Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Wagnum. Do you Think you could in your Weather.ini's add a tag to the weather name? That way we can keep the original ones in and at the same time see which are mods. For example like this:

Weather.ini
[LAUNCHER]

"NAME=Mid Clear Wagnum ; name of the weather as it will appear in the launcher menus".

Right now they just say "Mid Clear" like the original ones by Kunos. I know you say to get rid of the originals, but i like to keep em and it makes it clearer overall since theres a lot of weather tweaks out there. No biggie though, just an idea. ;) Thank you.
Ive included the original weather files in the download so you can just overwrite the originals with mine and you have a backup always available. If I get more requests for what your saying then I will but for now just doing it the same way as say the Natural Weather Mod does it. Working on some good things for the next installment but wont be uploading anywhere near as often as before as I know it's been annoying people trying to keep up plus with your scenario if you are renaming the weather files i'm sure you dont want to have to do that on a daily basis :)

Trying to find a way to get more detail in the clouds while preventing nasty unrealistic edges appearing but think i've cracked it (So far with light cloud weather anyway). Going to start to work on mid and heavy but wont be uploading for a while as want to get it right and live with it for a bit to make sure i'm happy plus need to stop annoying everyone by uploading every 30 seconds!

Hey Wagnum. Do you Think you could in your Weather.ini's add a tag to the weather name? That way we can keep the original ones in and at the same time see which are mods. For example like this:

Weather.ini
[LAUNCHER]

"NAME=Mid Clear Wagnum ; name of the weather as it will appear in the launcher menus".

Right now they just say "Mid Clear" like the original ones by Kunos. I know you say to get rid of the originals, but i like to keep em and it makes it clearer overall since theres a lot of weather tweaks out there. No biggie though, just an idea. ;) Thank you.
They are arranged and named that way so they work online. If you name them something else it will load the originals online only.

They are arranged and named that way so they work online. If you name them something else it will load the originals online only.
Ah gotcha. Didnt know that. I remember we did run MP with different weathers Before but i think that was before Kunos added weather to the mp config... I have been running stock in MP as i didnt know you could keep the stock name and tweak the content. :) Cheers.

Ok Wagnum, forget what i said lol. So much stuff to mess with. Need more official options me thinks. :p

Basically the server just tells your machine to load 'mid_clear' or whatever the server weather is, so if they're named anything different, it won't work. Unless of course the server had modded weather names too and your matched.

Think ive cracked the sky finally! been taking photo's of the sky today and managed to recreate as closely as i can with the tools i have and the outcome looks a lot better so far in light cloud. Still need to do a lot more so I will stick to my promise of not releasing every five seconds and take time on the next release but think it will resolve some of the issues most people have had problems with :)
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_imola_9-2-116-13-22-44.jpg

Does anyone know how to correctly edit .dds files? Spent an eternity trying to get this right but
Please do.:)

And Wagnum, can't wait to try that new filter.;)
I'm working on it! :) Trying to solve how to edit .dds files properly as after spending ages on it, its the cloud files which are causing me a massive headache. Ive managed to get the nvidia plugin for photoshop up and running but dont know how to save the files correctly so they work properly. If anyone knows what to do please let me know as I can make some big improvements to all the cloudy weather conditions if we can figure this out! :O_o:

paint.net, it's the future and works straight out of the download. I am learning this for the *cough* mod I am working on

@Lily Starfox I am not allowed to PM you here, it tells me you don't receive PM's :D Get the same error on AC forum
It may work differently to the photoshop addon but when i save the edited files it says "alpha information will be lost" so I assume i'm supposed to select something from preventing this but never worked with dds files so havent a clue! i'll try paint.net tomorrow, see if that does any better... Hows the mod coming along??

On my PC @WagnumPI spot on, to be released, just sorting a couple of things out, but I am glad my wife works in the Courts, and is data protection and copyright law qualified, as well as Terrorism and Domestic abuse, Benefit Abuse, you name it, she is highly qualified, so nice to be able to call on her. Sad I know, that I had to go this far with a fun car for a fun sim, but being accused of a thief, I will not take standing ;)

@WagnumPI I run triples and I race in cockpit view. When using your filter I get a "fade to black" on the edges of either side that basically obscures the wing mirrors. Is this intentional? I love the filter but I can't really use it, especially on MP, as I cant see enough of what's going on. If need be I'll provide a screenshot

@WagnumPI I run triples and I race in cockpit view. When using your filter I get a "fade to black" on the edges of either side that basically obscures the wing mirrors. Is this intentional? I love the filter but I can't really use it, especially on MP, as I cant see enough of what's going on. If need be I'll provide a screenshot
Heard someone else having this issue but as I dont have a triple screen setup its hard to know why its happening. Could you go into the ppfilter, find the vignetting option and set it to zero as that would be my first thought. Please come back to me as to whether or not that helps as if it doesnt i'll look into further and if it does, I can create a filter specifically for people with triple screen setups. :)

On my PC @WagnumPI spot on, to be released, just sorting a couple of things out, but I am glad my wife works in the Courts, and is data protection and copyright law qualified, as well as Terrorism and Domestic abuse, Benefit Abuse, you name it, she is highly qualified, so nice to be able to call on her. Sad I know, that I had to go this far with a fun car for a fun sim, but being accused of a thief, I will not take standing ;)
Blimey, have to jump through that many hoops for a mod? Can understand with licensed game but didnt realize you have to for a mod...

Fortunately as @Fordman has pointed me towards Paint.net program i can easily edit these cloud files so with a bit of patience and a lot of time, i'll be getting our cloudy skies looking totally awesome, full of detail and no nasty side effects ruining the look at certain times of the day... Watch this space as preliminary tests look very promising!

Heard someone else having this issue but as I dont have a triple screen setup its hard to know why its happening. Could you go into the ppfilter, find the vignetting option and set it to zero as that would be my first thought. Please come back to me as to whether or not that helps as if it doesnt i'll look into further and if it does, I can create a filter specifically for people with triple screen setups. :)
Success!! Thanks, now I can finally use this excellent filter :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back