Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Success!! Thanks, now I can finally use this excellent filter :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great news! When I do the next release I'll either do a separate one or suggest turning it off for triple screen setups. On a single screen I find it adds just a touch of depth and focus but can imagine it just ruins it on yours. Thanks for coming back and letting me know.

Think i've nailed it already! Got the clouds appearing with detail in all cloudy weather conditions at all times of the day without it looking terrible at certain points! Have updated videos and images on main page...
Only issue I cant prevent which some people have mentioned is windshield glare when driving towards the sun without destroying the whole look of the mod. For me to be perfectly honest, yes it hinders you a little if you dont know the track but has anyone ever tried driving directly at the sun on a sunny evening? Cant see a god damn thing! Therefore being partially blinded by it I kinda like that it adds to the realism so not going to do anything about that except drop the auto exposure target a smidgen just to help with over brightness.
Wont be updating just yet as I know myself and i'll start playing and then find something else I want to change and then we'll be back to me updating every five minutes, but once ive lived with it for a bit i'll get it uploaded :)

Been chatting with the great Bernd and he's suggested a few things that I've now toyed around with that have changed the look slightly but makes it overall more well rounded and personally for me makes it all look fantastic! I've also done some further work on light cloud weather so it doesn't look undersaturated and hopefully now spot on. Have also changed a few things here and there and its all looking great so looking forward to releasing this version as I think it's significantly better. Still more work to do though so.... :)

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Substantial Update

Right so i've taken my time with this update so hopefully its an improvement!
- Substantial changes to cloud files so that they are more user friendly
- Complete overhaul of Light cloud weather
- Substantial changes to Mid and Heavy Cloud weather
- Few changes to Clear and mid Clear
- Several changes to the ppfilter

If you are updating from a previous version PLEASE DELETE YOUR CLOUD FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING as the number of files has been streamlined and if the originals are still there...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Right, know I keep saying this but after testing and testing at different times of day at different tracks it seems to get ridiculous at trying to make some weathers (Especially light cloud) work everywhere properly. I noticed although "light cloud" in my last update was looking great at places i tested it at, it threw up some wobblies at places like Zandvoort and just looked all wrong once I started racing again.

I've discovered that Brands Hatch seems to be a great place to optimize the lighting and colours and can adjust ever so slightly once checked elsewhere and think now ive got it working just right. Hope you agree once i release the next update :)
Screenshot_ferrari_458_ks_brands_hatch_14-2-116-11-44-49.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_458_ks_brands_hatch_14-2-116-11-45-21.jpg

Think i've now got Light Cloud working pretty well with no adverse side affects at any point of the day or at any track. I can achieve slightly better when it comes to just taking a picture but for it to work properly everywhere i'm getting close to where i'm happy

Hey, Man,

Keep moving, like you do. Step by step, without radical, big changes in values and overall. Patience - is a key:ninja: Still using your simple and beautifully enough graphic's bundle with a bit changes in some values of filter. Also, good to see, that you do not doing few filters, but stay with one, which working and cover all kind of weather/time conditions:cool:. Just interesting, do you have a test, how PP-filter working with basic weather configurations from KUNOS?

Hey, Man,

Keep moving, like you do. Step by step, without radical, big changes in values and overall. Patience - is a key:ninja: Still using your simple and beautifully enough graphic's bundle with a bit changes in some values of filter. Also, good to see, that you do not doing few filters, but stay with one, which working and cover all kind of weather/time conditions:cool:. Just interesting, do you have a test, how PP-filter working with basic weather configurations from KUNOS?
Haven't really played with the original weather files for quite some time so not sure how the filter would work with them but recently I've been concentrating on the weather files more and will move back to the filter and concentrate on that once I've got the weathers how I want them. There are a few things I'd like to do with the filter but everyone who doesn't mind tinkering a little bit is going to have their own preference so I just try and find a nice balance so everyone is reasonably happy and then can just make a few adjustments to get it how they want it they so please :)

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Adjustments all round

After living with my last update for a bit I noticed that I was firstly asking too much from my light cloud weather so it had some big flaws plus my heavy, light and especially Mid cloud ambient light was just too blue! Therefore all cloud weathers have had a lot of work plus i've optimized them slightly better and managed to cut back drastically the number of clouds while keeping the same look.
Ive also adjusted the filter slightly plus trying out chromatic aberration (only subtle and only...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• ronniej

(If you have a triple screen TRIPLE SCREEN setup - go into the ppfilter, find the vignetting settings and change it to zero)

So, change the [YEBIS] to 0 and [HEAT SHIMMER] to 0 and [DOF] to 0 in the S3-Vignette?..Is this correct or is it something else?....Thanks WagnumPI

(If you have a triple screen TRIPLE SCREEN setup - go into the ppfilter, find the vignetting settings and change it to zero)

So, change the [YEBIS] to 0 and [HEAT SHIMMER] to 0 and [DOF] to 0 in the S3-Vignette?..Is this correct or is it something else?....Thanks WagnumPI
Hi Ronnie, Not sure if you actually need to know or if that was sarcasm (very difficult to tell via the internet!). If you do however and you are using my filter go into that, so A-Wagnum rather than S3-Vignette. Find the vignette setting in that file and set that option to zero.
Ive had a couple of people asking about this as there side screens were blacked off and they didnt know what to do so thought i'd put a note up for everyone else :)

• ronniej

Hi Ronnie, Not sure if you actually need to know or if that was sarcasm (very difficult to tell via the internet!). If you do however and you are using my filter go into that, so A-Wagnum rather than S3-Vignette. Find the vignette setting in that file and set that option to zero.
Ive had a couple of people asking about this as there side screens were blacked off and they didnt know what to do so thought i'd put a note up for everyone else :)
LOL, No, it wasn't sarcasm...I just couldn't find it. Here's what I see when I open up your filter...

[YEBIS]
ENABLED=1 ; enables and disable yebis

[OPTIMIZATIONS]
FIXED_WIDTH=1 ; this resolution is the one used for the effects, if set to 0 takes the actual res, if set to a number let's say 1280, uses a small buffer for the effects, helps on performance

[VARIOUS]
APERTURE_RESULT_BLUR_MOD=1 ; don't touch this

[AUTO_EXPOSURE]
ENABLED=1
DELAY=0.5 ; delay in seconds for auto exp to adjust
MIN=0.31 ; min auto exposure
MAX=0.38 ; max auto exposure
TARGET=0.34 ; target average brigthness that auto exp is trying to achieve (0 -> 1)
INFLUENCED_BY_GLARE=0

[HEAT_SHIMMER]
ENABLED=1
HEAT_PARTICLE_RADIUS=0.75 ; don't touch this
HEAT_PARTICLE_SHIMMER=0.004 ; don't touch this
HEAT_PARTICLE_COORD=1.5 ; don't touch this
HEAT_PARTICLE_FRACTAL_OCTAVES=3 ; this is used for the textures, don't touch it
HEAT_PARTICLE_COLOR=1,1,1 ; color , for debug set something like 3,1,1
HEAT_PARTICLE_MAX_NUMBER=10 ; number of particles per car
HEAT_PARTICLE_MIN_LIFE=0.75 ; minimum life
HEAT_PARTICLE_LIFE_MULT=1.0 ; multiplier that multiplies the default life( random ) in seconds
HEAT_PARTICLE_INTENSITY_MULT=0.3 ; intensity multiplier
HEAT_PARTICLE_MIN_INTENSITY=0.15 ;minimum intensity
HEAT_PARTICLE_VELOCITY_MULT=0.2 ; velocity mult
HEAT_PARTICLE_MIN_VELOCITY=0 ; minimum velocity
HEAT_PARTICLE_RADIUS_VELOCITY_MULT=0.1 ; don't touch this
HEAT_PARTICLE_POSITION_VELOCITY=0,0,0.2 ; they're going up (x,y,z)

[TONEMAPPING]
HDR=1 ; don't touch this
; SetTonemapParameters()
EXPOSURE=0.31 ; this doesn't work if you have set auto exposure
GAMMA=1.1
FUNCTION=2 ; -1 is default , 0 PFXTM_LINEAR, 1 PFXTM_LINEARSAT, ... 6 PFXTM_LOGLU
MAPPING_FACTOR=32 ; don't touch this
; SetTonemapViewportScale()
SCALE_WIDTH=1
SCALE_HEIGHT=1
OFFSET_X=0
OFFSET_Y=0

[DOF]
ENABLED=0
QUALITY=2
; SetDepthOfFieldParameters()
APERTURE_F_NUMBER=8
IMAGE_SENSOR_HEIGHT=0.24
BASE_FOV=70 ; Base field of view for when automatically adjusting the aperture according to the field of view.
ADAPTIVE_APERTURE_FACTOR=0.35 ; Adjustment factor for when automatically adjusting the aperture according to the field of view.

• ronniej

But all in all, It doesn't affect me I don't think because I like how it looks on my set up, and I have triple monitors...I just saw your note about it and I thought I should do as you mentioned.:)

But all in all, It doesn't affect me I don't think because I like how it looks on my set up, and I have triple monitors...I just saw your note about it and I thought I should do as you mentioned.:)
You need to scroll down further. After DOF (The last section on your post), you then have Chromatic Aberration, Feedback and then Vignetting which has these settings;

[VIGNETTING]
; SetVignetteParameters()
STRENGTH=0.36
FOV_DEPENDENCE=0

Set the strength to zero and that will get rid of the blackness at the sides :)

• ronniej

Ah, ok thanks, sorry bout that.... It helps when I scroll to the bottom! ( I'm not as think as I stoned I am.)

lol you updated your mod so much...
You know what would be interesting?
To see a side-by-side screenshot of the very first version of your filters, and then the final version on the right.
Just to see how much it has improved. :)
You know what, id be interested to see myself! If I get the time I'll get something posted. Didn't properly stress test the last release but at Brands Hatch (best optimised track in my opinion) they all looked really good so no updates anytime soon now.

Don't give up yet ;)
the new installer worked great, but any chance it could be run from within a folder rather than from the root dir (just to keep things tidy) ;)

Top job though, 8am at brands looks nice :)

Here's a question that will likely get me a slap in the face. I enjoy project cars, I particularly enjoy sunset and sunrise (the red glow to the clouds in winter) can that be recreated at all or is that just not possible?

Other than that, top job as always :)

lol you updated your mod so much...
You know what would be interesting?
To see a side-by-side screenshot of the very first version of your filters, and then the final version on the right.
Just to see how much it has improved. :)
You know i said i werent going to annoy people by bringing out release after release... Well after playing with some of the filter settings as someone complained about the brightness in cockpit and there being too much bloom in daylight I found a different approach and tests so far to me at least take this up a massive notch! I think people will be pleasantly surprised as the outside has less noticeable bloom with a more ambient tone to it which just pulls the image together to make it look more real. Then on top of that ive got the cockpit detail now popping and with the new bloom effects the cockpits look simply stunning!
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_mugello_20-2-116-17-32-50.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back