Was Ocon to Blame for Verstappen Accident?

It's funny to see you posting the same things, again and again.

First, as said earlier tonight. I missed a few races.
Second, as said earlier tonight, I don't hate Max.
Third, I'm curious, how can every post I make, be hateful towards Max, where I'm the only one who is being constructive constructive with arguments?

Fourth, also said earlier tonight, as you stated 99% was Ocon to blame, I could have read it here and elsewhere, it's 69 percent here. So you're still 30% off.

You should learn to accept people's opinions. It would be easier for people to 'discuss' with you.
If that's possible with you, since it looks like you are stuck on autoplay since people started to put some blame at Verstappen, which is totally correct.

These are the last words I'm going to spill on you, since there is 0,0% chance people will get through that concrete wall of you, Mr. Blue Flag.

Stop with your blame Max obsesion..
you are now speaking the innocence

That makes the discusion clear.

Verstappen was holding a relatively comfortable lead.
Ocon was on fresh rubber, asked his team if he was allowed to unlap himself and received a 'yes', only to have Verstappen trip over his own ego again!
Unfortunate as I had begun to warm to Verstappen recently.
Then he compounds the felony by going all schoolyard bratty post race.
Muppet!

Last edited:
Ocon: Bought and paid-for Mercedes whore. It seems his primary job is to strategically block and/or crash anyone who might be faster than Lewis.

Really happy to see that he will never drive in F1 again after 2018.

This discussion remembers me a lot Senna vs Mansell 89.

Senna could avoided the crash, Mansell was alrealdy disqualified and refused to get out of the racing. Senna impatience made him blocked a disqualified car and both crashed.

Senna lost 89 champioship. It was a lesson he learned and made him a better pilot.

93 Senna avoided crash with Irvine and won the race.

Lets see if Max will learn something from this.

Good point. I remember that 1989 race. I was so angry at Mansell (a driver I always disliked anyway...)

I think it's a very unusual situation (a lapped car being fast enough to try to get his lap back) and so it's an interesting dynamic at play...but I gotta slap Ocon's wrist on this one.

When Max saw Ocon's intent to make the pass, I think he could have opted to let him go...but, as race leader, he was under no obligation to do so and I think it would have been seen as a very passive move (especially for an aggressive driver like Max).

Now, flipping to Ocon's perspective in the next corner, it would have been very clear to him at that point that Max (unsurprisingly) had no intent of letting him just have his lap back. Max had also nosed past him...at that point as a lapped car against the leader of the race, sorry Ocon: you gotta back out, dude.

If they had been fighting for position, I may have been more inclined to go with "racing incident" but, given Ocon was a lap down, I think Max had a very reasonable expectation that he wouldn't be lurking in his blind spot.
That's what I think too, Max simply didn't expect him there, probably didn't even looked, but you can't blame leader lapping a car for that
Sure, he should have let him go and pass him somewhere else , but as far as the crash goes , it 100% on Ocon
You simply don't do this to leader, unless you want to deliberately crash him out

Hamilton told him what he had to do. Simple.
"Hamilton doesn't need to teach me anything", he said. "It doesn't make me faster."

Well, the same old question comes to mind: How come that these young wiseguys know it all so well, but keep doing it wrong? No-one answered that question before, let alone with a sensible answer.

This is what the two blind Verstappen fanboys can't seem to understand - that he needed to think to win.

If you are crossing the road correctly on a pedestrian crossing, you have right way. If there is a car driving along the road too fast, and you know that he wouldn't be able to stop in time without mowing you down, do you still step out onto the crossing, adamant that you are in the right? No! You wait until it is safe, thinking 'What an idiot!' the guy was for driving too fast.

The moral high-ground means nothing if you lose the race (or your life).

Verstappen's ego is either too large, or he believes his own hype, or he doesn't have the intelligence to be a champion. I suspect it is all three.

Ocon is totally wrong but it will make the affairs of verstappen who always try to improve his notoriety by doing anything.

Notoriety is all today, good or bad.

This is what Ross Brawn said. In other words: Verstappen is a mental wreck. That's exactly the difference in topsport between a hero or a zero; mentality.
Verstappen better go visit a psychiatrist before it's too late.

Some time ago I had to take some words back and say sorry, YOU NEVER LEARN!
And in your opinion I am a child? Wow how you are a ...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Your comment was a disgrace and had nothing to do with the subject.

Not only in my opinion. I've read others their posts as well asking you how old you are. No-one ever asked ME that question.

Btw, I thought that: (post #242)

Still around?

You want the last word, you can have it!
Mod Edit: this is against our ToS.

Last edited by a moderator:
thumbnail_20181113_125137.jpg
The only thing you do is provoke reactions.
Most of them on race party vote on the debt at Ocon.

So I do not know exactly what you want to achieve...?? Every week the Max hate provoke reactions... Now he is arogant again? Let him be nice he is young 21 years old everyone seems to be afraid .. worry about his speed. That's why you attack him. Your Max obsesion is your scare for the future.

I voted it a racing incident.
I like both drivers...think they're young stars-in-the-making.
With that said... The contact never really should have happened.
They do have a history going all the way back to karting days.
Did that influence in any way the reluctance to allow the pass? ...not sure.
Christian clearly should have advised Max of the speed differential and shown him that it was not worth fighting a clearly faster Ocon at that point.
Esteban would still have to circumnavigate the entire Interlagos track... and would still be at the back of the field on doing so...even if a Safety car had been deployed.
Both men would have known exactly where the other was, by virtue of the attempt at the end of the straight.
It was not smart to close the door and risk the contact.
Blue flags warn a 'slower' driver of a faster car approaching.
That wasn't the case here..lapped or not.
Ocon...or any driver for that matter, is allowed to un-lap themselves if faster and in a position to pull away without impeding the leader.
There is no rule that says he cannot.

Last edited:
Ocon is a moron, and I do believe he was at fault. However, I think Max could have (and should have) played it a little safer and waited until they were through that section to take him. He had a big enough gap over HAM. There was no need to take the risk. Also, both of the Pink Ladies can be a little troublesome at times. Max, like everyone else, knew that. You can fix stupid, but you can anticipate it.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 89 58.6%