AC Warming up for Formula 1@Portimao, Thu 23rd February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
__custom_showroom_1577398837-jpg.340830

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

We are going to do something new to give you a Formula 1 like experience without the complexities of the real Formula 1 cars.

During the upcoming 2023 season of F1 we will race (as much as legally possible) on the same track in the same week. Further details about the championship and registration will follow shortly.

But before that we will be racing the car on a F1 circuit that is used quite recently, the beloved Portimao. It's a warm-up for the championship, not only for the organizers but also for you to test the car and start tuning it. Very similar to the test days that F1 itself will have.

Try driving an open wheeler with lots of grip and downforce and experience what it's like to be a Max, Lewis or Charles.

For this race:
  • 2x25 min races with reverse grid
1676663596142.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/302c7f42-322c-4741-981c-be515e0fd7de?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password for the Wednesday events, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:10 CET, 21:10 BST (21:10 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2

Event details:
Useful Links:

Entry list:
https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/302c7f42-322c-4741-981c-be515e0fd7de?server=0 Tab Entrants

Last edited:
Aaaand I remember why I love Portimao that much, especially fond of Portimao and Sagres corners.
Check the track map, the radii on Han´s chart above are not completely accurate!!
just in case you were wondering why you beach it in Portimao every kissing time :O_o:

I fell in love with Portimao the very first time I drove in it. Is there any tip I should know about this formula' setup? One of the things I don't like about formulas in Assetto is their big dependency on setups (the other thing is the madness it usually brings to some people, driving as if they were high).

I fell in love with Portimao the very first time I drove in it. Is there any tip I should know about this formula' setup? One of the things I don't like about formulas in Assetto is their big dependency on setups (the other thing is the madness it usually brings to some people, driving as if they were high).
Carsten posted his setup in the thread of the Nurnburgring in which he finished 2nd.

Carsten posted his setup in the thread of the Nurnburgring in which he finished 2nd.
I assume that it'll be relatively ok also for Portimao, then should be adapted for other tracks depending on the need of aero load or not, or am I too naive and we will need to completely change it?

I'm afraid you'll just have to try for yourself.:(

I'm allergic to understeer and rather deal with a "twerky" setup, so you may want to go back on rear stiffness and up the rear Aero.
I always found twerking is not that nice at all, at least for my liking :p so I'll see if I can tweak it to my needs. Thanks anyway forgiving us something on which to work

Probably my first win here, thanks for the congratulations in the game's forum :inlove:
The Formula Agile is very fun at corner exits, the throttle needs a quite smooth control. This is something I love. In terms of setup, good that the gearbox is fixed.
I think it's important that we try to share the tips of the setup, like Carsten did (thanks!!). If I ever find something, of course I'll share it here. Because with formulas, the setup is too important and in my opinion the most interesting thing is to drive with similar tools, rather than gaining 1 sec due to setup (for instance, with stock setup I was 0.8s slower than with Carsten's).

Looking forward to the championship, I don't think I'll do all the races due to a move but I'll try my best!! I believe it's been my first event in RD this year, for more to come :thumbsup:

Had a blast with these cars on one of my favorite tracks. Sorry Carsten @stigs2cousin for the bump in lap 1 race 2, but I think you had to brake early because of spinning cars in front of you so there was actually nothing I could do.
Race 1 was great, had a good race with Jason for the lead. Unfortunately as he did the undercut I lost my pace in that one lap after his stop so he could stay in front.
Was great fun and I liked the format.

Good racing Thomas.

My race 2 didn't go just as well, got on throttle to early out of the final turn on lap 3 sending me across the track and over the barrier, had to teleport to pits putting me a lap down.

I'm glad it was 2 spring races.

EDIT
It was the exit curb that caused my death.

Last edited:
Pretty frustrating race in a pretty frustrating evening overall.
In addition, I think I was the cause of the mess in T1 as I wanted to stay as clear as possible from @Boukâh which warned he would have been trying to leave the track to others, but I somehow bumped into another car on my left. I don't know if I was too concentrated on drifting towards the left without doing it abruptly, of if my spotter was still sleeping, but I didn't realize that I had a car so close. Will have a look at the replay in the weekend but I apologize to everybody.

In both races it was very difficult to keep the car on track, I tried various setup adjustments, but I believe the difficult also came from the nature of the track, as all those ups and downs need to be taken into consideration when opening the throttle. I'm thinking about replacing the spring in my throttle pedal to make it harder, to make feathering easier. I spun the car way too many times.. all this in addition to lack of practice made the race less enjoyable than usual.

I don't know if it happened to other drivers, but when I entered the pits, my crew was on strike and I just found the lollipop laying on the floor, no one was holding it :O_o:

Cheers to the podium finishers, great drive both @Dani Martinez(Chechum) and @Twoddle ! Thanks @Han for the usual effort in organising, see you on track next week. I always had interesting and good races in Barhain, hopefully it'll be the same this time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.