W Series: 40 Drivers Express Interest in Season 2

Personally, I don't know why everybody is 'up-in-arms' about this series.
Look!...life isn't always about what you guys consider fair.
If it were, I wouldn't be getting a minimal tax return after paying thousands every year...while another guy gets a giant return simply for 'poking' his wife and her popping out a few kids.
The logic here is they should be good enough to race with the guys or not at all.
Never mind guys have had a massive head-start and will almost always continue to dominate motorsport paddocks.
What you are in essence stating, is let's take the only series allowed to train women or peak interest and give most of the seats to guys...because at this point they're better and deserve it.

Last edited:
Will the pack be expanded for this next year? I would think that's pretty risky for F3-like open-wheelers, but I still think it can be done somewhat. The benefits of this series will show itself when the drivers seen here are picked up elsewhere after showing their talent. I'd certainly be writing up a contract for Chadwick or Visser if I owned a motorsport team.
For people saying 'I couldn't find it', it was on Channel 4 here in the UK, I know that. I bet if you looked them up they'd tell you themselves which TV channels and so on have agreed to broadcast it. Even if you can't see it live on traditional TV, I would think there are a plethora of places on the internet you can see it either livestreamed or on catch-up.

Can't see the wood for the trees, eh?

Mate, let it go, youre late to the party theres been a hell of alot of other people and comments posted since and its not really necessary just so you can get your little jibe in. Especially when youre trying to incorrectly infer ive done exactly what youre trying to imply with your out of context quote.

Well played though....... Bring on the trumpets

Good effort though, been here slightly over a month and already youve made an ignore list. Noice

Last edited:
I dont care if its men, women or aliens racing more sporty wheel stuff is great.

40 more drivers interested, great! Let em have a stab! Eventually there will be a lady with pace that may make it to f1, its almost guaranteed. I'd like to see it as a support race to f1 although I can't help but think that it's a bit of a gimmick, but I thought the same about formula e.

Good luck to them!

What's the point of this series? are we told that in todays society men and women are equal and shouldn't be treated any different based on gender, for sports that involve direct physical strength then obviously for biological reason splitting men and women up makes sense (even if todays stupid narrative tries to literally say men and women being different is a social construct,... yes that really is todays narrative)

so why have the women been seperated into their own women only class in a sport where direct physical strength is not involved? if a formula M was created with no women allowed there would be outrage, todays double standards are infuriating

if these women are good enough they should be racing in the same series as the men, but no they have to get special treatment bescause of what's between their legs,

Personally, I don't know why everybody is 'up-in-arms' about this series.
Look!...life isn't always about what you guys consider fair.
If it were, I wouldn't be getting a minimal tax return after paying thousands every year...while another guy gets a giant return simply for 'poking' his wife and her popping out a few kids.
The logic here is they should be good enough to race with the guys or not at all.
Never mind guys have had a massive head-start and will almost always continue to dominate motorsport paddocks.
What you are in essence stating, is let's take the only series allowed to train women or peak interest and give most of the seats to guys...because at this point they're better and deserve it.

Here is the problem, you lump ALL "guys" into one group based on what's between their legs, there are a LOT of good male drivers out there who'll NEVER get a chance and no-ones bothering to setup a series for them, so they get a double dose of crap. "They" don't get a head start and never ever have. This is NOT a mans world at all it's a RICH persons would and it's just that a lot of the rich are men, but a lot of women are too and they're no better than the rich men. The rich treat everyone else like crap, always have always will.

Look, the men who are prats are prats to EVERYONE including other men, they don't treat men better, they just treat other men "LIKE" them better and everyone else is treated like crap.

Personally fed up of being lumped in the same group as those dicks. There will never be true equality until some people realise that not all men are dicks that need to be punished for the actions of the few rich down the millenia.

It's basically this: 2 wrongs do NOT make a right. You don't fight discrimination with more discrimination just from the other side.

Here is the problem, you lump ALL "guys" into one group based on what's between their legs, there are a LOT of good male drivers out there who'll NEVER get a chance and no-ones bothering to setup a series for them, so they get a double dose of crap. "They" don't get a head start and never ever have. This is NOT a mans world at all it's a RICH persons would and it's just that a lot of the rich are men, but a lot of women are too and they're no better than the rich men. The rich treat everyone else like crap, always have always will.

Look, the men who are prats are prats to EVERYONE including other men, they don't treat men better, they just treat other men "LIKE" them better and everyone else is treated like crap.

Personally fed up of being lumped in the same group as those dicks. There will never be true equality until some people realise that not all men are dicks that need to be punished for the actions of the few rich down the millenia.

It's basically this: 2 wrongs do NOT make a right. You don't fight discrimination with more discrimination just from the other side.

You see what you did there ...right?
You tell me "I lump ALL into one group"...and then you go on to do it about 'the rich'.
I spent 25 years as a corporate business jet technician.
During that time, I met and sometimes conversed with 'countless' CEOs, celebrities and even a few heads of state.
I can't remember one who was an outright douche.
You cannot go around generalizing simply because a person has considerable wealth.
Now getting back to the W-series....
You want to call it reverse discrimination.
I see it as a series to groom women and girls to compete against other women and girls...with the objective of maybe one day, promoting a few to a higher series.
It isn't nor should it, be opened simply to appease anybody else.
If there is a need for additional series to get young male drivers a seat, then they need to look to somebody to do it....just like the W-series.
On the opening of the series, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

What's the point of this series?

OK, one more time. The point of this series is to attract more interest in motor sports from women. This is a male dominated sport for all sorts of reasons and it would be desirable to have more women interested in both driving and watching the sport. One way to try and encourage this to happen is the W Series, a specific series that shines a spotlight on women drivers, says “motor racing is for women too, you should try it” and hopefully gets the attention of women who might otherwise have decided there was no point in pursuing this as a career.

It’s NOT some social justice warrior fantasy like some of you seem to think, it’s a pretty solid marketing move to get more women in the sport.

OK, one more time. The point of this series is to attract more interest in motor sports from women. This is a male dominated sport for all sorts of reasons and it would be desirable to have more women interested in both driving and watching the sport. One way to try and encourage this to happen is the W Series, a specific series that shines a spotlight on women drivers, says “motor racing is for women too, you should try it” and hopefully gets the attention of women who might otherwise have decided there was no point in pursuing this as a career.

It’s NOT some social justice warrior fantasy like some of you seem to think, it’s a pretty solid marketing move to get more women in the sport.

Life should be simple but people make it complex. Simply said and well said. It is what it is.

You see what you did there ...right?
You tell me "I lump ALL into one group"...and then you go on to do it about 'the rich'.
I spent 25 years as a corporate business jet technician.
During that time, I met and sometimes conversed with 'countless' CEOs, celebrities and even a few heads of state.
I can't remember one who was an outright douche.
You cannot go around generalizing simply because a person has considerable wealth.
Now getting back to the W-series....
You want to call it reverse discrimination.
I see it as a series to groom women and girls to compete against other women and girls...with the objective of maybe one day, promoting a few to a higher series.
It isn't nor should it, be opened simply to appease anybody else.
If there is a need for additional series to get young male drivers a seat, then they need to look to somebody to do it....just like the W-series.
On the opening of the series, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

The top 5% sit on 95% of the worlds wealth that INSTANTLY qualifies them all into the "douche" category....end of discussion. I'm fed up of Pious "celebrities" and the likes of Richard Branson thinking they have halos coming out their wazoo's. FAIR wage for all and PAY ALL YOUR gaddamn taxes you rich fecks.

TLDR....EQUAL distribution of the worlds wealth would solve a shed load of it's problems (and create some new ones but that's another argument!) ;)

I don't want to "call" it reverse discrimination because it IS discrimination, if men only things discriminate against women then women only things discriminate against men. Young women who are already showing an interest in motorsport should be encouraged as much as young men, those good enough should be given the seats. The best in either gender will rise to the top. That's how you fight discrimination by treating everyone the same. :)

To be honest hardly anyone is going to watch formula W, just like most woman sports.
Shame really, as Woman are not overly intrested in sport like us males. I know of only one female friend who is mad over motorsport and cricket. ( I do find cricket strange).

Also a woman will never be F1 champion...no matter how much money you throw at the sport.........its drum roll gender.... Disagree with this statement and I honestly think you are not in touch with reality. ;-)

agree 100% when never given the opportunity how could they .....like ?

Forget 4 wheels
Real Top Gun ............all because she was given the full opportunity

Off course this is way easy to drive, less Gs , less controls then a F1 wheel etc etc >>> :rolleyes:

Also a woman will never be F1 champion...no matter how much money you throw at the sport.........its drum roll gender.... Disagree with this statement and I honestly think you are not in touch with reality. ;-)

You can't really say that though, if a woman is good enough and gets a good enough car it's more than possible. In motorsport the actual vehicle difference is usually more important then the driver difference. Thing is she'll be doing it because she's good and not because she's a woman. Personally I think a transgender woman winning before a woman born female is more likely.

agree 100% when never given the opportunity how could they .....like ?

Forget 4 wheels
Real Top Gun ............all because she was given the full opportunity

Off course this is way easy to drive, less Gs , less controls then a F1 wheel etc etc >>> :rolleyes:

One caveat with women combat pilots, has a woman ever scored a kill in actual combat? by "kill" I mean another fighter plane in a dogfight.

also exceptions do not prove rules! ;) "some" women can do as good as men in "most" situations, but not "all" women can (not "all" men can do what other men can do either...it's common sense).

Last edited:
I wonder what percentage of serious kart racers are female :unsure: If it's 5-10%, and the chance of progressing from karts to single seaters is 1-2%, and then the chance of progressing from single seaters to F1 is like 1%, I can kind of understand the lack of women in top flight motor sport.

Maybe they are already fairly represented for the number that are interested.

One thing that most commenters forget about is the fact that we humans are impressionable bunch If all you see is guys driving cars with no girls in sight, how many little girls will start to idolize Lewis Hamilton and want to emulate him. It's much easier if you have female role models to look for. I'm sure that the same thing is happening in Netherlands, interest of kids in motorsport/karting almost certainly increased due to Verstappen.

Formula W is not "cure all", it won't solve everything. It might not create a single great female driver, such is life, but it is an interesting idea to give exposure and experience to a field of women in open seater racing. It might shine a light on a missed female driver, or it might inspire a new generation of girls to try racing.

In the end, it's hard to believe that Formula W can be detrimental and as such, I do not think they deserve any negativity they receive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back