VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (Clio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and make two setups, one for a wet track and one for a drying track. The server is set for a wet track which will dry out towards the end of the race in Race 1. Race 2 will be more of a gamble, as will qualifying. The practice session will give you an idea on how qualifying will go.

P.S. Guys do a lot of practice for this round! It will be difficult!

• Giuseppe Di Vita
  • Number: 23
  • Round number: 4 / 5
  • Reason: No chance for me to be on server for the Q sessions of Round 4 e 5.
    My new "paid less" job has different work hours and I can't be in time for sure.
    So sad, Miss this League.
    I hope that the administrators understand my retirement, work is unfortunately primary in every day life.

Well, work is unfortunately primary in every day life.
My new "paid less" job has different work hours, I have no chance to be in time for Q of Round 4 e 5.

So sad.
Miss this League, but first, m
iss You guys.
Have good races!
P.s. = Go Jimi, you drive very well! :)

(But, I can be on server as spectator?
)

Name: José Almeida
Number: 33
Round number: 4 (mid ohio)
Reason: sorry for the late absence confirmation, but due to work i wont be able to be at home at the time of the race. I will be there for sure for the final round. Good race to all of you :)

Name & Surname: Scott Søvik
Number: 55
Round number: 4
Reason: I must apologise for the late absence, but I'm disconnecting every 10-30 mins. Internet's simply too unstable in the area atm.

• Name & Surname: Calum McLure
  • Number: 52
  • Round number: 4
  • Reason: The glider bits that the pull out part of my desk sits on have just buckled....so there is no way for me to mount my wheel, looking for a temporary solution for tonight but just a heads up incase I can't do it.

The same weird lag is there as in Symmons Plains. Makes my car drive like it has handbrake on. Not fun as you might imagine. In Croft there wasn't such problem, it only came after the latest build so perhaps I should reinstall rF2...

My driving for tonight is done as there's no point in driving if you know you'll be losing at least 5 secs per lap.

Results Round 4 Mid Ohio:

Race 1

Race 2

DRIVER STANDINGS

Team Standings:
TeamsChampionship2_zps904063b4.png

Thank you to Dennis Coufal and Christian Michel for recovering the Replay for Race 1.
REPLAY R1
REPLAY R2

Last edited:
this was an interesting event, we really had to gamble in some sessions, one of them was in qualy in wich i waited for the track to dry out, went off with slick tires and, during my outlap, started to rain, i wasn't able to do better than last place on the grid :D
On race 1 i went with wet tires, and was the the only possible choice since it was wet at the begning of the race, i was at the back for the entre race and gained some places due to some dnf's, finished 12th.
On race2 it looked like it was going to be a dry race so me and my team mate changed to dry tires, aftr 1 or 2 laps it starts raining, we go to the pits and i miss my pit spot, i try to reverse but my team mate arrives and i''m rigth in his spot, so it was a mess and we lost some time but eventually we were able to work it out, due to that mistake from me we weren't able to recover positions when the other drivers went to the pits. The rest of te race was wet, i wasn't able to recover any positions because i really strugled during the entire time with the rain, i was passed by the leader and was even able to be the second car crossing the line :D, unfortunately it wans't in second it was in 12th :roflmao:, in this second race we really messed up on the tires, if we had choose the wet tire i reckon we would be in the top10 or better when the rain started, but that was the objective of the rain, making us gamble, and sometimes you win and others you lose.

It was a nice race, congratulations top3 and those who finished in both races, especially to Franklin Stegink for the win, you have to not practice more often :notworthy:

see you guys next race :thumbsup:

The second race was a blast. :D

As I saw the rain coming I pitted immediately but forgot to adjust the fuel so took me a while to get a full tank lol.
Christian was just behind me and got released much earlier.
Finally back on track I was 12th. Driving in the rain was really big fun. All sort of action everywhere. I loved it.
Made some places good and ended up 4th just behind the two guys in front of me. Franklin played the race well, grats man!

Well done all, looking forward to the last round. :thumbsup:

For me this was the first race this season were I wasn't taken out when running in top 10 :D

Really liked the weather and track combo (especially driving behind someone and not seeing anything of the track) so it was even more a shame that I had to leave race 2 due to time constraints

In race 1 I managed to qualify ahead of some faster guys (Christmann, Foth, ...) since my teammate Daiman chose a very good time slot to do our hotlaps :thumbsup:

Overall the race was very clean and the drivers showed a lot of respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes