What If You Could Win the Lottery?

supercar1.jpg

Which car would you buy if, by a stroke of luck, you would win a notable amount of money?

That day started like pretty much all others. You woke up, went through your daily routine, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Sometime I wish my life could take a change", is what you are saying to yourself often lately. Not that you complain, or that your life isn't that great. I mean, there are many positive things alongside the bad things. It's a balance... Maybe that's the problem. You feel like you would need to step out of balance, even if just for a little bit. Experience something different, do something new.

"Ha, who do I want to fool?" a small note of sarcasm winds through your head while waiting in line at the grocery store. "I cannot even change my dinner from the usual I always have".

The cashier is smiling, unusually so. You feel happy, seeing her smile. Like you are taking part in whatever makes her so cheerful. It feels good.

«Do you want to buy a lottery ticket?» - «Sorry?» - «Yes, the company's doing a lottery sort of thing in the weekend and selling tickets tonight; everyone seems interested in buying one since there's a good sum to win. If you ask me, they just want to see the owner lose a fair deal» she keeps smiling. "Why not?" you think.

It suddenly reminds you about that old joke about the guy asking God after having died why he never made him win the lottery, and God replying that he would have had if only the guy would have actually bought a single ticket in his entire life. You always crave for a change, but never actually step that far out from your routine. This seems easy. You buy one, put it in your pocket, and go home have dinner.

Weekend comes, and you remember about that ticket. "Well I have to go out anyway, so why not have a look too at this lottery at the grocery shop?" seems like they already drawn the winning numbers when you get there. Disappointing, you were expecting something more like a fair for the occasion. Never mind, those things happen only in the movies. Anyway, time to check the ticket...

Next thing you remember is seeing a blurry person asking you how you feel, while handing a glass of water. You try to take a sip. What in the world happened? The person becomes less blurry, and it actually is the cashier, this time visibly worried. «You won!» shouts an over-enthusiastic person in the background. "I did win?" Well that explains the evident faint you just had.

Days go by, and you cash your money from the lottery. So many things possible now, so many options that were simply impossible before! It is no unlimited money, yes, true, but it is enough to actually buy and keep the car you always dreamed off.

Then you go ahead, and finally buy yourself a ____________

What did you buy? Which car do you dream about owning? If you could, what would you put in your garage? A racing car for track days, an exclusive hyper-car, a tuned street-car, a vintage or classic vehicle?

Let us know in the comments below!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited by a moderator:

M D Gourley

Premium
Then you go ahead, and finally buy yourself a
....For me personally it would not be a car it would be...'Freedom'...freedom to quit the job, buy a very good House to retire in and purchase 3 Sim Rig's with a D-Box motion system (like Barry's on Sim Racing Garage...lol)....why 3...1 for to operate for myself, 1 for a spare and the other to sell to a few mates that are interested in Sim Racing as well...lol
...if it was to be some cars it would be mint condition versions of...
1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1964 Pontiac GTO
1965 Shelby GT350
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Road Runner Hemi
1967 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake
1970 Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack
...just to name a few and a nice big warehouse to store them in...lol...and what's remaining would be used to help out family and friends.

Last edited:
No cars for me.

I'd buy a boat, some hookers and a bag full of Columbian Marching Powder. Give me six weeks of bliss then an eternity of oblivion. Epic.

(for the sake of clarity the above text is a joke. Nothing funny about exploitation and drug usage folks)
I'd buy a Mercedes AM..... actually I'll just have what Paul's having.

I probably would buy something fun but not overly attention-grabbing for tooling around town, but my real investment would be in some kind of machine I could do low tier amateur races in (like a spec Miata or the like).

For me, I think that would be way more fun per dollar than some amazing supercar to sit at stoplights in or some beautiful vintage machine I'm too scared to sit in let alone risk driving.

I'd do so much else besides buying car. Really, I just need something nice to tote the family around the countryside, because that's where we would be spending all our time. For fun, maybe I'll get an Ariel Atom.

Jeep Wrangler with a supercharged hemi with 37" tires as my daily driver.

Porsche 911 GT3 Rs for the track

Pagani Zonda R as my "look at me, I'am Rich!" car

All while living in a small cabin on a lake in the mountains.

Edit: actually i've changed my mind......id buy my wife what ever car she wanted, hand her a portion of the winnings and tell her to go for a very long drive......than I would go live in the cabin :)

Last edited:
Difficult one.. depends on how big the lottery win is..
obviously all the usual stuff like pay off house and/or bigger one, etc comes first, then...
probably something like an S6/RS6 avant as a family wagon and something else fun for me - 911 GT3 or if megabucks win probably something with a prancing horse on it.

Apex

Bottler
Ferrari f12 cause you can’t go too fast on the road so I want something nice to listen to. If I was taking it on a track day, Mercedes project one because of the grip it must have and it would be out by the time I am old enough to drive

If it was literally right now and I wanted a sports car (lets not count buying a new daily driver with cargo space) then I'd just get a Corvette because just about anything else would have me traveling a great distance to buy so right away I would get something more common close to me.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.6%
  • €3001-5000