VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (Clio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name & Surname: Scott Søvik
Number: 55
Round number: 5
Reason: PC struggling to keep up with rF2 for some reason today, getting some real lag issues so I'll have to sign out of this one. I really like Sears Point as well :(

All competitors from the VWSR Season 3 Clio Cup are kindly asked to please provide constructive feedback in this thread. Please indicate which features you liked and disliked. What you think could be improved. What you thought really worked or didn't work. And lastly, and further comments on the season.

Thanks to all those who competed and made this a really fun and enjoyable season!

I'd like to see longer races next season.
Two times 30 or 35 mins. Should spice things up a bit considering the tires were designed to run that long. We were not even touching the limits of the tires. No lap limit but time limit.
Reversed grid for second race for the first 5-10 guys.
Sanding starts!
No ABS.

Everything else is/was fine as is. ;)

Thanks Miroslav !

The Event started for a me a bit dissapointing with not getting the Pole Position, which i was aiming for. Sadly i didn't managed it to get a Lap together, in Practices i did some 42.7 with room for improvement ;)

But anyway, had a really good start which was the key for the first Race, because so i had no car infront of me and could push to get the fastest Lap and the 3 Points. After Hany threw it away, i just tried to drive it save to the end cause i knew that this Points could really make the difference at the end.

The start of the 2nd Race was really hard. I was struggling like hell, drove the first two laps only sideways :D i tried everything to hold Jimi behind me. I knew that when my tire pressures go up everything will be fine, as it was then after some Laps. :)

Getting the Title after this two Wins feels really good to be honest :cool: :p haha

Thanks to all who participated in the Season and made it so much fun.
Thanks Xavier for organizing, awesome Job.:)

Cya next season;)

I had a nice event yesterday, i wento to the race with the objective to score 10 points in order to gain 2 positions on the championship standings. On the first race with 12 cars i was in the way to score those 10 points in the first race. AT the start i started on the outside and had two nearmisses, the first one was when a car 2 lanes ahead of me didn't started and i was able to just avoid it, and the other one was at the first corner, there was an incident and my team mate warned me just in time for me to avoid it, the rest of the race i was figthing with my team mate during the rest of the race, i was able to finish in 9th, side by sde with my team mate (which make a very nice photo :D ), thus reaching my objective in race 1.
Since i had already reached my goals in the first race i decided to go for another position on the championship standings, which would be fulfilled if i fiished the race in the 8th or 7th position i think. At the start there was an incident in which i was pushed into the wall and slightly hit in the back due to losing speed when i scraped into the wall. after that i had damage in almost every corner of the car, which slowed me down a lot, because of loss of grip but the car wwas surprisingly stable and straigth so i kept going instead of pitting, i ended up on 9th or 10th position, which was just 2 points short of gaining another position in the championship and 3 points short of being the best positioned Team Marr driver :roflmao:

congratulations top Christian for winning the championshipand to Jimi and Hany for figthing for the lead until the very end of the season :thumbsup:
Thank you to Xavier for organizing this championship, it was really good :thumbsup:
and last but not least thank you to my team mates which helped me througout the entire season :thumbsup:

see you next season :)

overall i liked how this season went, even not taking part in all of the races o liked the races i participated, i have no problems with excessve contact on the races, except on the start of the last round which was a standing start, by saying that i would prefer if the next season had a rolling start. As @Miroslav Davidovic said i think we could have sligthly longer races, something like 25 or 30 minutes. The length of the season was ok, i think it would be fine if we had another round, but with the number of drivers we had on the final round i think the length of this season was good.

My qualy was so far so good. I was not able to go my speed from our practice. But P5 was good.

Then start of r1. Got a brilliant start, then i saw a gap between Hany and the wall. As my front was next to hanys back he steered left and we both smashed into the wall :(. I dont know if it was my fault or hanys or only a stupid race accident. Thats something race control need to decide :rolleyes:.
In my following spins i think someone hit me. The rest of the race it tried to bring the damaged car home which i did in P7.

Between both races we took a look on the leader board, so we knew the point for the fastest laptime in r2 cloud make the difference in the championship.

Start to r2 i had a way better start than the guys infront of me. I was sideway of one ME-Racing driver (dont know how it was) as he steered left. For me the same result as in r1 :(. Then i decide not the store my vehicle in the garage. So i crawled to the pit the repair. After my crew finished their work i rejoined the raceaction with only one ambition. Support my teammate and gain the fastest lap. :laugh:

So congratulations to the podium.

I liked this season to. Only sad things was that i had after every standing start a damaged car :(. So i need to qualify better :). But i still prefer a standing start for the clios.
I think also that the races are a bit to short. You don't need really to look after your tyres. In 20 minutes you can just push all race. So i think a race length of 30 minutes would be better.
And i prefer a reversed grip instead of weight penalties.

I loved the format this year, my feedback/suggestions for next year below:

- keep same race length (circa 20 mins)
- standing starts and no Red zones
- reverse grid race 2 (random draw between p6 - p10 as per BTCC)
- weight penalties for top 5, but changed so 1st gets higher than 5th (as per BTCC)
- no dropped scores (better reward for consistency throughout the series)
- revised point system; 5 pts for pole an 3 for FL is too excessive. 1pt for pole and 1 for FL is sufficient
- possibly have weight penalties applied before quali for top 5 in championship
- one off mini endurance race; double points for a 1 x 1 hour race at some point during the season
- MORE RAIN!!!!!!

Thanks again to Xavier for doing an exceptional job running this league, and for all competitors who made VWSR S3 one to remember!

And gentlemen, one more thing.... It's been emotional

Congratulations to our new Champion Christian. Awesome job and a flawless drive in the last round. Well deserved winner. Hani was unlucky, probably the fastest guy outright but was unfortunate in the last 2 rounds. I'm sure he will come back stronger next season; an ominous prospect!

Really pleased to secure P2 in the championship, a bit gutted not to have won after it was there for the taking in race 2, but it wasn't to be.

Look after the trophy Christian; I want it back next season!

Finally, thanks to all competitors and to RD & Xavier for putting in an awesome show.

Cheers

My Feedback / Suggestions

- For me the Race lengths are quite fine. I mean were going for 2 Sprint Races, if both would be longer we could go as well for one long Race. I don't think that they have to look after their tires in real ;)
- The Point System, as Jimi already said the Points for Pole and Fastest Lap were just too much. Would prefer if that both additional Points were dropped as there could be a different Point System overall. The difference between P1 and P2 was ok, but the others were just too small differences (just 2 Points).
- Drop the weight Penaltys, reserve Top10 for Race2.
- Prefer standings Starts too. It's just lack of experience for the most i think that there are so many accidents. But with flying Starts there is just nothing to gain on the first few corners as all are piled up.
- Real weather, maybe chose a weather forecast page were everyone can look at to get the newest Infos.

Congratz Chistian and Jimi. It was a fun season and great organisation from Xavier.

I had damage in both races from the start. Race 2 was though with damage plus my wheel got 10 degree off center. Better luck next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%