reasons as RX-7)
  • Ferrari 330 P4 (could be any 66/67 prototype really including 908 and ACL 906 and GT40MKIV)
  • Mazda 787b (mostly because it's unique. Yes, I know it wasn't actually banned for being too powerful.)
  • Porsche 917k (it's criminal that this car still has no era-appropriate competition in AC)
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale (would've preferred the T33, but this is still nice despite feeling like wasted potential)
  • BMW E30 M3 Group A (one of my favorites in every sim it's in including PC2 despite being a 5-speed there)
  • Lotus Type 49 (truth be told, I actually prefer it in PC2, but this is still great)
  • Porsche 911 GT1-98 (the "totally not a prototype ;)" era of GT1 still needs more representation in AC. Panoz...)

Mods:
  • RSS GT1 Pack (all cars, but I guess the "Vortex" is my favorite despite being the slowest in the mod and IRL)
  • Toyota GT-One TS020 ("totally not a prototype ;)" 911 has some competition!)
  • Ginetta G55 SuperCup
  • Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota
  • Assetto Corsa Legends cars (all of them. I have no problem with ported mods as long as they're not for profit)
  • Honda NSX-R NA1
  • Seat Leon EuroCup (slow cars can be fun too)

Last edited:
Sauber Mercedes C9 Sprint mod
Porsche 962C Long Tail
Porsche 917 K
Lotus 98T (despite issues)
McLaren MP4/4 mod
Mazda 787B mod

Yes, Yes, Yes.. These are are all fabulous and I drive them too.

Why the preference to the Long Tail over short ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back