When wiill Stock Car Extreme work on Windows 10?

Hi, I have today updated my PC to Windows 10 and I had the bad surprise that the game won't launch. I saw on another thread that SCE isn't compatible with the OS, but will it ever be ? And as I think it is likely to be upgraded, when will it be ?

updated win10 from win7 and gsc is running fine... if you dont make any stupid things you wont have problems...

also i dont installed the game again, after the upgrade was finished the game was in the windows.old folder and i just copy and pasted it into the new programs folder from win10...

but a little hint if someone install the game into your system drive/programs

unbenannt-1.png

right click the games folder and go on properties - security and allow everything for all apps, system and your user

pic is german but i think you will know it when you check it in your system language...

reason for this is when you change something on the ingame options for example and the game have to write something on a file like the plr it can happen the plr will be saved on users/your user/appdata/local/virtual store... but when you change the permissions the game will write the files on its right destinations into the games folder...

i had this problem and my setting were always restored because the game dosnt read the file from the virtual store folder inestead it always loaded the file from games folder and there were no changes -.-

that's done it!! but I had to set it in the NVidia control panel, is there a way to set it specific to GSC, or is there no harm to set if globally at 1 for all games?

Also I'm getting huge fps dips in the SV8 replays, where I'm not (60fps solid) with say the marcas, more optimisation to come I take it?

cheer fab!

Last edited:
I don't know why, but the max pre-rendered frames thing really needs to be done in my system no matter what my gfx card is (I've recently upgraded from a 560ti to a 970, still needed to do it). I don't do it globally, though - with nVidia Inspector you can do it just for SCE (I also do it for R3E, incidentally).

Possible tweaks

Check your config.ini file and see if it has settings that reflect your computer and video card's RAM properly:

CPURating=5
SystemRAM=8192
VideoRAM=4096
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5

Also in SCE Config util leave the Shader Level on Auto instead of DX9.

Have you tried setting max pre-rendered frames to 1?

I've just upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and started to experience stuttering issues in game also. I have a GTX 980 so stuttering in this game shouldn't be a problem, and it never was in Windows 7.

I applied the fixes above though and it solved the issue. Not sure which setting did the trick.

Something that concerns me is that I changed the settings in the config.ini file as above but SystemRAM keeps getting reverted back to 2048, whereas I have 16GB RAM. Is this an issue?

Something that concerns me is that I changed the settings in the config.ini file as above but SystemRAM keeps getting reverted back to 2048, whereas I have 16GB RAM. Is this an issue?

The config.ini reverts back whenever you run the config tool, unfortunately. Since it's, well, quite an old program, it has trouble dealing with modern systems. So, whenever you run the config tool (which probably is whenever you update your video drivers), you should edit the config.ini and fix your settings again. You want to make these changes, at least:

SystemRAM=XXXXX
VideoRAM=XXXX
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5

where XXXX is your system's specs.

Just got back from the trip away today and I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 10.

I had an issue with an endless loop on the Config tool. With the Nvidia Graphics Card switching from the Intel integrated solution. I had to force both the config tool and the game to use the Nvidia card from the Nvidia Control Panel to get everything working ok.

Hopefully we can get this type of stuff no longer required in the first round of application updates.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back