W Series: 40 Drivers Express Interest in Season 2

Formula W is not "cure all", it won't solve everything. It might not create a single great female driver, such is life, but it is an interesting idea to give exposure and experience to a field of women in open seater racing. It might shine a light on a missed female driver, or it might inspire a new generation of girls to try racing.
What? W Series driver Emma Kimilainen from Finland is a professional race driver so she do not need to prove her skills, she is fast. It's is F1' and other series problem if they do not give seat for woman. I don't know the reason but it must be good.

See these 2 old pictures below about other fast finnish racing female, Taru Rinne. There's Mika Hakkinen and JJ Lehto and Mika Salo on the same podium, all guys are former F1 drivers, but Taru didn't because she's girl and Bernie Ecclestone not allowed female drivers in F1 then when all these guys started their F1 career. Bernie feared that a girl could win F1 World Championships and humiliate all male drivers :)

Taru_Podium.jpg

Taru_Podium2.jpg

Taru was also a very fast RR driver so she was enough talented to win MotoGP and F1 championships, many guys cannot do that :)

http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/fim-legend-taru-rinne-is-proud-of-ana-carrasco/

So.

Look at young Taru.
If she'd had the opportunity and the backing, who knows where she could have gone in an open-wheeled discipline.
Take a look at who is on step number 3 in both photos.
She is not on step #2 simply for being pretty.
She is there because she finished ahead of the guys on that step....one of whom went on to be a double WDC.
Here's another brilliant woman...doing a job people said only a man could do.

Last edited:
Christ..... the virtue signalling still going on..?

sigh

Well thank Christ its finally off the front page, we can stop having to listen to pandering simps, and all the SJW's who held this subject so close to their heart......for 5 minutes..... and then started throwing a tantrum and name calling because you have literally zero interest in the series....

normal rational people: "I don't like this series, I have no interest in it, I don't understand why its receiving ridiculously skewed bias and coverage"

triggered beta cucks: "WAAAAAHHH YOU SEXIST PIG HOW DARE YOU DOWNTREAD WHAMEN!!!!"

Last edited:
The series has been confidential this year with 0 exposure in mainstream and motorsport media. I wonder how they will keep it afloat with no coverage.

Taru Rinne did not win MotoGP, (or more correctly as it was then 125cc) championships, she never even won a race.

She was a very talented rider who had little budget and was very good for a short time, she did have some issues that prevented her from doing more I will say.

As for this awful W series, well we all know what it's about, trying to get a woman into F1. That is all well and good, but doing it by falsely narrowing the talent pool in a series like this is totally defeating the object. It's about winning this, then tapping into sponsors to take them further, using this as a prod to get them there. I hope it doesn't work to be honest.

There will be a female racer one day, that will manage it the right way, avoiding this awful, condescending series. I watch lots of racing where there is no such thing as gender, it is only there because we the fans notice that a girl or groups of them are doing well. They, on the other hand are just racing, battling, doing well, racing their mates no matter the gender. Ike kids at modern city schools, where race is not even an issue, it is only older generations like me that notice them walking home in groups, all together, no gender, no race, no colour, just kids.

It is us, the fans, and even worse, the media who make a big song and a dance about it, and this series raises that stake even higher, it's pathetic, embarrassing and actually the total opposite of equality.

Maria finished 6th and 13th in MotoGP E beating home former MotoGP riders

Point is though, without full female fields enough women can never get the opportunity to learn and become as good they can

That is why you need more female race series not because of fairness ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%