Tracks Watkins Glen International

I was driving with a field of GT3s, GT2s/GTEs and the Corvette DPs.
Totally forgot that I could try recording an AI line myself :D Will try that out and see whether it helps.
Just an FYI it probably has more to do with them needing more hints than the actual line itself.

LilSki, thanks for all the work you've done creating such incredibly high quality tracks for us, they are far and away the best track mods for AC :thumbsup:

If you think it is better than mine I can include it in 0.9. Send to me and I'll check it out tonight.

I included the csv files in 0.7 so I am assuming you use those limits or did you make your own?

I did make new limits because I wanted the AI to go faster uphill the esses but they're still slow somehow. But check it out yourself, send you a PM.

Hey @LilSki hi! I left a review where I was commenting about the lack of spectators on my install. I do have world detail set to 'high', however WG is the only track where I have this issue of not having spectators at all. Could you maybe set them to be progressively missing? I mean like, me on 'high' I should have only some, and full grandstands when the setting is set to 'ultra'. I don't want to change the setting just for one track, and spectators are anyway too many when on from what I see in pictures :( maybe something in the middle could be worken out?

Hey @LilSki hi! I left a review where I was commenting about the lack of spectators on my install. I do have world detail set to 'high', however WG is the only track where I have this issue of not having spectators at all. Could you maybe set them to be progressively missing? I mean like, me on 'high' I should have only some, and full grandstands when the setting is set to 'ultra'. I don't want to change the setting just for one track, and spectators are anyway too many when on from what I see in pictures :( maybe something in the middle could be worken out?
Yeah I can look to split them up in half so all of them are on with max and half when on high. But you might be surprised when on max. I didn't use camera facing people so they are better on performance.

Holy effin' crap. I stared at those new screenshots from Lilski and I couldn't look away. You've really outdone yourself with this one, @LilSki. Just...wow! Might be the best track environment I've seen. That shot of all the cars in the pits is so awesome!!! I swear I could smell fuel & rubber... :geek:

There is a freakin' air show this weekend that is pissin' me off to no end. I swear it sounds like some jet it going to crash thru my roof at any moment. I will be so, so pissed if I die without driving Watkins Glen v0.9! :D :p

I don't know how accurate the forza 7 version of the track is, but I compared LilSkis version to it.
Only small differences, so pretty good work. Elevation changes everything is on point, big respect for you @LilSki

I can do you that favor.
Black is the forza version, but as I said I don't know how accurate the forza version is.

glen.PNG

(keep in mind it's just a raw match up)

Last edited:
I can do you that favor.
Black is the forza version, but as I said I don't know how accurate the forza version is.

View attachment 260166
(keep in mind it's just a raw match up)
Well I don't know what they used for reference but it had to be some sort of data. There would be no way to get that close without it. In the end I'm confident with my model and its accuracy. I thought you were talking about scenery differences between mine and forza.

Watkins Glen Grand Prix Race Course, Watkins Glen, New York
October 6, 1963
Graham Hill (BRM P57) leads team mate Richie Ginther (BRM P57) and John Surtees (Ferrari 156) at the start
5mrOq9K.jpg

J.P Beltoise Matra MS80, P.Courage Brabham BT26A , G.Hill Lotus 49B, J.Ickx Brabham BT26A, J.Surtees BRM P139, J.Brabham Brabham BT26A, 1969 US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen
JEwrj1Z.jpg

Watkins Glen 1970
FaPRl8X.jpg

Last edited:
I caved in and started playing with lights. The rF2 guys are doing an "endurance" set of layouts that includes added track lights like temporary generators and such. I might entertain the idea here.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_15-8-118-0-14-41.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_15-8-118-0-22-49.jpg

now that's a good idea heard that somewhere before don't know anymore who it and who said naahhhh you are a bit crazy to ask for this the glen has no lights lollol ah it was mee

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back