Tracks Watkins Glen International

For those who also run rf2 The Glen is up on steam workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508582012

1.0 for AC should be ready by the weekend.
Subbed +1!

Boy, that track looks awesome in rF2. I'm sure I'll never do a side-by-side comparison, but what did you think about helping convert your track to rF2? Are there any things you like better about rF2 modding? Better shaders or whatnot? That screen shot with the Busch, Chevy, Corning, etc. signs. The Armco and track surface...the grass... spectacular!! :)

Subbed +1!

Boy, that track looks awesome in rF2. I'm sure I'll never do a side-by-side comparison, but what did you think about helping convert your track to rF2? Are there any things you like better about rF2 modding? Better shaders or whatnot? That screen shot with the Busch, Chevy, Corning, etc. signs. The Armco and track surface...the grass... spectacular!! :)
Some things I like better and some I don't. rF2 doesn't have any compatible shaders to allow things like how the curbs blend into the grass in AC. Like honestly not sure how well Bridge would convert as I used it extensively there. 3D grass also doesn't work as well in rF2.

Some parts like the overall lighting and shadows are better in rF2 over AC. The working marshals and driving out of the garage in practice is nice too.

In the end it came out really nice in rF2. The guys did a very good job and it shows it wasn't a typical rushed conversion. They really took their time and did it right.

First off this is the reason Watkins 1.0 got a bit delayed.
20181001_145726.jpg

About mid season I realized I had a legitimate chance to take the drivers championship for NAGP Monday open wheel season 34. I put a ton of extra time in practicing this season and it ate up all my spare time. It went down to the final race and I was lucky enough to take my first championship. This is the Lotus 72E trophy I just got today.

So now that the season is finished I am back on to finishing up Watkins. I had to remake all 4 AI lines tonight and actually had some great battles with them. I think I improved them on all layouts and they seem a bit faster everywhere. I'm a little rusty in the 911 but I'm not that slow. Don't mind the major brain fart at the toe of the boot on lap 2.

View attachment 272269

About mid season I realized I had a legitimate chance to take the drivers championship for NAGP Monday open wheel season 34. I put a ton of extra time in practicing this season and it ate up all my spare time. It went down to the final race and I was lucky enough to take my first championship. This is the Lotus 72E trophy I just got today.

Huge congrats!!

So now that the season is finished I am back on to finishing up Watkins. I had to remake all 4 AI lines tonight and actually had some great battles with them. I think I improved them on all layouts and they seem a bit faster everywhere. I'm a little rusty in the 911 but I'm not that slow. Don't mind the major brain fart at the toe of the boot on lap 2.

****. This was already a track that I've had to lower the AI skill compared to some others :roflmao:

View attachment 272269

That's awesome man, congrats!

View attachment 272269

Grats K! I won a t-shirt for my championship but I'd much rather have that 72E :x3:

Just in case someone is thinking of doing a vintage version of Watkins Glen, here is the 1970 TransAm race with a goodly number of camera angles including aerial chases. Some of you have probably seen snippets, but this video is the full version.

Just in case someone is thinking of doing a vintage version of Watkins Glen, here is the 1970 TransAm race with a goodly number of camera angles including aerial chases. Some of you have probably seen snippets, but this video is the full version.

Awesome video there! Lots of great details can be picked out like the extra asphalt the added beyond the white lines in a few spots. I'm up in the air as to what will become my next primary project and this might be it.

@LilSki Will you update Glen with the new trackside animations?
It's getting new grass and the blimp/plane that fly the pattern like RA but I'm not sure about the track marshals. That is technically John's gig at the moment.

This is an early shot of RA's grass on Watkins. Inside the armco gets the same repeating grass texture setup as RA and Calabogie for better detail and variation. Just have to rework the transitions to curbs and road.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_9-5-120-1-21-32.jpg

It's getting new grass and the blimp/plane that fly the pattern like RA but I'm not sure about the track marshals. That is technically John's gig at the moment.

This is an early shot of RA's grass on Watkins. Inside the armco gets the same repeating grass texture setup as RA and Calabogie for better detail and variation. Just have to rework the transitions to curbs and road.

View attachment 371624

Just out of interest, will you update also the track signage and billboards to 2020 specs? Thank you for your work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back